ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Winningest Football Programs in Illinois listing

I think my school's record is wrong. There are two seasons left blank on the IHSA site and it doesn't seem to add up. Lake Forest went 11-1 in 1992 & 8-4 in 1993 (the two seasons left blank). So if I add 19-5 to 469-251-18, that makes a record of 488-256-18. But the listed record says 485-260-15.

Not a big difference but i'd hate for them to celebrate their 500th win on 503.

The basketball media guide also has no mention of the 1993 North Suburban Conference title so I blame LFHS, not the guys who put the list together. There seems to be bad record keeping for that era.

I think my school's record is wrong. There are two seasons left blank on the IHSA site and it doesn't seem to add up. Lake Forest went 11-1 in 1992 & 8-4 in 1993 (the two seasons left blank). So if I add 19-5 to 469-251-18, that makes a record of 488-256-18. But the listed record says 485-260-15.

Not a big difference but i'd hate for them to celebrate their 500th win on 503.

The basketball media guide also has no mention of the 1993 North Suburban Conference title so I blame LFHS, not the guys who put the list together. There seems to be bad record keeping for that era.

Send me your email addy in a PM, and I'll share a copy of Lake Forest's spreadsheet with you.

Great effort. Side note however.... incomplete results from many schools on the IHSA website. Impacts winning % mostly but also total wins. Some schools are not the best record keepers. Downers South for example started playing varsity football in 1969, but didn't post results from 1969 to 1976. Former DVC power Wheaton North started varsity football in 1968, but didn't record any results until 1976. They also skipped their results in 1983 and 1984. Some teams simply don't post their results when they sh*t the bed.

Great effort. Side note however.... incomplete results from many schools on the IHSA website. Impacts winning % mostly but also total wins. Some schools are not the best record keepers. Downers South for example started playing varsity football in 1969, but didn't post results from 1969 to 1976. Former DVC power Wheaton North started varsity football in 1968, but didn't record any results until 1976. They also skipped their results in 1983 and 1984. Some teams simply don't post their results when they sh*t the bed.

Thanks for the compliment, NN.

You are correct, some schools don't have a number of their records listed for whatever reason. Most CPS schools have NO clue what their school's overall record is, but Tom has 95 percent of the scores from 1925-95 before the IHSA site started archiving in '96. And as they say, you've got to take the good with the bad....this isn't cafeteria record-keeping where you can pick and choose.

Reactions: NNFAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT