ADVERTISEMENT

“It’s not about talent, it’s about team”

I never thought the day would come, but I completely agree with you.

Well, that day is here, and it's arrival is duly noted.

BTW, which school do you follow? Is that a factor in your your amazement?

Last edited:
Well, that day is here, and it's arrival is duly note

BTW, which school do you follow? Is that a factor in your your amazement?
I'm a Rambler, but I have many family members and friends who are men of Mount Carmel.

Reactions: McCaravan
I'm a Rambler, but I have many family members and friends who are men of Mount Carmel.

For almost 40 years, I've been an usher at parishes in Park Ridge and Lake County, and have known many, many LA parents -- all great folks.

My late cousin was a theology instructor at LA, as well.

My favorite moment regarding your school occurred about ten years ago. I was listening to an MC/ LA game on your student radio station. During a time out, one of the kids was reading announcements, including "The Philosophy club will meet Tuesday after school in room 109." The other kid added, "Will they discuss, 'Does room 109 really exist?" Well done.

To paraphrase Coach Herb Brooks: It's not about having the best players, but the right players.

H.S. and college are considerably different in many ways, but during a random conversation with Randy Walker (former NU coach) and his wife at a valet stand not long before he passed away, his opinion was that it's all about getting the kids to believe in the program. Hard to argue with what he and Fitz (and Gary B.) have done with players that weren't the "most talented". Of course it's never enough - Go 'Cats!

Reactions: FalconPadre
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT