ADVERTISEMENT

The “best” of the “best”

ska549

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2021
Hey all, POPS here. I’ve written a couple replies but wanted to more directly put myself out there, into the “line of fire” so to speak. I’m excited (truly) for another fantastic season of Friday Night Lights, IHSA style… before I talk trash,😉, legitimately want to wish everyone and your respective teams good luck this year. A safe, fun, competitive year and especially for all the OTHER “pops” out there with your sons on the field. I’ve said it before it really is a cool feeling to see our boys out there competing and having fun. And my guess is, MOST of our kids are BETTER than us chumps weare back in th day, haha.. (don’t worry we’ll always have “old man strength”). Anyway that’s all for now, except to proclaim Neuqua Valley the best of the best certainly in 8A and probably in the state. More than likely, a 14-0 season capped with their first 8A crown and a super stoked POPS (not cuz my son won a state title, just cuz my predictions were right and I can tell everyone where to stick it🤪🤪🤪)

bye for now! Excited to have to defend myself…😂😂😂

Fun post POPS, hope all your wishes come true. It has been years since my two youngest played, but I still get excited about HS football and enjoy it vastly more than college or pro.

Reactions: Gene K. and ska549
LOVE it! And you have every right to be that peacocking dad when the kid can ball!! Just an awesome kid from what I can tell.
Thanks man, not fishing for compliments ever, but if someone tells me my kids are “awesome kids” that’s what matters more than athletic ability, ya know? Just hope I’ve raised good humans-and you sir, appear to be just that yourself! Cheers!!😄😄😄😄

This reminds me of the time the board was cited as extra motivation for Simeon to beat MC in week 1 at Soldier Field. But I like it. Not necessarily something I would do, but different strokes for different folks.

Hope to catch a NV game this season.

This reminds me of the time the board was cited as extra motivation for Simeon to beat MC in week 1 at Soldier Field. But I like it. Not necessarily something I would do, but different strokes for different folks.

Hope to catch a NV game this season.
Appreciate the feedback good sir, and if I may… I do not know the details of that incident, but in defense of my post (if necessary?) I truly was looking to just have some fun and my “prediction” is very cleary “sarcastic” (or is it?🤪)… regardless, I am not nor ever would call out a team or individual or make anything specific, intentional, or disrespectful. BELIEVE me, I’ve been a witness to some social media incidents that actually shock me-and I’m fairly confident that this is a good natured post. I mean legit it’s a great point because ANYTHING can be used as “locker room material” no doubt!!! So I’m gonna go ahead and say I’d be “proud” of myself if I actually prove to be THAT relevant! And anyone ANYONE who takes ME that seriously needs to chill, and meet me-because I’m literally almost NEVER serious haha!!!! Thanks for this response I love it bro! Look me up if you come to a NV game for sure!!!

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT