ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Season Names To Watch

cornerrat

Aug 1, 2009
All.... I'm quite curious on the "up and comers" in the state that look to make their mark in a big way. Especially those that few have heard of.

My entry would be Isaiah Thompson junior qb for Sacred Heart-Griffin. Not a lot of varsity experience at that position. Don't want to put a ton of pressure on this kid but he has the potential to be a very dangerous duo style player at that position. If he stays healthy and progresses accordingly there is no reason he can't throw and run for well over a thousand yards in both those categories. How that transmits in wins since the Cyclones will be replacing many players is another story though. Should be a fun and exciting season regardless. Ratsy

Reactions: Gene K. and Cat Box
Ethan Hampton - QB, Aurora Christian - class of 2021.
Started all 12 games for AC as a sophomore.
2457 yards passing and 32 TDs.
Great arm, kid can really sling it. Excellent mechanics.
Very intelligent, student of the game.
6'-2" and 170 lbs. Expect him to arrive taller and heavier for Junior season.

I've been watching this kid QB since 6th grade. Dad has groomed him to be a college-level QB. Very promising future. Quiet, focused, respectful, coachable, great work ethic. Should have a lot of attention in this crucial Junior season.

From the MC fan base Kennena Odeluga. I don’t know if he’ll play RB or LB or both but I really think he’ll be one of MC all time greats....and he’s only gonna be a junior. Special talent.

Crete Monee has some explosive players coming back. QB/WR-Treyvon Rudolph and RB/DB Kavon Jones.

Reactions: Cwilly
Malachi Mcneal - 2021 (LB) 6'1 215 started MLB for Warren Township top defense in NSC.. Has Power 5 traits. Will be a leader on the defense for next 2 years. A Mike Singletary type LB. Can convert speed to power plus ability to run sideline to sideline. Keep an eye on him. During college camp season.

LWE AJ Henning

East fans who else on 2019 team should we be watching? I know East reloads but I betting their are some names that are waiting to have a breakout year.

LWE AJ Henning

East fans who else on 2019 team should we be watching? I know East reloads but I betting their are some names that are waiting to have a breakout year.
I know not many will know this but is he going to be 100% this season or ever again? It seems like he rushed it back last year after a serious injury. Has it slowed down his recruiting? I hope he does bounce back because I’d love to see his numbers when fully healthy.

Ethan Hampton - QB, Aurora Christian - class of 2021.
Started all 12 games for AC as a sophomore.
2457 yards passing and 32 TDs.
Great arm, kid can really sling it. Excellent mechanics.
Very intelligent, student of the game.
6'-2" and 170 lbs. Expect him to arrive taller and heavier for Junior season.

I've been watching this kid QB since 6th grade. Dad has groomed him to be a college-level QB. Very promising future. Quiet, focused, respectful, coachable, great work ethic. Should have a lot of attention in this crucial Junior season.

Always worries me when I read the "Dad has groomed him". Because it has really has worked out well in the past for many players.

Hopefully it is different here.

Tyler Morris, Nazareth Academy 2022 Phenom. Varsity Starter in 2018. Sky is the limit for this kid
He's sneaky fast and strong. Looked young physically so you didn't expect him to just blow by seniors but he did...

Reactions: godfthr53
Always worries me when I read the "Dad has groomed him". Because it has really has worked out well in the past for many players.

Hopefully it is different here.

it is not the dads grooming them.
it is Illinois period, you ARE NOT getting serious looks at the qb position if you are from Illinois. I do not care who you are, size or strength. just look at the past years.
ask yourselves and answer these questions. how many recruit(s) from Illinois
started at qb in college career
ended college career at qb or another position?
any progress to nfl?
most get turned into a position player.
if you want to be a big time qb, you need to play in texas or California.
Texas: Andy Dalton, Robert Griffin III, Case Keenum, Matthew Stafford, Ryan Tannehill, Drew Brees, Andrew Luck

California: Carson Palmer, Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith, Derek Carr

Louisiana: Dak Prescott, Eli Manning

Florida: Blake Bortles, Trevor Siemian

Alabama: Philip Rivers, Jameis Winston

Virginia: Tyrod Taylor, Russell Wilson

New Jersey: Joe Flacco

Missouri: Blaine Gabbert

Pennsylvania: Matt Ryan

Georgia: Cam Newton

Indiana: Jay Cutler

Michigan: Kirk Cousins

Ohio: Ben Roethlisberger

Montana: Brock Osweiler

Hawaii: Marcus Mariota

Arizona: Ryan Fitzpatrick

Illinois: Jimmy Garoppolo

North Dakota: Carson Wentz

it is Illinois period, you ARE NOT getting serious looks at the qb position if you are from Illinois. I do not care who you are, size or strength. just look at the past years.
any progress to nfl?
Texas: Andy Dalton, Robert Griffin III, Case Keenum, Matthew Stafford, Ryan Tannehill, Drew Brees, Andrew Luck

There's a massive difference between "getting serious looks" for an NCAA scholarship and playing/starting in the NFL. If a QB is good enough they will get an opportunity regardless of some arbitrary invisible line.

Reactions: kkhawk and Quags57
We have another Pringle coming up. Will be interesting to see where he plays on the field. If anything like the previous two we'll have a standout.

Also Justin Walters, his recruitment just picked up, but besides that was a sophomore starting at safety and the only one laying the lumber.

any progress to nfl?

Don't make JJ move.

Speaking of SHG I like two kids to go with Thompson who will be an exciting player to watch for sure !!!!

Reece Edwards- I believe he will be a tough task for teams to stop at the LB spot and he’s a good WR. Tall, strong, fast and loves to really punish a ball carrier!!!!!

Alex Sweetland- RB he is a kid that can take over a game!!!! Track speed, elusive, strong, great field vision and has great hands!! At the end of the year it seemed like he was the workhorse for the Cycs.

Reactions: Gene K.
Speaking of SHG I like two kids to go with Thompson who will be an exciting player to watch for sure !!!!

Reece Edwards- I believe he will be a tough task for teams to stop at the LB spot and he’s a good WR. Tall, strong, fast and loves to really punish a ball carrier!!!!!

Alex Sweetland- RB he is a kid that can take over a game!!!! Track speed, elusive, strong, great field vision and has great hands!! At the end of the year it seemed like he was the workhorse for the Cycs.

All.... Absolutely. They are in the cream of the crop skill wise in the CS8. Ratsy

Jack Moses QB Lake Zurich. Kid has a ton of athleticism and is a do it all passer, runner, type QB. Will be a big part of what LZ does next year. Him and James Piggott.

Reactions: Gene K.
Jack Moses QB Lake Zurich. Kid has a ton of athleticism and is a do it all passer, runner, type QB. Will be a big part of what LZ does next year. Him and James Piggott.
Piggott is a stud. Jack reminds me of BMO from LWE's 2017 championship team. I have Warren and Minooka making it to at least the 8A semis this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: MinookaFB_12
known those two since they were little kids. Great athletes and competitors. LZ will still be a force next fall.

Players to watch in NW Cook:

Lukas Van Ness, Barrington, DE, 6-5, 215, 2020
Ryan Justice, Hersey, QB, 6-4, 190, 2020
Nate Pedraza, Rolling Meadows, DE, 6-3, 255, 2020
Danny Kentgen, Maine West, QB, 6-4, 205, 2020
Mike Jekot, Notre Dame, DE, 6-2, 230, 2020
Jack Walsh, Fremd, OL, 6-4, 275, 2021
Jeremiah Pittman, DE, St. Viator, 6-2, 270, 2021

Last edited:
Exceptionally insightful post, I am a father of a currently recruited 2020 QB that meets and exceeds "eye" test(legit 6'4" 218 lbs}, have had numerous coaches Group of 5 through P5 watch his film and say "how do you not have any offers?(yet no one wants to be first) Well, because they have 300 similar to choose from south of the Mason Dixon line and west in AZ and CA. The schools in the north even start south before "settling" occasionally for a QB from up here. Literally had a coach from a very good C-USA school advise if our address ended in FL,TX,CA,AZ, etc... would have min 6 to 10 offers currently. But it ends in IL. You have to be an exceptional QB(JJ/Athan) and get on radar real early to get early offers. Check Payton Thorne, junior year a few MAC's that were led off by WMU offer that is precipitated by a relationship. Don't get me wrong, Payton was very underrated IMO and should have had 3 to 5 P5 offers. I'd be curious if WMU never offered if he would have gotten onto the radar until his senior year. But then ended up getting a much deserved MSU offer. Moral of story, you are 100% correct, for QB's... address does matter.

any progress to nfl?

Warren Township: Malachi McNeal (MLB), Juan Delacruz (OLB), Josh Turner (Safety), Willis Singleton Jr. (DT/NT) ... D1 Level Student/Athletes on every level of the Defense.

Reactions: epicbret
any progress to nfl?

Don't leave off that NFL MVP from Texas - Patrick Mahomes

Piggott is a stud. Jack reminds me of BMO from LWE's 2017 championship team. I have Warren and Minooka making it to at least the 8A semis this year.

Things may be lining up well for LZ next year. They have a D1 baseball recruit at corner who started as a soph in the title game in 2017. Bryan Sanborn now has many, many, big time offers and will only be a junior. They have another kid who plays tight end and linebacker who has been getting D1 interest. If they can find some defenders to fill in the missing holes on defense, look out. The QB has the potential to be one of the better QB's in the area. And Piggott will be a D1 receiver.

Last edited:
Jason Moore, RB/CB, De La Salle. Last season, Moore rushed for 729 yards and 13 TDs as a sophomore on varsity. Also caught 34 passes for 524 yards and 7 TDs. Can also run back kicks and punts. Not the biggest guy in the world, but tons of speed and equal amounts of heart. He's also a solid basketball player. In a few years, he's going to make some college football program very happy.

Jason Moore, RB/CB, De La Salle. Last season, Moore rushed for 729 yards and 13 TDs as a sophomore on varsity. Also caught 34 passes for 524 yards and 7 TDs. Can also run back kicks and punts. Not the biggest guy in the world, but tons of speed and equal amounts of heart. He's also a solid basketball player. In a few years, he's going to make some college football program very happy.
Keep him away from Phillips!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT