ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita 38 Prospect 21 Final

How did MC stop the Mustang's running back?

First, MC is a dominant team and that's what they do: dominate.

Second, it was the first game of the year, and we all know how that plays out sometimes, especially with a Jr. QB making his first start, following in Tommy U's footsteps against one of the best teams in the state, and it's your main rival.

Third, SR might've been missing 1 or 2 of their 0-linemen--not saying the outcome would've been different, but psychologically and physically, may have played a role.

Fourth, confidence.

Hold on now, thats true but Chicago's Peter Cetera is a Mendel man and since Mendel Catholic was an Augustinian school, there is a Men of Mendel honor hall at St. Rita. Now I know Taft's Terry Kath was severely under remembered as not only a bad a** guitarist but excellent vocalist in his own right. Point being, Augustinian men drink to the Doors... and Chicago..... and whenever a radio is on
James Pankow founding member of Chicago… A Don💪🏻

Sooo happy for all the Rita fans and Todd!!

BTW South Elgin had the patented SR (SE)decal on their helmet!! So we shut them out and won by 42 to let them know that’s not ok.
Not all heroes wear capes! Thank you MS4evs for protecting and defending the dignity and sanctity of the fat SR logo, may it stay the football SR in perpetuity.

Coach Kuska saved it during a re-branding effort by a long gone admin. a handful of years ago. It might not be the biggest headline in his legacy but it was and is very appreciated by those fortunate enough to have worn it in between the lines.

@RockSoup dropping serious knowledge ALWAYS!!!
It's actually funny how I found out. Women. It's Mrs. Soups favorite logo. Giving the school 2 boys and soon a 3rd, she's storming the hallways looking for fat SR merch. Somehow she finds some and the lady that found it for her told her the story. So I can't even get mad at Coach Kuska in my own house or Mrs. Soup tells me to zip it

Are we all forgetting about Dennis DeYoung from Mendel? Formed a little band called Styx, did pretty well.

Reactions: Gene K.
Hold on now, thats true but Chicago's Peter Cetera is a Mendel man and since Mendel Catholic was an Augustinian school, there is a Men of Mendel honor hall at St. Rita. Now I know Taft's Terry Kath was severely under remembered as not only a bad a** guitarist but excellent vocalist in his own right. Point being, Augustinian men drink to the Doors... and Chicago..... and whenever a radio is on
Terry Kath under remembered? No.

That big fella introduced himself to us in Niles last year!!
I was at the SR/NND game last year.

Great game til late. Saw the SR Soph RB and what a load he was. Knowing his place in their scheme this year as a full-timer, not sure how you stop him.

Nice win by SR.

Reactions: RockSoup and eireog
I have to say I was impressed how Prospect came back from 14-0 to tie the game before half. They really mixed up the pass and run well. I honestly thought SR was in trouble in the second half. I don't know if it was the play calling, adjustments, or just that SR wore down Prospect. Once Prospect had to pass it was lights out, SR was all over them. In the first half Prospect was getting to the big SR running back pretty good, 2nd half was different. Really exciting game, glad I went, plenty of parking and seating. I sat on home side the first half, then visitor side for second, thoroughly enjoyed the game.

i see Batavia doing the same thing to Hersy as Rita did last night pound the rock.
LWE gave Batavia a pounding in the 1st half of their game. In the 2nd half, the Bulldogs cut East's lead in half. Not sure if LWE let their proverbial "foot off the pedal" in that 2nd half or not.

LWE barely beat the Bourbonnais, who lost to a Collinsville team that I feel Hersey would beat handily.

I also feel Hersey would beat the Bourbonnais by two TDs.

Not sure if this type of formula is accurate or not, but I've used it in the past and anecdotally it has worked for me.

What I'm typing is this: don't be surprised if Hersey "upsets" Batavia. And nothing against Batavia.

And I'm sure Batavia fans can use a formula as well on why the Bulldogs will beat Arlington Heights Hersey by two TDs.

LWE gave Batavia a pounding in the 1st half of their game. In the 2nd half, the Bulldogs cut East's lead in half. Not sure if LWE let their proverbial "foot off the pedal" in that 2nd half or not.

LWE barely beat the Bourbonnais, who lost to a Collinsville team that I feel Hersey would beat handily.

I also feel Hersey would beat the Bourbonnais by two TDs.

Not sure if this type of formula is accurate or not, but I've used it in the past and anecdotally it has worked for me.

What I'm typing is this: don't be surprised if Hersey "upsets" Batavia. And nothing against Batavia.

And I'm sure Batavia fans can use a formula as well on why the Bulldogs will beat Arlington Heights Hersey by two TDs.
Should be a very good game. That's why I think nobody has really been offended by the predictions as it could really go a lot of different ways. I wouldn't be shocked if Batavia absolutely blows them out of the water or if it's a tight game that goes down to the wire

Reactions: corey90
First, MC is a dominant team and that's what they do: dominate.

Second, it was the first game of the year, and we all know how that plays out sometimes, especially with a Jr. QB making his first start, following in Tommy U's footsteps against one of the best teams in the state, and it's your main rival.

Third, SR might've been missing 1 or 2 of their 0-linemen--not saying the outcome would've been different, but psychologically and physically, may have played a role.

Fourth, confidence.
A good analysis, cogent and succinct.

I thought Prospect did a great job in the 1st half coming back from 14-0 for a tie at half time. Prospect’s OL did an excellent good job in the 1st half protecting the passer. But you could see in the 2nd half as the game went on they were starting to get gassed. In the 1st half Prospect’s QB was almost never hurried and had some nice runs when his receivers were covered. In the 2nd half the QB was hurried a lot and knocked down several times. His runs were very short after half as it looked like one of the Kingsbury brothers were spying him. Pat Farrell had an interception at DE. SR’s DE last year also had an interception from the DE position against Prospect. The QB was sacked and SR had four tackles for loss.

On Offense SR had 329 yards rushing on 56 carries with DJ Stewart having 200 yards on 34 carries for a 5.9 yard average. SR lost a fumble in the 1st quarter into the Prospect end zone after a long drive and Talty had one punt. Otherwise, SR basically finished their possessions with a score. Talty’s punt was into the wind for 46 yards and a fair catch. Of note that punt was perfect spiral above the lights. Prospect had problems with their punting game and SR had the better field position most of the night. SR’s QB was 4/10 but three of those were for TD’s. There was one exceptional one handed diving catch for a TD I believe by Calvin Lee.

If someone wrote a script for a SR game plan, it was preformed last night.

There have been some posts in the last few days about team bands. Last night Prospect’s band came on the field in mass. They did not have uniforms on but there were an awful lot of them. There were so many of them I thought they were movie extras doing the Exodus scene from Ben Hur.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT