ADVERTISEMENT

The thread I always like to look back on: Your prediction on your team.

I think JCA finds a way to get to 6-3. I really like our RB and QB and think the offense will mix things up a little more this season. I also think Sharp feels more comfortable running his offense when he has a QB that is durable and can move - I think we have that this season.

The numbers for a strong regular season don't seem to be there. I hope they can surprise me. I do think they have a superstar at RB and if they can get into the playoffs anything can happen. see providence.

I will raise you one and say 7-2.
Perhaps I am crazy, but I see them jelling early.
HilltopperNation appears somewhat blinded to numbers being down nearly everywhere; which is easy to do when benchmarks and expectations of the program are high.
K Johnson is not ready to be a full-load workhorse and Sharp knows that.
Dan's coaching is better when he has to divide the load.
I have all of the confidence in the world that Jaws will develop his side of the ball.

People had them missing playoffs in 13 and they went 8-1. First game is key at Cheesehead

Not trying to go to far off subject here but how good do you think JCA would be if they didn't have the large Joliet community to pull talent from? Would their program be popular enough to get people to transfer in?

Reactions: NNFAN
I'm gonna say 9-7. Lot of newcomers to the defense this year, but looking like a strong unit. Still a big fan of the DC.

Returning QB and WR playmaker while the RB saw some action as an underclassmen. Will be interesting to see how White fits in having missed his entire freshman year due to injury.

I'm gonna say 9-7. Lot of newcomers to the defense this year, but looking like a strong unit. Still a big fan of the DC.

Returning QB and WR playmaker while the RB saw some action as an underclassmen. Will be interesting to see how White fits in having missed his entire freshman year due to injury.

Ok. Going way way out on a limb and saying lhs wildcats 6-3. Losing 18, yes 18 starters from last year's state finalists. Good foundation on DL and Ol. We will see about the rest. Batavia week 2 will be the key to it all.

Going way way out on a limb. Saying lhs wildcats 6-3. Replacing 18, yes that's 18, starters from last years state finalist team. Solid DL and Ol. The rest we will have to see.
Hood senior and junior class records. Not as much scoring without Lees & company, but a different kind of team. Hope to make the post season. Batavia week 2 is the key!

Regarding GW, I have them 9-0 again this season, after tough games at Bollingbrook and OBRF. I am also assuming the Hinsdale South lost a lot to graduation last year (this year is a test of coaching at HS and if they can get to 7 wins after losing so much, a new power in Illinois HS football is confirmed). A heads up re: GW, last season, I watched most of their freshmen and sophomore games. The kids coming up are as good or better than anything I've seen there. A great senior class will be replaced by great junior/sophomore classes. Of course they are kids so just about anything can happen, but the pieces are there for an above average offense (average offenses at GW gets them to quarter finals or more), and the defense could be the best in school history. For game 1, I'll be watching the offensive line play, QB, and the kicking game. If those 3 areas are good, itll be a fun season.

Regarding GW, I have them 9-0 again this season, after tough games at Bollingbrook and OBRF. I am also assuming the Hinsdale South lost a lot to graduation last year (this year is a test of coaching at HS and if they can get to 7 wins after losing so much, a new power in Illinois HS football is confirmed). A heads up re: GW, last season, I watched most of their freshmen and sophomore games. The kids coming up are as good or better than anything I've seen there. A great senior class will be replaced by great junior/sophomore classes. Of course they are kids so just about anything can happen, but the pieces are there for an above average offense (average offenses at GW gets them to quarter finals or more), and the defense could be the best in school history. For game 1, I'll be watching the offensive line play, QB, and the kicking game. If those 3 areas are good, itll be a fun season.

The OL is going to be tested.

Reactions: capnbillhitters
Not trying to go to far off subject here but how good do you think JCA would be if they didn't have the large Joliet community to pull talent from? Would their program be popular enough to get people to transfer in?
Yes!!! They would be far better if they didn't have the large Joliet area to pull talent from. Thousands of kids from around the state and midwest are on a waiting list to enter JCA, but those Joliet area kids are taking up all the spots. Most are far superior football players than the Joliet students, but the school has a rule admitting Joliet kids first. If the school relocated to Beardstown, IL , the influx of transfers would be mind boggling, and they would be the most popular team ever. School officials have discussed the potential move to Beardstown (called the Joliet Catholic Reparations Relocation Movement- JCRRM), but it all depends on how much money alum (Mike Hunt '83) ultimately donates to the school.

Last edited:

Well, they always seem to have trouble with the first game of the season, but they don't schedule soft..The opening games the last six seasons were home and away series with Montini, Libertyville, and (currently) Stevenson.

Plus they have New Trier and Barrington on the schedule. Palatine has beaten Barrington 5 of the last 6 years, the last two years handing them their only regular season loss, so they'll be gunning for the Pirates. Plus they have a Jr QB who's realllly good(assuming they start him over Babich at QB).

Trap game would be Hoffman Estates. Palatine plays them week 5 and due to easy early schedule HE is likely to come into the game at 4-0 and sky high.
Palatine has only lost to Barrington twice in last 10 meetings if I'm not mistaken. Both years were down years for Palatine (2-7, 4-5)

Reactions: kpjasion
Capn,

You should be more worried about what Mallory and company are going to do to your RB and QB

I love it! Sounds like Bones is ready to give the 1.5 point and take his boys for a week 1 W.

I am more worried about that 240 lb sledgehammer carrying the ball for Brook.
I love it! Sounds like Bones is ready to give the 1.5 point and take his boys for a week 1 W.

capn...i think there might be a different offensive weapon to be worried. I think the brook will be a little more diversified this year.

capn...i think there might be a different offensive weapon to be worried. I think the brook will be a little more diversified this year.

I like their inside outside tandem and am sure new OC will bring a new game plan. Trust me I respect their D as well. I started off this offseason by saying Brook -1.5. I also said in the "predict your record" thread that we would likely lose to Brook. I am very bullish on Brook but wonder why all their best teams seem to start 0-1 these last 5-6 years. We only played them for the first time last year and the sloppy track made it very hard to get a read on either team. With the Friday fast track this year, Brook's speed will be a major factor. GW comes into week 1 with full respect and a few question marks. A lot will be answered week 1

I like their inside outside tandem and am sure new OC will bring a new game plan. Trust me I respect their D as well. I started off this offseason by saying Brook -1.5. I also said in the "predict your record" thread that we would likely lose to Brook. I am very bullish on Brook but wonder why all their best teams seem to start 0-1 these last 5-6 years. We only played them for the first time last year and the sloppy track made it very hard to get a read on either team. With the Friday fast track this year, Brook's speed will be a major factor. GW comes into week 1 with full respect and a few question marks. A lot will be answered week 1

I can't wait for this one. I'll be there in a suit. Also will be nice to say hello to a fellow hilltopper.

WHOA!!

I just think the OL will be tested by Mallory & Green-May off the edge. Hopefully the other DL are also what we are accustomed to. The offense is the offense...

Last edited:
I'll go 6-3 for Aurora Christian...

Aurora Central Catholic - win
Chicago Marshall - win
Brother Rice - loss
DeLaSalle - loss
@ DePaul Prep - win
Bishop Mac - win
@ Iggy - win
St. Larry - loss
@ St. Joe - win

In Class 3A playoffs, I see a quarter-final appearance.
In 2017 they win State.

Yes!!! They would be far better if they didn't have the large Joliet area to pull talent from. Thousands of kids from around the state and midwest are on a waiting list to enter JCA, but those Joliet area kids are taking up all the spots. Most are far superior football players than the Joliet students, but the school has a rule admitting Joliet kids first. If the school relocated to Beardstown, IL , the influx of transfers would be mind boggling, and they would be the most popular team ever. School officials have discussed the potential move to Beardstown (called the Joliet Catholic Reparations Relocation Movement- JCRRM), but it all depends on how much money alum (Mike Hunt '83) ultimately donates to the school.
JCA has a rule on letting Joliet kids in first? I didn't think they would do anything to cap enrollment. Hmm...interesting and hard to believe they would do that. I also didn't think they would have a lot of transfers because of the offence they run. Interesting!

JCA has a rule on letting Joliet kids in first? I didn't think they would do anything to cap enrollment. Hmm...interesting and hard to believe they would do that. I also didn't think they would have a lot of transfers because of the offence they run. Interesting!
Irish Glory... is that you??? Yes... Joliet kids first as long as they are transgender. This gives JCA a competitive advantage because they can use the other team's bathroom, thus having access to their playbook. Joliet Transgender Education Act of 2015 (JTEA), sponsored by Bernie Sanders- provides free education for shemales of all races and ethnicities.

Irish Glory... is that you??? Yes... Joliet kids first as long as they are transgender. This gives JCA a competitive advantage because they can use the other team's bathroom, thus having access to their playbook. Joliet Transgender Education Act of 2015 (JTEA), sponsored by Bernie Sanders- provides free education for shemales of all races and ethnicities.
No I am not Irish Glory and I was just asking an honest question! I was trying to see if they were in a less populated area where the talent pool wasn't as big if they would be as good as a program that they are. In my opinion I don't think they would be. I was just looking for an honest answer not trying to stir things up.

No I am not Irish Glory and I was just asking an honest question! I was trying to see if they were in a less populated area where the talent pool wasn't as big if they would be as good as a program that they are. In my opinion I don't think they would be. I was just looking for an honest answer not trying to stir things up.
Just having some fun... I agree with you... less successful without the large metro area. I think Joliet is now the 2nd largest city in Illinois. Providence definitely takes away some talent.

OPRF.....we shall see! Seen both of these teams as pups, a lot of talent on the field.

Guerin

Well its really hard to say! A lot of turnover from last year, some good, some bad.

Not many upperclassmen left, but we have two really good seniors in John Szczygiel and Julio Roldan. Those two will be extremely crucial to any success the team has, both have D3 potential in my honest opinion.

Numbers are gonna be the giant question, can they find the depth to be in games for 4 quarters? If they can they should compete with some teams. They got games they can win, but others where it will definitely be an uphill battle! I think they beat Sullivan & Walther, but much else will be gravy. As long as these kids are on the field this fall its a successful season after what this program has gone through.

Go Gators! (Yes I know they're not the Gators anymore, but I dont care)

Just having some fun... I agree with you... less successful without the large metro area. I think Joliet is now the 2nd largest city in Illinois. Providence definitely takes away some talent.

but you can't forget they have to compete for kids from PC, which is 13 minutes away. Two schools, 23 titles....13 minutes...

so i ask, how good would JCA be if PC was not 13 minutes away...damn PC and their green uniforms.

but you can't forget they have to compete for kids from PC, which is 13 minutes away. Two schools, 23 titles....13 minutes...

so i ask, how good would JCA be if PC was not 13 minutes away...damn PC and their green uniforms.

might have even more if Wilmington,Coal City and Morris weren't so successful over the years too.

this is why PC-JC should play every year. Just as Rice-Marist 2 miles apart should play every year.

might have even more if Wilmington,Coal City and Morris weren't so successful over the years too.

exactly, it's out of line to suggest that because JCA etc is in big city, there is some thing sort of advantageous about it...in a vacuum. You also have to consider that within that bubble, they compete for students against a number of the state's best programs - bar none.

I do on other hand, believe that circumference density is a reason that the multiplier is such a stupid and arbitrary rule. Every private school gets multiplied by the same number based on the fact that they can draw kids into their school from the same circumference distance. however, that completely overlooks the fact that not every circumference distance contains the same amount of high school eligible students - sometimes not by a long shot.

next off season i'll get back to this....

Dean,

I'm gonna get some hate thrown in my direction probably, but I think Naz-Montini should be an annual thing too.
i agree it would be fun. it's been a decade that i can remember people talking about them meeting in the playoffs its never happened, two years ago Naz falls into 6A last year MCHS gets SF up to 6a and naz is in 5A, maybe this is the year?

I'm gonna get some hate thrown in my direction probably, but I think Naz-Montini should be an annual thing too.

Agreed, but based on the non-con schedule Naz likes to roll with, this ain't gonna happen...

Agreed, but based on the non-con schedule Naz likes to roll with, this ain't gonna happen...

IMO, the fact these two don't do all they can to play...or haven't, is really a maddening fact. JC looks to ensure it gets PC or MC on the schedule as often as possible. it doesn't always work out, but it always turns up its head.

This game needs to happen before both hit an inevitable dry spell.

IMO, the fact these two don't do all they can to play...or haven't, is really a maddening fact. JC looks to ensure it gets PC or MC on the schedule as often as possible. it doesn't always work out, but it always turns up its head.

This game needs to happen before both hit an inevitable dry spell.

Wish it could happen. All Racki needs to do is pick up the phone. Coach A will play anybody.

Its kind of like GBW and GBN actively avoiding each other.

We only get one open game a year with 6 being conf and 2 being WS crossovers, so we replaced WWS with Brook. Not sure how we actively avoid GBN. If GBN was in WSG, we would get them home and home every 4 cycles, but now that DVC is so full, it will likely never happen.

Of course I am pretty sure we have not yet committed to 2017/18 home and home for week 1 yet, so maybe GBN is being lined up.

We only get one open game a year with 6 being conf and 2 being WS crossovers, so we replaced WWS with Brook. Not sure how we actively avoid GBN. If GBN was in WSG, we would get them home and home every 4 cycles, but now that DVC is so full, it will likely never happen.

Of course I am pretty sure we have not yet committed to 2017/18 home and home for week 1 yet, so maybe GBN is being lined up.

There has had to have been a time when both schools were powerful and had that week 1 open. Just has to.

Personally i think the WSC needs to add 2 schools and stop thr crossovers and add another non conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT