ADVERTISEMENT

World Series

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
Putting on my old curmudgeon hat on for a min. How am I supposed to get excited to watch 2 teams who couldn't even win 90 games or their divisions. I hate wild cards and a third of the teams making the playoffs. Ive kind of been gone since the 94 season anyway.

Dean

I understand your point. 10 teams in the playoffs is too many. However, you have to admit that these teams, specifically the Royals have been fun to watch. I can't remember a playoff team that ever played better defense.

Jumped on the KC bandwagon around 2008 after they had drafted Moustakas and Hosmer. I thought that those two were destined for stardom, but both struggled mightily since their promotions to KC, but both have really been tremendous defenders, just unable to put it together at the plate. Hosmer has been pretty solid the last two years at the plate, but Moustakas really struggled, even being sent down for a portion of 2014. Seeing them both having huge postseasons on the offensive end has been awesome.

I was pretty bummed when the Royals traded Wil Myers to Tampa, especially when we had Jeff Francoeur manning RF, but after seeing what Shields and Davis have done for this club during this postseason run, you can't argue that trade at all.

I hope that the Royals can somehow pull out three more wins, but no matter what happens this has been one fantastic postseason ride!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT