ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita 38 Prospect 21 Final

Prospect DE lining up perpendicular is the oddest thing I have ever seen from a quality program

Great win for Rita! They did what they had to do, pounded that ball and controlled the clock. I honestly thought Prospect might pull this out with their passing attack but foolish I was (Yoda voice).
Anyone who picked Prospect to beat Rita had valid reasons to feel that way. I just hope the Mustangs treat next week's game the same way they did today.

Anyone who picked Prospect to beat Rita had valid reasons to feel that way. I just hope the Mustangs treat next week's game the same way they did today.
They are who we thought they were!!
Prospect D like usual MSL teams not good. High scoring offense hid the warts all year. This worries me tomorrow for Hersey against a stout Batavia D regardless of speed need to play defense in the post season

Reactions: chakazulu89
Honest question because I did not watch the game, but was it all the wind that was the reason why Prospect's passing game wasn't up to their high standards? Was it that strong?

Or did Rita's solid defense have anything to do with it?
It hurt them on the kicks. Rita had good field position a lot. With Talty's leg it didn't effect his kicks. Their offense wasn't bad, QB had some good drives, their defense lost them this one though. They couldn't stop Stewart or the pass for that matter. Good play calling by Rita, when they focused in on Stewart they pulled a nice pass call out and they were wide open. And as mentioned above Prospect had their DE slanted in basically making them useless to the outside....odd.

Honest question because I did not watch the game, but was it all the wind that was the reason why Prospect's passing game wasn't up to their high standards? Was it that strong?

Or did Rita's solid defense have anything to do with it?

Not at all, the wind was not bad. Prospect was simply overwhelmed by SR's defense. SR was successful in taking out Covey for the most part, and it looked like QB was not used to playing under that kind of pass rush pressure.

Prospect looked solid, just outmatched. SR is well battle tested.

It hurt them on the kicks. Rita had good field position a lot. With Talty's leg it didn't effect his kicks. Their offense wasn't bad, QB had some good drives, their defense lost them this one though. They couldn't stop Stewart or the pass for that matter. Good play calling by Rita, when they focused in on Stewart they pulled a nice pass call out and they were wide open. And as mentioned above Prospect had their DE slanted in basically making them useless to the outside....odd.
Thanks for the info.

Not at all, the wind was not bad. Prospect was simply overwhelmed by SR's defense. SR was successful in taking out Covey for the most part, and it looked like QB was not used to playing under that kind of pass rush pressure.

Prospect looked solid, just outmatched. SR is well battle tested.
Well, I hope she can keep this momentum going next week probably on the road against a very good St. Charles North team.

I think playing Prospect will add to her being even more battle-tested, especially from the defensive side of the ball.

Last edited:
Well, I hope she can keep this momentum going next week probably on the road against a very St. Charles North team.

I think playing Prospect will add to her being even more battle-tested, especially from the defensive side of the ball.
If it is SCN will be another good matchup, run vs run in this one!

Reactions: RockSoup
Concerns from my first post?

1) No like-for-like challenge since week 3? Completely and totally prepared from game plan, to execution to intensity.
2)Slow first halfs? Although it was tied 14-14 at the half, it was St. Rita that set the tone and put Prospect on their heels. The tie at half spelled great things to come for the Mustangs.Surprised with SR seeming to want to go to half with a minute 40 left, Prospect with the wind and a passing game that’s carried them all year and scoring a couple timed in the 2Q, didn’t use their TOs to force a Rita punt into the wind, and try to score.
3) Short quick passing game. Just a phenomenal effort by DC Terry Quinn and his defense to hold that offense to 3 scores.
4) Not enough first downs or red zone TDs? Umm just flat out incredible. Like McCar said about the play calling, that slip seam to the TE Owen Manning and WR Calvin Lees one handed catch, all executed flawlessly by the JR QB Jett Hilding

But somethings I didn’t worry about. The improved D playing like rabid animals when the O is stacking first downs.

The offensive line. Period. Charlie Armbruster, Nick Strelczyk, Collin Gerger, Sam Gomez and junior Brady Courtney. Young Centers and Guards out there, watch Armbruster and Strelczyk that game. Clinic.

And Illinois High School fans, meet Mr. DJ Stewart. We know about him. Now you do too.

All in all, a phenomenal day to be a Mustang!

Now to find an oven to whip up a batch of crow soup😂. Not so fast, the road only gets harder but tonight, I’ll wash that soup down with a 6 pack

1) No like-for-like challenge since week 3? Completely and totally prepared from game plan, to execution to intensity.
2)Slow first halfs? Although it was tied 14-14 at the half, it was St. Rita that set the tone and put Prospect on their heels. The tie at half spelled great things to come for the Mustangs.Surprised with SR seeming to want to go to half with a minute 40 left, Prospect with the wind and a passing game that’s carried them all year and scoring a couple timed in the 2Q, didn’t use their TOs to force a Rita punt into the wind, and try to score.
3) Short quick passing game. Just a phenomenal effort by DC Terry Quinn and his defense to hold that offense to 3 scores.
4) Not enough first downs or red zone TDs? Umm just flat out incredible. Like McCar said about the play calling, that slip seam to the TE Owen Manning and WR Calvin Lees one handed catch, all executed flawlessly by the JR QB Jett Hilding

But somethings I didn’t worry about. The improved D playing like rabid animals when the O is stacking first downs.

The offensive line. Period. Charlie Armbruster, Nick Strelczyk, Collin Gerger, Sam Gomez and junior Brady Courtney. Young Centers and Guards out there, watch Armbruster and Strelczyk that game. Clinic.

And Illinois High School fans, meet Mr. DJ Stewart. We know about him. Now you do too.

Now to find an oven to whip up a batch of crow soup😂. Not so fast, the road only gets harder but tonight, I’ll wash that soup down with a 6 pack
Impressive game and the offense was pretty solid....and nothing like a what 240-250 pound Big back....

That big fella introduced himself to us in Niles last year!!

He had me at hello. And he was only a sophomore. He should petition up power 5 next season.
I really hope he gets a P5 chance, And I get it, not typical metrics. But I mean at least one OC in the country will have to see what a difference he can be vs so much nickel and the smaller quicker LBs of todays college football world, that a weapon like him should be one of the 8or 9 ball handlers your offense is distributing the ball to, He's a throwback.

Reactions: eireog
I really hope he gets a P5 chance, And I get it, not typical metrics. But I mean at least one OC in the country will have to see what a difference he can be vs so much nickel and the smaller quicker LBs of todays college football world, that a weapon like him should be one of the 8or 9 ball handlers your offense is distributing the ball to, He's a throwback.
If not as a RB I’d put a few pounds on him and he could play with the big guys with his hand on the ground.

Reactions: RockSoup
This all speculative but I heard that Rita's horn section was playing Chicago's "It's Only the Beginning" near the end of the game. You have to LOVE a Catholic school's horn section!!!

Reactions: RockSoup and eireog
This all speculative but I heard that Rita's horn section was playing Chicago's "It's Only the Beginning" near the end of the game. You have to LOVE a Catholic school's horn section!!!
I meant to get to this whole band thing. It only took a couple glasses of whiskey. Anyone ever mentions a band, you Rita guys reply Ray Manzarek and drop the mic as you walk away.

Great game tonight by the Mustangs! Total team effort! Held that Prospect offense to 21 points. 4TD’s by Hilding. i don’t know how much better you get with this oline! They are starting to click at the right time and we havent even scratched the surface on the duo combination. All i know is Dj is foaming at the mouth after the all conference snub.

I meant to get to this whole band thing. It only took a couple glasses of whiskey. Anyone ever mentions a band, you Rita guys reply Ray Manzarek and drop the mic as you walk away.
Hold on now, thats true but Chicago's Peter Cetera is a Mendel man and since Mendel Catholic was an Augustinian school, there is a Men of Mendel honor hall at St. Rita. Now I know Taft's Terry Kath was severely under remembered as not only a bad a** guitarist but excellent vocalist in his own right. Point being, Augustinian men drink to the Doors... and Chicago..... and whenever a radio is on

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT