New: My Take West Suburban Showcase Glenbard South Part 1

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Part 1 My Take: West Suburban Showcase @ Naperville North

Glenbard South

DL Saif Kokozska 2025
- Saif has been a camp regular since his sophomore season so I've seen him a ton. Saif is finally starting to add more good weight and muscle (6-foot-3, 240 pounds) and he has a terrific motor and might be one of the kids who wants to play in college the most in this class. One day camps will be huge this summer for Saif and I can see him at the FCS/D2 level.

TE/WR/OLB Joey Villa 2025- Another good sized athlete here (6-foot-4, 190 pounds) who has some potential at the next level. Still a bit of a tweener positionally in my mind but summer on3 day camps will no question determine his positional path.

RB Taiwain Davis 2025- Speedy, somewhat twitchy athlete who showed good speed , stop/start ability and looked pretty explosive in positional drill work as well. A name to watch here for sure in 2024.

OL Josh Schwendeman 2026- Another really impressive underclassmen name here who still has a ton of growth and development ahead. Listed at 6-foot-6, 245 pounds and played last season at 205 pounds...Josh has a big frame, broad shoulders and will no question be able to add and handle another 40-50 plus pounds and play as a OT at the high college level. Has good feet, balance and is very fluid yet is still very much a work in progress. Huge upside here in my opinion.

Downers Grove North

TE/LB Joe Edwards 2025
WR Charlie Cruse 2025

RB/LB Jack Gregorio 2025
QB Owen Lansu 2026
OL Anthony Bertachi 2026

For more on these players Visit the 2024 Silver Showcase Breakdown

WR/DB Oliver Thulin 2026 Played well in 2023 and had a much bigger role than I expected. Thulin is a multi sport athlete who has good overall tools, quickness and speed. I was also impressed with his hads, body control and fearlessness last season making the toiugh catches over the middle look routine.

OL/DL Aiden Solecki 2026 Another big body young OL/DL for the Trojans here. Solecki is listed as an OL/DL and I can see him developing into a possible rush end down the line. Still needs to add much more weight/strength but he has the frame and build to handle much more weight.

Downers Grove South

WR/DB Coen Goddenschwager 2025

DL/TE James Pieropulos 2025
QB Dominic West 2025

For more on these players visit the 2024 Silver Showcase Breakdown

WR/DB Keon Maggitt 2025- Good size and length here....also runs well and was just very solid in positional work as well as in limited one on one reps. Summer camp circuit could bring Keon Maggtt more looks/attention.

RB/DB Kayden Smith 2025 Listed at 5-foot-9, 175 pounds and looks the part of a speedy and hard running tailback. Showed pretty good spee, change of direction and explosiveness while also having pretty good strength. Also loved his competitiveness here.

Glenbard East

RB Teryn Hatter 2025
- Impressive looking athlete here. Listed at 5-foot-11, 195 pounds and looks the part and passes the eye ball test in person no question.

WR Amonte Cook 2025 Lighting quick speedy slot type back here. Is compact built, has very good strength and change of direction and he will be a ton to handle and corral in the open field no question. Looks a bit undersized listed at 5-foot-7, 160 pounds but his speed and burst and wiggle will be tempting for schools to take a chance on next fall.

Look for the remaining teams in Part 3

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News