ADVERTISEMENT

2018 IHSFCA Class 8A thru Class 1A All State Team

Not enough (B)east second teamers on this list...wonder if half of the 8A IHSFCA “all-staters” even make the Grif’s roster

Reactions: Gforce5
Where are the HM lists? I see only teams on their site and Twitter.

Also LOL the site doesn't have the latest teams yet. PUBLISH, THEN TWEET. Edgy can show you how !

The lack of a true team drives me nuts.
I really agree with you. You should be able to line up a team with your selected players. Really disrespectful to linemen especially. Need five to run an offense and I thought I saw two on the 8a team along with 4 qb's. Who picks these teams anyways- is it coaches or what? Not saying kids don't deserve recognition but let's even it out a bit huh?

Reactions: Gene K. and ignazio
I really agree with you. You should be able to line up a team with your selected players. Really disrespectful to linemen especially. Need five to run an offense and I thought I saw two on the 8a team along with 4 qb's. Who picks these teams anyways- is it coaches or what? Not saying kids don't deserve recognition but let's even it out a bit huh?

Let's start with the IHSA. They essentially just ruled that an OL who played all year - and one who outsizes his replacement by 2" and 75 lbs - makes no difference as he gave his team no advantage.

Reactions: Gene K.
Did they post Honorable Mention yet?

Coal City... 10-2, I-8 Conf Champs, Quarterfinalist... No All-Staters?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT