ADVERTISEMENT

York 33 @ DGN 14 late 4th

I think this will be a back and forth battle on the ground. DGN has the home field advantage - pulls out a close win.

• Wow
Reactions: RockSoup
Yes, I am on the Duke bandwagon!
Not so fast my friend! York is very good this year. They were also very good last year and got smoked by Hollywood. My question is how good are Hollywood and Beast this year? Because to me when those two teams are loaded good luck to the rest of us. It’s just a different level of football. York is a great story but I’ll take the usual suspects (Hollywood, Beast,Swagger) to win 8A.

Anyway York by 20 over DGN.

Not so fast my friend! York is very good this year. They were also very good last year and got smoked by Hollywood. My question is how good are Hollywood and Beast this year? Because to me when those two teams are loaded good luck to the rest of us. It’s just a different level of football. York is a great story but I’ll take the usual suspects (Hollywood, Beast,Swagger) to win 8A.

Anyway York by 20 over DGN.
I know I went out on a limb here. Just got the feeling preseason, so I am sticking to it.

For me, BR beating Swagger gave me pause on them, but it was the first game of the year, and didn't your QB get hurt?

I think LA and LWE will meet b4 the finals, thus, one getting knocked out.

Can't wait to see how the 1-32 brackets play out.

I hope Catch22 can do his thing.

York’s running game and play calling is very good. Defensive front and linebacker play is very stout. Ostendorf is one of the best mlb in the state if not the best.
York by 4 scores.

This will be a big test for the DGN, sophomore QB. He’s looked good against inferior competition, but haven’t seen it yet against a good team.

I think some of ya’ll are selling DGN short. I will be surprised if York wins by 20+ points. Give me York by a TD in a close game.

Reactions: RD_Watcher
This will be a big test for the DGN, sophomore QB. He’s looked good against inferior competition, but haven’t seen it yet against a good team.
Is GBW inferior to Naz? I don’t think they are. GBW Defense sure looked good against everyone else

Reactions: brucealmighy
St Francis is pretty good. DGS is a rivalry game and they are ok. GW was banged up but the kid still played well for his first conference road start. Lots of teams have faced worse competition so far this season.

Lots of teams have faced worse competition so far this season.
Ya like York lol. 5 teams with a combined 6 wins yet all I’ve heard is this York team is much better than last years. I’ll be in Downers this Friday to find out! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Whit0315
Is GBW inferior to Naz? I don’t think they are. GBW Defense sure looked good against everyone else
I'm not saying those teams aren't solid and I'm not saying hes playing poorly, I just was expecting JJ type numbers from him based on the hype on social media. That, we haven't seen yet against a good team. I believe they were able to run all over GBW. Passing stats haven't quite been what was expected based on the amount of hype on him.

Reactions: stl705
I'm not saying those teams aren't solid and I'm not saying hes playing poorly, I just was expecting JJ type numbers from him based on the hype on social media. That, we haven't seen yet against a good team. I believe they were able to run all over GBW. Passing stats haven't quite been what was expected based on the amount of hype on him.
JJ had a lot of talent around him on offense. Skill players and linemen were at a different level from the DGN squad.

Ya like York lol. 5 teams with a combined 6 wins yet all I’ve heard is this York team is much better than last years. I’ll be in Downers this Friday to find out! :)
I don’t know what to make of York yet. There wins are all against teams with losing records. It’s hard to get a read on a team until the play teams that are playoff contenders. I don’t know DGN either so this game is interesting. The Dukes need to play teams that will prepare them for the LWE, Loyola, MS etc.

Reactions: feeto and stl705
I don’t know what to make of York yet. There wins are all against teams with losing records. It’s hard to get a read on a team until the play teams that are playoff contenders. I don’t know DGN either so this game is interesting. The Dukes need to play teams that will prepare them for the LWE, Loyola, MS etc.
Corey90,
I have seen lots of hs football, this york team is different. Solid coaching and kids that have bought in to the process. Excited to see the DGN test.

Corey90,
I have seen lots of hs football, this york team is different. Solid coaching and kids that have bought in to the process. Excited to see the DGN test.
What did they return from last year?

I’m also curious on the scouting report. Players to watch? Is DGN RB playing this week?

Corey90,
I totally get your excitement. This will be a good test for York. DGN is 5-0 and appears to have played a tougher schedule to date. I will give DGN a slight edge but heck what do I know. 😂

According to one of their coaches up near the coaches box anyways. I’d assume he wouldn’t be making that up

#30 on York, their RB is a savage. Td York. DGN penalties on D killing them
Terrible offsides - York wasn’t going to snap it but still got DGN with the penalty. Lansu looks like the real, DGN needs to abandon the run and put the ball in this QBs hands.

Reactions: RPG24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT