ADVERTISEMENT

Swagger @ Barrington

Yes, and back in 2017, Barrington beat MS handily in the regular season with their all state QB. Then said All state QB (Niro) was injured for the playoff game, which MS won a hard fought game and went on to win the title. That one still hurts.

I agree that MS fitting gaps is excellent. Will this give the Broncos trouble? You could be right. But a 3 score victory prediction will not happen. I think it will be hard fought. Pork Chop alone is worth a score. MS is already down 7-0 before game starts.
I’ll bet you a Superdawg vs your pork chop! 😆

Reactions: alpha08
I think we see Maine South finally miss Bliss. That deep playoff experience that carried the Hawks O for years isn’t there. I like Barrington in a close one.

Reactions: big daddy looch
I think we see Maine South finally miss Bliss. That deep playoff experience that carried the Hawks O for years isn’t there. I like Barrington in a close one.
MS will always miss Coach Bliss! I can tell you though that Coach Healy has come into his own and the offense has made a giant leap in the playoffs. It should be a great game.

Some food for thought, Barrington has never won a quarterfinal game under Sanchez (0-6)
Barrington does have Brian Stortz on staff now. Would like to know his quarterfinal record as a head coach. These two team are really clones of each-other. Key for Barrington will be getting MS into 3rd and Long situations. If they can win early downs, they are going to have a great chance of winning this game. Key for MS will be getting pressure on Barrington's QB. I haven't seen him on the ground back back there all season. How good will he be with pressure in his face. Should be a great high school football game.

Also agree it's dumb.

Sincerely,

One of the first users of this board
You also spent time not on the board and clearly missed it. I remember when you "came back" after leaving AZ and radio. In that time, the term was wildly prevalent.

Swagger is a thing on the board whether we enjoy the term or not, and an individual's disdain or lack of recall doesn't change that.

I think it's silly too, but doesn't change the existence.

Who cares if MS wants to use swagger. People seem to be irrationally upset about an all in good fun nickname for a teenage football team. Let them use it. Let’s hope both teams have no injuries and whoever loses, those seniors have no regrets about their effort in their last football game. And whoever wins, shocks the state against LWE.

Broncos by a million then victory parade in our parents Maseratis.

Barrington does have Brian Stortz on staff now. Would like to know his quarterfinal record as a head coach. These two team are really clones of each-other. Key for Barrington will be getting MS into 3rd and Long situations. If they can win early downs, they are going to have a great chance of winning this game. Key for MS will be getting pressure on Barrington's QB. I haven't seen him on the ground back back there all season. How good will he be with pressure in his face. Should be a great high school football game.
Stortz is 5-2 all time in the quarters. 5-0 at LZ and 0-2 at Rock Island. That’s as a head coach.

2006 - Beat Boylan
2007 - Beat Boylan
2009 - Beat Wheaton North
2010 - Beat Simeon
2011 - Beat Elk Grove

2012 - Lost to Ottawa
2016 - Lost to SHG

Some food for thought, Barrington has never won a quarterfinal game under Sanchez (0-6)
In Barrington, a quarterfinals win is very much the elephant in the room. Many hard fought games but couldn’t get it done. Hopefully it ends tomorrow!

In Barrington, a quarterfinals win is very much the elephant in the room. Many hard fought games but couldn’t get it done. Hopefully it ends tomorrow!
It's the same over at Fremd, and Donatucci hasn't gotten it done ever (even since he has been with Hersey).

Reactions: alpha08
It's the same over at Fremd, and Donatucci hasn't gotten it done ever (even since he has been with Hersey).
Yup. Does seem Donatucci elevated Fremd though. They are a bit of a sleeping giant in the MSL now without him. What happened? It's not like the talent went away.

Also interesting tidbit, Broncos and Maine South both had first round draft picks this year. Skoronski at number 11 and Van Ness at 13. Van Ness's brother is an edge rusher for Barrington, and is a monster. Not the size of his brother which is why he is not a full blown D1 prospect, but one hell of a high school player. He must be approaching 15 plus sacks. I believe he had 5 in the first round of the playoffs this year.

Wasn't Donatucci on the Hoffman Estates staff at least when they went to the semis in 2017? I know he stepped down as HC a year too soon, but thought he was still helping Heise?

I've been on here for 20 years and only see it from like two guys. I've been around the Maine South community, and have never heard anyone use that phrase.

Hitters for Glenbard West? Yup. Heard that. But not anything for Maine South.
It was used every week during the darkside rankings and its been pretty synonymous with MS on this board for a few decades.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Wasn't Donatucci on the Hoffman Estates staff at least when they went to the semis in 2017? I know he stepped down as HC a year too soon, but thought he was still helping Heise?
He was not on staff when they went to the semis. He was at hersey still.

Reactions: PowerI66
Yup. Does seem Donatucci elevated Fremd though. They are a bit of a sleeping giant in the MSL now without him. What happened? It's not like the talent went away.
The talent has definitely taken a sip in recent years, but they should have a big turnaround next season. I haven't been overly impressed with the coaching over the years though

Brian Stortz is the OC at Barrington and is one of the best coaches in the state. He knows how to win, with that said their defense is average, so I like Maine South in a high scoring game.

Reactions: ChiTown Chuggers
Brian Stortz is the OC at Barrington and is one of the best coaches in the state. He knows how to win, with that said their defense is average, so I like Maine South in a high scoring game.
Definitely has had a generally good record as a head coach with the exception of his time at Conant

Heard from good source Broncos will have former Barrington great Gary Fencik in the booth today with headset.

His comment was directed at some else.

I'm curious what's dumb about it? Having a little fun. Are the Hitters, Beast, Eastside, Hollywood also dumb?
Hitters is/was an official team name. The football team has been known as the Hitters for over 35 years.

Also tons of sports teams have nicknames. Monsters of the Midway? The U? Golden Domers?

Reactions: MS4EVER
Thought about this a bit more. I was sure when donatucci left that Hoffman would be back to the doldrums they were in for many years. I always knew Heyse could call plays, but he is a very good head coach. They also have a quality staff with a mix of young guys and veterans. @kpjasion they have PHS great Jovan Stricker on staff there.

Thought about this a bit more. I was sure when donatucci left that Hoffman would be back to the doldrums they were in for many years. I always knew Heyse could call plays, but he is a very good head coach. They also have a quality staff with a mix of young guys and veterans. @kpjasion they have PHS great Jovan Stricker on staff there.
Yeah. He's the Freshman 'A' head coach, and I think he coaches basketball there too. I've seen the last couple of freshman games, and was actually kinda surprised he was such a hothead on the sidelines :)P)

Swagger
images
Hank!

• Haha
Reactions: mchsalumni
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT