ADVERTISEMENT

WSC Wk 5 Pick'em

RD_Watcher

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2019
Here we are - Week 5. The official half-way point of the regular season. If Hinsdale South can get a win over Willowbrook, they have a real shot at getting to 5 wins, even if they fall next week to DGS. Willowbrook coming of a loss to DGS is sure to be fired up, and not let the conference championship slip away.

On the Silver side, the only game with a question is York at HC. I recognize this is a homer statement, and most everyone will likely pick chalk for the entire Silver side. The Red Devils have backed themselves into a corner, but the only game they weren't competitive in late was against LT. The offense has put up points when they've had time to get going, so the onus is on the defense to get York's offense off the field. It is HC's homecoming, so perhaps there will be a little more fire.

Glenbard West goes to Leyden on Thursday, so all picks for that game will need to be in prior to kickoff. Otherwise, all other games are on Friday Night.

Proviso East (1-3) @ Addison Trail (2-2)
Downers Grove South (1-3) @ Morton (1-3)
Hinsdale South (2-2) @ Willowbrook (2-2)
Glenbard West (2-2) @ Leyden (1-3) THURSDAY 21st
Downers Grove North (4-0) @ Oak Park-River Forest (1-3)
York (4-0) @ Hinsdale Central (1-3)
Lyons Township (2-2) @ Proviso West (0-4)

Reactions: WBWarriorWatcher
My picks:

Addison Trail
Downers Grove South
Hinsdale South
Glenbard West
Downers Grove North
Hinsdale Central
Lyons Township

Addison Trail (2-2)
Downers Grove South
Willowbrook (2-2)
Glenbard West (2-2)
Downers Grove North (4-0)
York (4-0)
Lyons Township

Reactions: RD_Watcher
Here we are - Week 5. The official half-way point of the regular season. If Hinsdale South can get a win over Willowbrook, they have a real shot at getting to 5 wins, even if they fall next week to DGS. Willowbrook coming of a loss to DGS is sure to be fired up, and not let the conference championship slip away.

On the Silver side, the only game with a question is York at HC. I recognize this is a homer statement, and most everyone will likely pick chalk for the entire Silver side. The Red Devils have backed themselves into a corner, but the only game they weren't competitive in late was against LT. The offense has put up points when they've had time to get going, so the onus is on the defense to get York's offense off the field. It is HC's homecoming, so perhaps there will be a little more fire.

Glenbard West goes to Leyden on Thursday, so all picks for that game will need to be in prior to kickoff. Otherwise, all other games are on Friday Night.

This week's picks:
Proviso East
Downers Grove South
Willowbrook
Glenbard West
Downers Grove North
York
Lyons Township

RD Watcher: I will be out of town and out of touch next week in the backcountry of Oregon. I'm hoping I may be allowed to submit my picks for next week's games in this message. The games are played September 29th except for the game played at Proviso East, which is scheduled for Saturday, September 30th. Here are the picks:

Proviso West over Addison Trail
Morton over Leyden
Downers Grove South over Hinsdale South
Willowbrook over Proviso East
York over Downers Grove North
Glenbard West over Hinsdale Central
Lyons Township over Oak Park - River Forest

If it is too much of an administrative effort to record these picks, I will certainly understand. I appreciate the time it takes for you to administer this contest. Thanks.

AT
Morton
Willowbrook
GBW
DgN
York
LT

This week's picks:
Proviso East
Downers Grove South
Willowbrook
Glenbard West
Downers Grove North
York
Lyons Township

RD Watcher: I will be out of town and out of touch next week in the backcountry of Oregon. I'm hoping I may be allowed to submit my picks for next week's games in this message. The games are played September 29th except for the game played at Proviso East, which is scheduled for Saturday, September 30th. Here are the picks:

Proviso West over Addison Trail
Morton over Leyden
Downers Grove South over Hinsdale South
Willowbrook over Proviso East
York over Downers Grove North
Glenbard West over Hinsdale Central
Lyons Township over Oak Park - River Forest

If it is too much of an administrative effort to record these picks, I will certainly understand. I appreciate the time it takes for you to administer this contest. Thanks.
The work in the preseason paid off. I have your picks recorded for this week and next. Have a great trip!

Reactions: Alexander32
Addison Trail
Downers Grove South
Willowbrook
Glenbard West
Downers Grove North
York
Lyons Township

A pretty no frills week here in the West Suburban Conference. As predicted, all games went chalk. The board was 100% on Glenbard West, DGN and LT.

We had 12 players this week who went a combined 77-7 on the week. 7 went 7-0 - @brucealmighy, @Fishwater41, @stl705, @MS4EVER, @Cross Bones, @WBWarriorWatcher, and @gobears25. At the other end, two players went 5-2 - yours truly, and @Panthers1211. Our common downfall was selecting wins by D86 schools.

The updated standings are below:

1 - @brucealmighy (38-9)
T2 - @LakeCtyNewt (37-10)
T2 - @chiliconcarne (37-10)
T2 - @Fishwater41 (37-10)
5 - @stl705 (35-12)
6 - @Alexander32 (34-13)
7 - @Panthers1211 (33-14)
8 - @MS4EVER (32-15)
9 - @RD_Watcher (30-17)
10 - @WSC_FootballFan (25-8) missed Week 3 & 5
11 - @Cross Bones (28-19)
12 - @WBWarriorWatcher (28-7) missed Week 2
13 - @kpjasion (12-7) missed Week 1, 4 & 5
14 - @gobears25 (16-5) missed Week 1 & 2

Wk5 September 22
Proviso East (12) @ Addison Trail (42)
Downers Grove South (34) @ Morton (0)
Hinsdale South (34) @ Willowbrook (37)
Glenbard West (55) @ Leyden (13) THURSDAY 21st
Downers Grove North (38) @ Oak Park-River Forest (8)
York (38) @ Hinsdale Central (10)
Lyons Township (49) @ Proviso West (0)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT