ADVERTISEMENT

Testing Numbers 2018- Predictions

Godfthr

Didn’t mean not fair to reject the admission, but rather, wouldn’t be fair to use the kids name in calling out who was not admitted. Damn antecedents will get me in trouble every time.

I don't disagree with it at all either. As a graduate I don't want Naz to lower their standards for athletes.

Godfthr

Didn’t mean not fair to reject the admission, but rather, wouldn’t be fair to use the kids name in calling out who was not admitted. Damn antecedents will get me in trouble every time.
I knew what you were saying. I'm just stating my opinion on agreeing with not lowering standards.

Reactions: jwarigaku
Joliet Diocese numbers
JCA 195
Benet 428
BIshop Mac 80
IC 113
Montini 140
Provy 217
St Francis 191

Without knowing previous years here are a few if my thoughts.

JC seems to be a bump but I dont know if I expected more.

Wow to benet. They always that high? How many spots do they have?

Montini seems low but maybe they're always around that number. Dont know but 140 seems a tad low to me.

PC in trouble. That said, it was inevitable with the McGrath situation and them being worse than 2 or 3 of the LW publics in football now. Dont know it was even possible for then to do better than that given the negatives surrounding them now. I anticipate that will all fade and they'll be back to close to 300 in a few years.

Reactions: Gene K.
Without knowing previous years here are a few if my thoughts.

JC seems to be a bump but I dont know if I expected more.

Wow to benet. They always that high? How many spots do they have?

Montini seems low but maybe they're always around that number. Dont know but 140 seems a tad low to me.

PC in trouble. That said, it was inevitable with the McGrath situation and them being worse than 2 or 3 of the LW publics in football now. Dont know it was even possible for then to do better than that given the negatives surrounding them now. I anticipate that will all fade and they'll be back to close to 300 in a few years.

Benet down 60 from last year. Still a big number, athough I'm pretty sure they still turn a fair amount of kids away.

Last edited:
Benet down 60 from last year. Still a big number. Although I'm pretty sure they still turn a fair amount of kids away.

Benet number is small - turning down less than 100 this year. Hope there is some football players in there - more girls went out for volleyball than boys for football in last year’s freshmen class.

StL published 330, 190 boys
DtdF2HbWoAACT2q

1st off Krock the House is a moron...typical know it all Rice guy

MC 224
Rita 185
BR 258
DLS ACTUALLY TESTED 394 (198 Boys and 196 Girls) and all numbers are truthful.
Rice up about 70 and Rita down about 70 from a year ago.

And for people to think that Rice has close to 97% of people who test and then enroll, you are a complete moron
great insight
you brought absolutely nothing to the table.

great insight
you brought absolutely nothing to the table.
Now Krock you can "krock the boat" some. However overall from Rice alum perspective, you have to be pleased with the results. Rice has a couple of retest makeups. They traditionally get a couple of kids transfer their tests (and visa versa) and they get a couple of Iggy rejections that are very solid students. I would expect a starting class of 190 perhaps as high as 200. In this day and age getting 190-200 young men enrolled is good thing.

I hear ya but yes many truths along with heart felt opinions
Extremely proud and happy for BR and the guys behind it all. The sacrifices that they and their families endure for the betterment of BR.

Benet number is small - turning down less than 100 this year. Hope there is some football players in there - more girls went out for volleyball than boys for football in last year’s freshmen class.

That's brutal.

I'm pretty sure the private schools play each other pretty regularly. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, but not a playoff of only apples. And let the oranges play the oranges in the playoffs. How much of a multiplier would turn an orange into an apple?

Now Krock you can "krock the boat" some. However overall from Rice alum perspective, you have to be pleased with the results. Rice has a couple of retest makeups. They traditionally get a couple of kids transfer their tests (and visa versa) and they get a couple of Iggy rejections that are very solid students. I would expect a starting class of 190 perhaps as high as 200. In this day and age getting 190-200 young men enrolled is good thing.
Really? After testing 260? I feel that number is a bit low. It's not like the kids we have testing are also applying to Payton or Young or Jones for the most part.....I thought we get a very high percentage of who tests to enroll.

StL will be the LA off the south side by 2025. They are on a mission and doing all the right stuff!
Maybe one year 2025. Do you think they would leap frog over MC, SR,BR and Marist on a regular basis? That would be tough. The odds are not on their side.

Is Rita looking at possibly 6A for 2019?
I don't think so. The freshmen in school are the second group of the selective enrollment. The first group had the best retention between freshmen and sophomore years in decades. I think with the re-testers they'll hit the target group. According to the IHSA numbers MC has 618 SR 575.
And congrats on a nice season by the way.

Maybe one year 2025. Do you think they would leap frog over MC, SR,BR and Marist on a regular basis? That would be tough. The odds are not on their side.
I worked with a father and son 20 years apart. Both were StL alums. They said their number one area for alumni is the Frankfort Il zip code. If they could get a few more legacies they could be right up their in football in a short period. Baseball wise they are already there.

Reactions: Gene K.
I don't think so. The freshmen in school are the second group of the selective enrollment. The first group had the best retention between freshmen and sophomore years in decades. I think with the re-testers they'll hit the target group. According to the IHSA numbers MC has 618 SR 575.
And congrats on a nice season by the way.
I wonder what the cutoff is for 6A is, I really thought MC might end up there this past season, our current senior class is very low, they might be at 125, lot of transfers and a lot of knuckleheads booted. I guess with the multiplier were good for awhile

Yes, but not a playoff of only apples. And let the oranges play the oranges in the playoffs. How much of a multiplier would turn an orange into an apple?

i dig you Bones but you are turning into HHS. Let it go.

I was told a number of years ago that JCA's target number is 800 for it's enrollment.
While 195 is still short of that, they are better off than they were a few years back.

i dig you Bones but you are turning into HHS. Let it go.
I understand that it is an uncomfortable question when attempting to operate under the assumption that the enrollments are the same. I am not HHS in that I don't care about recruiting, I don't care about 30 miles, I don't hold my position from the context of private schools dominating the class my school competes (or tries to compete) in. And I actually prefer private schools in the class my schools are in.

This is actually the reason for the animosity. Can't defeat the arguments so unleash the ad homs similar to jwar.

I am not HHS in that I don't care about recruiting,

You made the assumption I was talking about recruiting. I'm more inclined to lean that way because you are acting like a whiny bitch and bring up the same argument over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over.

Point: Just because you keep asking a question looking for a different response doesn't mean you are going to get one. You're better than that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT