ADVERTISEMENT

Swagger @ Barrington

It was a fun game to watch but not a lot of defense. High passing offense by both sides.
I thought Barrington made some adjustments and played much better on defense in the second half. I think it won them the game.

I thought Barrington made some adjustments and played much better on defense in the second half. I think it won them the game.
I saw a couple of long passing TDs by MS in the 2nd half but yes the Broncos made a few defensive stops when they needed them.
The East/Barrington semifinal should be interesting.

Swagger
images
Did Swagger High School win?

I'll take Inserra and co. over Sanchez year after year. Oversimplification, but stop the run and you stop the Broncos.
Not to gloat but this could not have been more innacurate. Barrington QB threw for 500 yards and 5 touchdowns lol. Pretty sure he has 37 touchdowns to 3 interceptions on the year now. Their QB should be first team All State.

Not to gloat but this could not have been more innacurate. Barrington QB threw for 500 yards and 5 touchdowns lol. Pretty sure he has 37 touchdowns to 3 interceptions on the year now. Their QB should be first team All State.
Agree. Kid had tons of big plays as well. Long TDs.

Reactions: alpha08
He most definitely showed out. I believe I complemented him in another post in the thread. Did not expect MS coverage to be so poor either, and he sure took advantage of it.

Edit: not afraid to admit I was wrong, either. Gloat away!

Last edited:
Maine South football is known as one of the best in the state, winning 464 games and six state championships in program history, along with four runner-up finishes over the last 20 seasons.
And Barrington in football has now turned the corner getting past Maine South?

And Barrington in football has now turned the corner getting past Maine South?
In all fairness pretty sure Barrington has a winning record against Maine South the past 10 years or so. And certainly in the past 5 playoff matchups. In 2017 (I believe) Barrington handled Maine South in the regular season with their all State QB running all over them. Then said All State QB (Niro) was out for the playoff game and Maine South won a hard fought game and went on to win the title. The teams have faced off a lot the past 10-15 years. Here's to hoping Barrington can make deep runs a habit so they can get in the conversation with the MC, Loyola and Maine South's of the world. They certainly have the talent. 0-6 in the Quarterfinals under Sanchez and finally broke through. Nice win and one of the more fun games I have witnessed at the high school level. It was the best game in all of football this past weekend. Maine South team and fans were a class act.

Last edited:
I'm going to need verification on these statements. @MS4EVER ?
If it's not a winning record, it's even. It has been back and forth. Not putting Barrington in MS category, I mean they have 6 titles and Barrington has 0. I am just talking head to head matchups.

Edit: I did crunch the numbers and in the last 8 matchups going back to 2006, Barrington is 5-3 overall and 3-2 in the playoffs against Maine South. This is also Barrington's 3rd undefeated regular season since 2017. They are up there, but need to keep winning games like this to get the overall respect and to be put in the same category as the aformentioned programs. Hopefully they can earn that.

Last edited:
If it's not a winning record, it's even. It has been back and forth. Not putting Barrington in MS category, I mean they have 6 titles and Barrington has 0. I am just talking head to head matchups.

Edit: I did crunch the numbers and in the last 8 matchups going back to 2006, Barrington is 5-3 overall and 3-2 in the playoffs against Maine South. This is also Barrington's 3rd undefeated regular season since 2017. They are up there, but need to keep winning games like this to get the overall respect and to be put in the same category as the aformentioned programs. Hopefully they can earn that.
Barrington’s undefeated season ends this Saturday at the hands of Mr Beast and…
Mr-Beast-Deez-Nutz-60g-USA-TheCandyPlugUk-6790.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT