ADVERTISEMENT

1-32 Maybe?

Semifinals shouldn’t be at a neutral site but the higher seed should be the home/host team for the semifinal game

Reactions: Quags57 and 4Afan
Is there anything stopping private school representation?
Beat me to it. What is the criteria for being on this committee and did any private schools express interest in being on it? No need for people to try creating a narrative that isn't there.

Why?
Not in favor a neutral site but the higher seed getting the home game, why not?
We all agree that teams aren’t seeded correctly currently. If they went to a nationally recognized algorithm, and not a committee, for seeding, I can live with the higher seed getting the semi final home game.

We all agree that teams aren’t seeded correctly currently. If they went to a nationally recognized algorithm, and not a committee, for seeding, I can live with the higher seed getting the semi final home game.
While I agree the seeding system is not ideal, why should the higher seed not host? In any system they should host, JMO.

My example is the SF/NAZ this year. I have no clue how you can justify they get that home game? I personally don't think the outcome would have changed (hell it was a toss-up no matter what) but they didn't earn a home semi game. They totally earned state, not trying to disparage that at all.

Reactions: stl705 and 4Afan
By the time you get to the semis, I don't think you'll have too many "incorrectly seeded teams". I haven't recalled too many times when, for example, a CPS team is undefeated and makes it to the semis without being legit.

Reactions: Irishfan90
By the time you get to the semis, I don't think you'll have too many "incorrectly seeded teams". I haven't recalled too many times when, for example, a CPS team is undefeated and makes it to the semis without being legit.
You might get a loaded side when it’s not 1-32 but generally I would agree.

Beat me to it. What is the criteria for being on this committee and did any private schools express interest in being on it? No need for people to try creating a narrative that isn't there.
Looks like advisory committees have one representative per IHSA board division. How are advisory committee members appointed or elected? Who appoints them? How long do they serve?

The fact is that there are no private school people currently on the football advisory committee, but they are members of other advisory committees. Boys lacrosse, for example, has THREE private school reps representing three different board divisions.

What if the answer to your question about private schools expressing interest in being on the advisory committee is yes?

MY question is how many of them, if any, were asked to be on the football advisory committee?

By the way, I note that the coach from Antioch's term on the committee is over soon. As the IHSA board division for Antioch and Carmel Catholic is the same, I vote for Jason McKie from Carmel Catholic to be the one to take the Antioch coach's place on the committee.

How's that for a narrative?

Reactions: Gene K.
Looks like advisory committees have one representative per IHSA board division. How are advisory committee members appointed or elected? Who appoints them? How long do they serve?

The fact is that there are no private school people currently on the football advisory committee, but they are members of other advisory committees. Boys lacrosse, for example, has THREE private school reps representing three different board divisions.

What if the answer to your question about private schools expressing interest in being on the advisory committee is yes?

MY question is how many of them, if any, were asked to be on the football advisory committee?

By the way, I note that the coach from Antioch's term on the committee is over soon. As the IHSA board division for Antioch and Carmel Catholic is the same, I vote for Jason McKie from Carmel Catholic to be the one to take the Antioch coach's place on the committee.

How's that for a narrative?
Being that you don't have the answers either, yes it is a narrative that you are trying to push.

Maybe boys lacrosse has private school representation because there's 105 schools that play lacrosse and 20% of them are privates.

Does the IHSA seek out advisory committee members? It may not be up to the IHSA to ask. What if no one from private schools have volunteered or sought appointment?

Not everything needs to be a public vs. private issue.

Not everything needs to be a public vs. private issue.

Two weeks ago, you accused me of having a "one stringed guitar" because of my "obsession with blowouts." So relieved you acknowledge my ability to multi-task.

Reactions: 4Afan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT