ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Bolingbrook 2025 QB Jonas Williams has spring/summer plans

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Bolingbrook (Ill.) 2026 dual threat quarterback recruit Jonas Williams (6-foot-3, 180 pounds) checked in and updated me late last week on his upcoming spring and summer plans along with his latest recruiting news.

"My latest offer came from Michigan and that was really exciting," Williams said. "I'm pretty much done now with my spring visits and a lot of the college coaches have reached out to my head coach (Titcus Pettigrew) and will be making in school visits starting in a week or so to watch me throw in person. I'm also going to take part in the Under Armour camp soon in Kansas City."

Williams has also spent this spring training and getting ready for the spring. summer then his 2023 sophomore season for Bolingbrook.

"I'm still going to Throw It Deep pretty regularly on Saturday's along with throwing during the week with my receivers at school."

Williams also previewed his upcoming 2023 sophomore season and what we can expect from him this coming season.

"Next season I'm going to have much more of a running threat in my game compared top last year. I'm working on my overall speed and I want to be just a much more mobile quarterback. I've ben also working hard in the weight room and getting bigger and stronger. I will also have much better chemistry with my receivers compared to last year."

Williams is also enjoying his first season of playing 7on7 for Boom Midwest this spring.

"Boom has been a lot of fun and it's definitely a different game but I'm still having fun and enjoying it. I'm definitely glad I decided to play 7on7."

So how has Williams been able to manage the increased pressures of being one of the top sought after quarterback names in the Class of 2026?

"I basically will shut off social media and just get away from it all from time to time. I really enjoy just going to work out, putting on my headphone and just6 turning everything out. That's my way of dealing with all of it but it' also a blessing to be able to have the offers and attention I've received."

Jonas Williams has multiple scholarship offers.

EDGY's Take on Jonas Williams: Jonas Williams had an eye opening 2022 freshman season starting for the Raiders and has become one of the most sought after names in the Class of 2026. Williams already has several Power 5 offers and I fully expect more and more to follow once the college coaches begin arriving at Bolingbrook over the next week or two. I see Williams becoming a highly ranked name (I see Jonas Williams as a mid to high 4 star ranking to start) in the Class of 2026 and for Williams to develop into a Power 5 level name. Also of note....with the recent coaching change at Bolingbrook I've seen/heard a lot of speculation on whether Williams will remain at Bolingbrook or if he will wind up eventually at another school. I've talked to Jonas multiple times since last summer and he's more than aware of the talk of transfer....but as of now I feel he's still on board with Bolingbrook. Can that change? No question and I feel Williams could be a target for say an IMG Academy type of option for him....here is hoping Jonas Williams will continue to allow us all to enjoy watching his development for the next three seasons.

• Love
Reactions: crusader_of_90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News