ADVERTISEMENT

2022 open dates

jotapepe

Jul 20, 2021
So I'm proceeding on my project to fill up my 2022 schedule spreadsheet before the IHSA releases the schedules and I have most of the schedules. I have at least 7-8 games for all but maybe 10 non-CPS teams. With that said, I have some open dates or unknown dates that I need to fill. Anyone who has any information on these, please let me know. Or let's comment on them and how to fill them. (These are not counting the schools I have no schedules for.)

Week 1: Bradley-Bourbonnais
Week 2: United Township, Loyola
Week 5: Simeon, Tremont
Week 6: Thornton Township
Week 7: Highland Park, Nokomis
Week 8: Thornwood, Chicago Roosevelt, Fenwick
Week 9: Chicago Hope, Hyde Park, Roosevelt, Amundsen, Simeon

I would not be shocked if some of these teams had filled these games, but I don't have the information yet. Some speculation about how to fill these:
- At one time I saw a suggestion about Bradley-Bourbonnais playing Vision Academy out of New York. Not sure if that place is a Bishop Sycamore-sort of thing or something legit. BBCHS now has no listing for that week on their website. Their best bet might be Indianapolis Phalen Academy (a very small school; there's not a lot of upside to this game other than getting a game) if no CPS team is available. Last year, BBCHS played Proviso East in Week 1.
- UTHS vs. Loyola is in theory a viable matchup due to similarities in enrollment. Their level of competition will almost certainly rule this out. One option would be Edgewood (IN), a smallish school that would potentially be viable for UTHS. As for Loyola... I have no idea what they will do. Possibly they might look to Catholic schools in Wisconsin, Michigan, Missouri, or elsewhere for games. I would expect UTHS to find a CPS team. Last year UTHS played East Peoria in Week 2 (they had Lindblom Week 1, and UTHS plays LaSalle-Peru in Week 1 this year). Loyola played Rochester in the celebrated last-minute COVID game last year.
- Simeon-Tremont is not viable in any universe. Tremont played Madison this week last year and that may be the plan here too (I have a partial schedule for Madison but I know they were having troubles at one point). I also expect Simeon to have a CPS game. So this week may be nothing.
- Thornton Township is a victim of the Southland's open week. Dugger Union of Indiana has an opening (a terrible game, but it's there). No idea what else to do.
- Highland Park, I expect, has a game and their online schedule is just incomplete. Meantime, Nokomis is a school that always has issues putting a schedule together. One option might be Bloomington South (IN).
- Thornwood, Roosevelt, and Fenwick all could in theory play each other. Any would be interesting; Thornwood-Fenwick in particular sounds enjoyable. A ton of Indiana schools have openings: Benton Central, Hamilton Heights, Shortrdge, Lafayette Central Catholic, Lewis Cass, Northwestern, Rensselaer, Tipton, Twin Lakes, Western, West Lafayette.
- I expect the CPS schools to have games. Chicago Hope is an interesting game and I understand why they might have trouble getting games - this is a dangerous team.
-

Reactions: Cross Bones
Bradley-Bourbonnais in Weeks 1 & 2 last season bombed Proviso East 52-0 in the opener then received a forfeit win over Tilden the next game. They have Kenwood in the 2nd week this coming season which should surely be a bigger test. The Boilers played Kankakee a few years back for a couple seasons in the non-con weeks. The Kays appeared highly improved since then.

Reactions: Cross Bones
So I'm proceeding on my project to fill up my 2022 schedule spreadsheet before the IHSA releases the schedules and I have most of the schedules. I have at least 7-8 games for all but maybe 10 non-CPS teams. With that said, I have some open dates or unknown dates that I need to fill. Anyone who has any information on these, please let me know. Or let's comment on them and how to fill them. (These are not counting the schools I have no schedules for.)

Week 1: Bradley-Bourbonnais
Week 2: United Township, Loyola
Week 5: Simeon, Tremont
Week 6: Thornton Township
Week 7: Highland Park, Nokomis
Week 8: Thornwood, Chicago Roosevelt, Fenwick
Week 9: Chicago Hope, Hyde Park, Roosevelt, Amundsen, Simeon

I would not be shocked if some of these teams had filled these games, but I don't have the information yet. Some speculation about how to fill these:
- At one time I saw a suggestion about Bradley-Bourbonnais playing Vision Academy out of New York. Not sure if that place is a Bishop Sycamore-sort of thing or something legit. BBCHS now has no listing for that week on their website. Their best bet might be Indianapolis Phalen Academy (a very small school; there's not a lot of upside to this game other than getting a game) if no CPS team is available. Last year, BBCHS played Proviso East in Week 1.
- UTHS vs. Loyola is in theory a viable matchup due to similarities in enrollment. Their level of competition will almost certainly rule this out. One option would be Edgewood (IN), a smallish school that would potentially be viable for UTHS. As for Loyola... I have no idea what they will do. Possibly they might look to Catholic schools in Wisconsin, Michigan, Missouri, or elsewhere for games. I would expect UTHS to find a CPS team. Last year UTHS played East Peoria in Week 2 (they had Lindblom Week 1, and UTHS plays LaSalle-Peru in Week 1 this year). Loyola played Rochester in the celebrated last-minute COVID game last year.
- Simeon-Tremont is not viable in any universe. Tremont played Madison this week last year and that may be the plan here too (I have a partial schedule for Madison but I know they were having troubles at one point). I also expect Simeon to have a CPS game. So this week may be nothing.
- Thornton Township is a victim of the Southland's open week. Dugger Union of Indiana has an opening (a terrible game, but it's there). No idea what else to do.
- Highland Park, I expect, has a game and their online schedule is just incomplete. Meantime, Nokomis is a school that always has issues putting a schedule together. One option might be Bloomington South (IN).
- Thornwood, Roosevelt, and Fenwick all could in theory play each other. Any would be interesting; Thornwood-Fenwick in particular sounds enjoyable. A ton of Indiana schools have openings: Benton Central, Hamilton Heights, Shortrdge, Lafayette Central Catholic, Lewis Cass, Northwestern, Rensselaer, Tipton, Twin Lakes, Western, West Lafayette.
- I expect the CPS schools to have games. Chicago Hope is an interesting game and I understand why they might have trouble getting games - this is a dangerous te
According to Max Preps on week 7 Highland Park is most likely playing Maine East. Maine West is playing Deerfield that weekend and Niles North is playing Vernon Hills.

Bradley-Bourbonnais in Weeks 1 & 2 last season bombed Proviso East 52-0 in the opener then received a forfeit win over Tilden the next game. They have Kenwood in the 2nd week this coming season which should surely be a bigger test. The Boilers played Kankakee a few years back for a couple seasons in the non-con weeks. The Kays appeared highly improved since then.
BBCHS is playing Wauconda

Bradley Bourbonnais has CICS Longwood.I wonder who dropped longwood? Leo has Thornton but I can't recall who Leo had originally

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT