ADVERTISEMENT

The Weekend?

LTHSALUM76

Aug 27, 2014
I am wondering how the weekend went for everyone. We had about as good a weekend as we can at this time. My wife and I were able to get out to Menards to get some items for a project we are doing. Yesterday afternoon was nice in these parts so we were able to sit outside in the sun and enjoy. We did find some gloves and disinfectant cleaners there.

In our local travels we did see some signs of normalcy as there were a ton of people out walking, running etc. Lots of people out in the neighborhood too. It was good just get some movement. Other than only going straight to work and home, yesterday was the first time my wife has been outside to a store since February. I have made all the runs. Store, gas, post office, etc.

I hope everyone here is doing well and looking forward as much as I am to getting back to a more normal life and watching the games we love so much.

Reactions: Bowie50
On Saturday, I met an industry colleague in the Bolingbrook White Castle parking lot where we did a cash exchange for ammo and a gallon-and-half of hand sanitizer, which I then took to my office by O'Hare.

I ate seven from my Crave Case by the time I go there ... and a total of 10 before getting back to Irving Park to complete the circuit.

None remain, obviously.

I drove up to Platteville to move my kid out of the dorm Saturday. It was sunny and 60 up there and I was never happier spending 6 hours in my car.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
On Saturday, I met an industry colleague in the Bolingbrook White Castle parking lot where we did a cash exchange for ammo and a gallon-and-half of hand sanitizer, which I then took to my office by O'Hare.

I ate seven from my Crave Case by the time I go there ... and a total of 10 before getting back to Irving Park to complete the circuit.

None remain, obviously.
How many washroom stops?

Reactions: Bowie50

None remain, obviously.

You bought your "ammo" in a parking lot?

No wonder this country is in deep trouble.

Meaning, that is who I bought the ammo from. Not saying MC63 was an officer.
Oh OK, I got it. I would be shocked if he was. Definitely doesn't have the stuff.

And doing that was your business. Of course, he felt like he had to make it his business. I don't have a problem with it.

Oh OK, I got it. I would be shocked if he was. Definitely doesn't have the stuff.

And doing that was your business. Of course, he felt like he had to make it his business. I don't have a problem with it.

You don't have a problem with the law being broken?

You don't have a problem with the law being broken?
I do have a problem when laws are broken. I also have a problem with your constant misinformation and jumping to conclusions before you know any facts. I'd ask you to stop talking regarding things you know nothing about. But if you did, you would be silent.

There was no law broken. I am. FOID card carrying citizen and he is a federally licensed gun broker. And a former ranger officer - he taught police firearm courses. He taught me too.

We made a legal transaction, receipt and all.

It's very distressing to learn that ammunition can be openly, and, apparently, legally sold in parking lots of fast food franchises.

No wonder our society is so violent.

I'll stop my participation, here, now before it gets political.

It's very distressing to learn that ammunition can be openly, and, apparently, legally sold in parking lots of fast food franchises.

I'll stop my participation, here, now before it gets political.
Are you comparing these guys to criminals? You already did get political. Why don't you just stop your participation altogether?

Why don't you stop poking a stick into the lion's cage? Are you auditioning for a role as the new Tiger King?

Why don't you stop poking your stick into the lion's cage?
I'd hardly call him a lion. He's more like a complaining, crab-assed, whining sloth.
I don't need him to lecture me about violence in this country. And I asked him a legitimate question. Is he comparing the two guys involved in the transaction to criminals?

Last edited:

Wrong again, quiz kid. Legal transactions are not the reason we have violence in this country. We have violence because we have a lack of values and regard for human life in some people in this country. Put the blame where it belongs.

Why don't you stop poking a stick into the lion's cage? Are you auditioning for a role as the new Tiger King?
Right. And this is the phony who implores people not to make things political on this website.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Right. And this is the phony who implores people not to make things political on this website.
Show me where I went political here. As a matter of fact, show me where I went political after asking everyone to cool it. You won't find it because I never did.

Last edited:
Show me where I went political here. As a matter of fact, show me where I went political after asking everyone to cool it. You won't find it because I never did.

Don't be coy. You know very well that practically everything today is political -- even a decision to reopen schools or start the season.

Regarding your question ... who gives you the right to pester me with your gotcha questions? There all designed to give you the opportunity for a cheap shot regardless of the answer. Just because you enjoy giving thousand word comments doesn't mean that any of them make sense.

You know how I feel.

I don't want to encourage Tim to boot me from the board, so I'll let you blether to yourself

Don't be coy. You know very well that practically everything today is political -- even a decision to reopen schools or start the season.

Regarding your question ... who gives you the right to pester me with your gotcha questions? There all designed to give you the opportunity for a cheap shot regardless of the answer. Just because you enjoy giving thousand word comments doesn't mean that any of them make sense.

You know how I feel.

I don't want to encourage Tim to boot me from the board, so I'll let you blether to yourself
You won't answer the question because you know you're in a box. And who gives you the right to question those guys and a legal transaction? Hmmm? It is none of your business.

If you think everything today is political that's your opinion. An opinion. Just because you say so doesn't make it true.

I'd hardly call him a lion. He's more like a complaining, crab-assed, whining sloth.

The guy is close to 75, which gives him the right to be a little cranky. He's also a veteran and a retired cop, both deserving of your respect. You should apologize and then move on. Permanently.

Reactions: pjjp
The guy is close to 75, which gives him the right to be a little cranky. He's also a veteran and a retired cop, both deserving of your respect. You should apologize and then move on. Permanently.

Thanks for the kind words. You got two out of three correct.

I have never been a police officer. While in the service, I underwent training for potential riot duty in a mid-size city, but that's as close to anything police-like that I've ever gotten.

I hope all of you live at least as long as I have, and I hope you stand up for what you believe in.

Thanks for the kind words. You got two out of three correct.

I have never been a police officer. While in the service, I underwent training for potential riot duty in a mid-size city, but that's as close to anything police-like that I've ever gotten.

I hope all of you live at least as long as I have, and I hope you stand up for what you believe in.
Although I rarely agree with you on any off-topic stuff and I know we would argue if we ever met in person, I enjoys having you around. So hang on for another 25 years, when you can start every post with "Oh you thought I was a little cranky back in 2020". :D

Reactions: Gene K. and MC63
Although I rarely agree with you on any off-topic stuff and I know we would argue if we ever met in person, I enjoys having you around. So hang on for another 25 years, when you can start every post with "Oh you thought I was a little cranky back in 2020". :D

Thanks, Kevin, but will you be able to appreciate my elevated crankiness in 2045?

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
MC63 & LTHS some how you guys went sideways and got on each other’s nerves. I bet if you guys met in person you would get along. I find myself thinking this way when someone pisses me off with a dumb remark but then I stop and think if I met that guy I bet we would get along.

It’s easy to type a sarcastic thread but if you were sitting in front of the person you wouldn’t act that way.

I have to admit your posts are funny to read but I would hate to see either of you guys getting the Edgy launch.

Just my two cents.

Stay safe guys.

I find it hard to believe he was a cop. And NO, being 75 doesn't give anyone the right to be cranky or an a-hole. My dad is 87 and is in far better spirits that that guy. I have an Uncle who is 82 and has had several back surgeries and really moves slow now. My Aunt tells me he has been in a lot of pain over the past several years but is still very upbeat and smiles and jokes about things.

I have watched four family members die from cancer who were in far better spirits and had far better attitudes. We have a poster right here who has been is some very bad health. When I read his posts they are upbeat. He isn't letting it get him down here.

You might not realize it, but you are making this guy out to be some kind of victim. All you are doing is encouraging him to continue to have a sh*tty attitude and to be a crabass. Almost everything negative coming his way is of his own doing. If you want to blame people for his attitude you might be better served to tell him to look in the mirror to get a reflection of where his poor attitude and crankiness is coming from.

Look at his posts, even when he isn't answering me. We are talking baseball and some of the changes that might happen this season in another thread. He comes in and says he would like to see some baseball and is excited. Then he says "and no Hawk Harrelson." This is my point. He can't just comment on what he thinks of the changes. He has to take a personal shot at Harrelson, who hasn't called a game since 2018 and called few games then.

My goodness man, look in this very thread. I started this thread with an upbeat post asking everyone how their weekend went. Read the posts after mine...then read his. He couldn't even enter this thread without being a crabass. Then he made an allegation against the guy who posted which was incorrect. Did he apologize to that guy? Hell no.

Age doesn't make a person cranky. A terrible attitude does. And this guy has the worst attitude of anyone I have had to deal with in my entire life. So, you have this guy misdiagnosed. It isn't crankiness brought on by age, it's bitterness and a bad attitude.

Last edited:
MC63 & LTHS some how you guys went sideways and got on each other’s nerves. I bet if you guys met in person you would get along. I find myself thinking this way when someone pisses me off with a dumb remark but then I stop and think if I met that guy I bet we would get along.

It’s easy to type a sarcastic thread but if you were sitting in front of the person you wouldn’t act that way.

I have to admit your posts are funny to read but I would hate to see either of you guys getting the Edgy launch.

Just my two cents.

Stay safe guys.
Corey, you are always the calming voice. Perhaps you're right.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe he was a cop

You're right, he wasn't a cop. He corrected me. McCaravan is the ex-cop.

I too think that Corey's right. You and MC63 just don't like each other, at least not on this site. I don't think Tim will ban either of you, because you both have a large presence here. Both of you contribute a lot. And neither of you ever says anything that's really offensive or inflammatory. If you have enemies, it just means that you have a personality.

Last edited:
Corey, you are always the calming voice. Perhaps you're right.
I too think that Corey's right. You and MC63 just don't like each other, at least not on this site. I don't think Tim will ban either of you, because you both have a large presence here. Both of you contribute a lot. And neither of you ever says anything that's really offensive or inflammatory. If you have enemies, it just means that you have a personality.
NO NO NO, we are NOT doing any group hugs. :D

Carry on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT