ADVERTISEMENT

Who is Kuska calling out in this article?

ppssfan,

Montini already has to play in 6A this year and 7a next year because thye made the finals 6 times. I don't understand how you say SF should move up when they were in 6A last year. Its true that SF is slightly bigger than Montini, but SF doesn't have nearly the tradition Montini has.

SF was a total disaster for decades and we have a few good years and now we should play up even further? can you explain what you mean?
Referring to the article about playing in the blue vs the green, not referring to playing in a IHSA higher class. The article was speaking about divisions in the CCL. As the CCL goes, Montini and SFHS tied last year, so reference to MCHS as most likely to play in blue CCL I thought was not necessarily warranted.

MC & Loyola playing each other every year is a good thing. I don't know how older fans would feel about not playing Rice each season since the schools are close. If there was a way to work Rice and PC in for home and homes every few years and for MC to have SR as a yearly crossover.
Think back to before the formation of the CMC then subsequent Blue- even in '91, '92, '95 MC LA did not play. Woulda been phenomenal games in 91/92with LA a semi and 6A finalist and MC 5A winner 5A semi. Even in 88 MC SR did not play in regular season. Thankfully met in 6A semi each at 12-0.

Referring to the article about playing in the blue vs the green, not referring to playing in a IHSA higher class. The article was speaking about divisions in the CCL. As the CCL goes, Montini and SFHS tied last year, so reference to MCHS as most likely to play in blue CCL I thought was not necessarily warranted.

ppsfan,

Ah ok. I got confused between the exchanges. This one is on me. As far as the article I kind of get the impression the Saint Rita coach is talking about marist anyway.

Maybe SR should drop down to the Green? Kuska has proven he can't win titles with talent most other schools would give their eye teeth for a shot to have in their halls.

I could see 5,5,8 with 2 crossovers at the top. Makes more sense than 4 divisions and meaningless crossovers (Blue vs. White).

Where in the article does he mention Montini?

Personally I think he was taking a shot at Fenwick. .

5-5-8 Makes the most logical sense with one crossover between top two divisions. You could can leave all non conference games to the first 4 weeks where it is much easier to match up with people.

He was taking a shot at Fenwick, the CCL Blue teams have had an issue with Fenwick not wanting to be in the Blue for some time. Why should we go to the Blue? It'll be a death sentence, Montini is much more capable of playing with those teams then we are. Fenwick has gone up a few times the last 20 years and it ended in disaster. We are a competitive program in the Green (previously White) where we belong competitively. Aside from Loyola the other Blue teams have nowhere near the academic and even financial hurdles that Fenwick has. We also have good competitive public schools surrounding us. When Fenwick starts caring more about athletic success then academic success maybe we'll be a fit in the Blue but until there we are just fine where we are.

Reactions: Cross Bones
If the current CCL and ESCC combined I would have Montini in a division with JC and Naz. Blue would be MC, SR, BR, Marist, PC, LA

I agree based on enrollment numbers Marist is really the team that should be in the CCL Blue.

However if I could put any team in the CCL Blue and as unconventional this would be since they are not private schools, I would really like to see Maine South or Glenbard West right now in the CCL Blue. How exciting would that be?

Wassup

"I think it's comical we can't get anybody (else) to play in the Blue," Kuska said. "I don't understand how one other team won't step up."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...l-catholic-league-st-0707-20150706-story.html

They really should go to 3 divisions of six. Go back to geography and break up the Blue if needed. Conferences with 5,5,4,4, is bad. Maybe 5,5,8, with the top two playing a crosss over would be ok.

"I think it's comical we can't get anybody (else) to play in the Blue," Kuska said. "I don't understand how one other team won't step up."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...l-catholic-league-st-0707-20150706-story.html

They really should go to 3 divisions of six. Go back to geography and break up the Blue if needed. Conferences with 5,5,4,4, is bad. Maybe 5,5,8, with the top two playing a crosss over would be ok.

Kuska

Your thread should have read Who is Pat Mahoney calling out. The Loyola AD names Fenwick or Montini as the teams who should move to the blue. If fact most of the quotes in the article are from the LA AD. Kuska has one quote and does mention any school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT