ADVERTISEMENT

Week 7: The Underclassmen Report Brother Rice/Joliet Catholic

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
I was able to get out to see games on both Friday night and Saturday night last weekend. I was in Chicago for the JCA win over Brother Rice and then Saturday night I was at Gately for Morgan Park and Simeon. I will prepare these reports each week during the 2021 Fall season. Questions? Issues? Post em here or email me edgytim@edgytim.copm

Brother Rice Crusaders

Top Underclassmen to Watch

2023 DL Roderick Pierce III (6-foot-3, 245 pounds)-
Pierce III is already on several FBS level recruiting radar screens this fall after having a strong showing this past summer at various camps and showcase events. Pierce IIi nop question passes the all important eyeball test, has good strength and bend along with quick feet, knows how to use his hands and technically is much improved from the spring season. I'm still a little bit unsure of an eventual college position for Pierce III (listed by Rivals at DT) but overall this kid is a D1 level name on the rise.

2023 ILB Henry Ivers (6-foot-1, 195 pounds)- Ivers is a down in and down out grinder type who is always around the football. Ivers really impressed me last spring with his overall speed, quickness and his sideline to sideline ability to go get the ball carrier. Ivers will need to add a bit more weight and strength for the college level in my opinion, but his pure natural instincts, nose for the football and motor are no question something to take notice of this fall.

2023 WR Marty O'Keeffe (6-foot-0, 175 pounds)
2023 OL Jackson Judeh (6-foot-1, 255 pounds).
2023 DL Ryan Kenney (6-foot-5, 195 pounds)
2023 DL Jonas Bossette (6-foot-1, 275 pounds)
2023 LB Brendan Anrold (6-foot-0, 180 pounds)

Senior Eye Opener

QB Jack Lausch-
Lausch gave Notre Dame a verbal commitment months ago for two sports (football/baseball) and I have no idea if he will ever see the field at Notre Dame for football as a PWO. Yet Lausch overall game has made significant strides in several facets. Lausch is a much more confident passer inside and outside of the pocket, Lausch runs with the football very well and always has his eyes up downfield and can just make big play after big play. Lausch has plenty of arm talent for the D1 level in my opinion, along with the overall frame to get a bit stronger and fill out over the next year plus. I would not be shocked to see Lausch develop into a terrific story in college and a name that could easily emerge down the line in college football.

RB Aaron Vaughn Jr.- Vaughn Jr. has been a varsity starter since his freshman year at Providence Catholic and Vaughn Jr. just carried his game over the Rice this fall. Vaughn Jr'. overall production is impressive....he's an every down back who has improved his hands catching the football out of the backfield. Vaughn Jr. runs with good speed and impressive power and he's a player who will just consistently move the chains. I had Vaughn Jr. ranked as a low FBS to high FCS level player and I still feel this way. Vaughn Jr. is still available and hopefully will be able to find a school to call home. Vaughn Jr. has the game, the resume and the physical tools to become a very solid back at the FCS level.

Joliet Catholic Academy Hilltoppers

Top Underclassmen to Watch

2023 OL Anthony Birsa (6-foot-4, 265 pounds)-
Big, strong kid here who also moves pretty well. JCA is blessed with an abundance of underclassmen big linemen and what sets Birsa apart from others is his overall strength, impressive balance and feet plus he is far from being college ready physically and has room to continue to grow and develop in the next few seasons. No question a name to watch here.

2024 DL Dillan Johnson (6-foot-0, 265 pounds)-
2023 FB Ryan Louthan (5-foot-10, 195 pounds)
2023 RB Justin Bonsu (6-foot-1, 190 pounds)
2023 DL Jeremy Johnson (6-foot-1, 190 pounds)
2023 DL Hunter Powell (6-foot-0, 235 pounds)
2023 LB Bryant Weston (6-foot-0, 200 pounds)

Senior Eye Opener

QB Aidan Voss-
Voss has really made impressive strides in his overall game over the past handful of seasons. Voss's ability to create plays outside of the pocket along with running/managing the JCA shell/option game has been a key this season. Voss also has increased his overall arm strength and accuracy both inside and outside of the pocket this fall. In my mind Aidan Voss remains the one of the real wild cards opposing defenses will need to be well aware heading into the post-season.

LB/TE Robbie Purchase- Suffered an injury in the second half of this win over Brother Rice and hopefully he will be back this season. Purchase has been one of a handful of keys defensively for JCA over the past handful of seasons. Purchase is a heavy hitter and a terrific finisher along with being a veteran leader.

RB Vinny Iannatone- Iannatone has been the go to back all season long as Jordan Anderson has dealt with injuries at times this fall. Iannatone's overall game is very underrated on several levels. Iaantone is a hard nosed runner with good speed, vision and he can and will also run with power. I was also impressed with his overall ability to break away from initial contact while having enough speed to get to the second gear downfield.

RB Jordan Anderson and S Malachi Hood- Both Illinois commits no question have lived up to and surpassed my own expectations I had for them this fall. Anderson continues to make myself and many other wonder if he will indeed end up as a big back for the Illini next fall. Anderson's play here was exceptional from his overall power, quick feet, change of direction and his fluid almost gliding running style is just highly impressive. Hood is a high level athlete who can and will play any number of positions. Hood continues to add more good weight and size yet he's also been able to maintain and even improve his overall speed and burst.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News