ADVERTISEMENT

WSC Quarterfinals Pick em

RD_Watcher

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2019
The West Suburban Conference has 2 Quarterfinal teams, both from the Silver Division. In 7A, Downers Grove North will travel to Lincoln-Way West; while in 8A, York will host Edwardsville.

DGN had a rough 1st half against Hersey this past weekend. However, they came out and fought in the second half, clawing their way back into the game, and taking the lead late in the 4th qtr.

I don't know a ton about LWW, but I'll lay out what I know:
- They are 9-2, with their two loses coming to Belleville East (still playing) and Homewood-Flossmoor (1st Round loss)
- They won the Southwest Suburban Red.
- They handed Lincoln Way Central (lost to Batavia in Round 2) their sole regular season loss.
- They beat Bradley-Bourbonnais, who also was a Round 2 playoff team.
- Massey has their regular season schedule ranked at 73rd in the state (DGNs is ranked at 37).

York won one of the most intense games I've seen against a tough Lyons team. A walk-off field goal is both heartbreaking and exhilarating at the same time.

They now face an Edwardsville team that completely dismantled Glenbard West this past Saturday. Despite with GBWs Twitter page indicated, they were never in this game, and E=ville ran away with it. This will definetly be a tough matchup for the Dukes.

7A - Downers Grove North (9-2) @ Lincoln Way West (9-2)
8A - York (10-1) vs. Edwardsville (10-1)

DGN
Edwardsville

It was 14-7 and GW recovered an onside kick so cut the Hitters Twitter guy some slack. That glimmer of hope did disappear quickly. GW tends to bow out of the playoffs in a blowout.

Reactions: RD_Watcher
It was 14-7 and GW recovered an onside kick so cut the Hitters Twitter guy some slack. That glimmer of hope did disappear quickly. GW tends to bow out of the playoffs in a blowout.
In that one tweet - I will cut some slack. For all the other in game tweets throughout the season, I'll just say I hope that is a teenager running the account.

In that one tweet - I will cut some slack. For all the other in game tweets throughout the season, I'll just say I hope that is a teenager running the account.
They are very optimistic at all times but I do appreciate the updates as someone that has a hard time making to the games .

Reactions: RD_Watcher
Gentlemen (I apologize if I just assumed your gender),

I am sorry for being so behind on this. Sometimes real life just gets in the way.

Quick Wrap up for the quarters - board went 14-4 overall. Only one player went O-fer. 6 of us were 2-0.

Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding.

Reactions: Alexander32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT