ADVERTISEMENT

So who is the Top team heading into 2016?

S
DBs Lacey, Olson and Keane are solid - but have work to do. Most likely will need to have a rangy kid like Blaine back at Safety but who that is? Veal, Iben King and ? will be LBs. Washington, Hutchenson, Malopsy are solid DTs. Will need to get in some good pass rush DEs. OL returns 2, Houston, Valladay, Smalling, Murphy, etc will be solid on the skilled players. QB is Borelli - similar to Miller - not a lot reps as Jr then thrown into the fire. Richardson the K returns.

Nice thanks, seems like your dialed in on BR. What's their schedule like outside of blue & your reg season prediction? I have heard Marist & Montini, not sure about other 3? Is Montini their Green c/o or non-con? What about White c/o? Thanks in advance

IMO...top teams are Loyola, GBW, Crete-Monee, Brother Rice, Cary Grove, Montini....what about Naz? Isn't this the senior class that didn't have a Sophomore team? Can they 3-peat? I see Loyola & GBW repeating as champs.

I also think St. Rita makes a comeback this year. They won't win state but they'll be a top 20 team and depending on match up's they'll be a quarterfinal team.

I'm tellin you Jwar and Bones, the brook's offense is going to be very serious. 10 returning starters! 4 linemen back, 2 runningbacks, quarterback, and 3 receivers. Defense will reload, they have 6 returning starters back. 3 d linemen, 3 dbs.

GoTitans,

I hope you are right...I know many of the boys you are referring to and they deserve to have a great season. My concern is that they won't for many reasons. This year's defense with Tuf and Lee was tough and next year's will not likely be as good. If the Offense can figure out how to be balanced run/pass they could have a good year...if not, pray early and often.

I'm tellin you Jwar and Bones, the brook's offense is going to be very serious. 10 returning starters! 4 linemen back, 2 runningbacks, quarterback, and 3 receivers. Defense will reload, they have 6 returning starters back. 3 d linemen, 3 dbs.

IMO...top teams are Loyola, GBW, Crete-Monee, Brother Rice, Cary Grove, Montini....what about Naz? Isn't this the senior class that didn't have a Sophomore team? Can they 3-peat? I see Loyola & GBW repeating as champs.

I also think St. Rita makes a comeback this year. They won't win state but they'll be a top 20 team and depending on match up's they'll be a quarterfinal team.

I wasn’t able to make any games live at St. Rita this year but I watched the MC/SR Prep Bowl Playoff Game on the High School Cube which SR lost 7-6. What I was impressed by was the fact all three QB’s that played the 1st half were all underclassmen. The sophomore played almost all of the 2nd half. Additionally the RB and most of the receivers were all so underclassmen. In my life time I can never remembering that happening.

The freshmen went 7-2 with a new coaching staff that actually played an offense compatible with the varsity. The sophomores also went 7-2 losing by one to Montini and 6 to Loyola. They beat the rest of the conference opponents so the cupboard is not empty.

Who are the top 5-10 teams? LA, BR, Brook, LWE,GW,Montini, Naz, Cary?
Nah...
Nah. The offense could be good...if they were dedicated to running the ball. Trying to pass when you can't pass or catch? Got some real questions regarding playcalling and offensive gameplan all together. Not too worried about losing Tuf... tide comes in tide goes out. Just afraid that the O wont do the defense any favors

I truly believe HS will be back. They have some studs on that defense arron woods and deontae curry, jack bortman that will return and probably contribute on offense as well. Yes they lose a ton of offensive talent but they have some guys coming up through the program that will be able to contribute. I honestly believe this coaching staff know how to get the most out of these players as well. It will be a battle in the west suburban conference but the look in these kids eyes shows they ate ready for the challenge. Trust me
Thing about those three players is only one of them actually made a difference. No one knows of the Jack Bortman kid and based on his highlights that I watched I don't see him making a huge impact. With Woods the question is will he still be able to do things without the opposing lineman just focusing on Josh King. Also, does he have the talent to compete at the next level. With Deontae, we all know what he can do, but his size will need to develop more if he expects to play Division 1 football. Hinsdale South will need more than 3 players to pull off what they did these last two years.

Reactions: Wild_Mustang
Thing about those three players is only one of them actually made a difference. No one knows of the Jack Bortman kid and based on his highlights that I watched I don't see him making a huge impact. With Woods the question is will he still be able to do things without the opposing lineman just focusing on Josh King. Also, does he have the talent to compete at the next level. With Deontae, we all know what he can do, but his size will need to develop more if he expects to play Division 1 football. Hinsdale South will need more than 3 players to pull off what they did these last two years.

Agreed. South will 5-4 or 6-3, nothing better than that. They can win a playoff game and will be a tough out in 6A but to even think they'll come close to repeating what they have done the last 2 years is drinking too much of that black & yellow cool-aide.

I'm saying 5-4 but a sleeper team come playoff time just because they play all 7A & 8A schools.

Last edited:
I have been following Glenbard West for about 10 years now. Coming off a 7A state championship season, and even after losing Sam Brodner in the backfield, GW will contend for another state championship, no matter which class (7A or 8A), and no matter who they have to play. This is a program that will be there, year in and year out, as long as Hetlet is head coach. A quick preview of the 2016 season: this team will have the best defense in the history of the school, and the offense will feature 4 great running backs and a terrific QB. Unfortunately, I'll be watching most of the games on HSCube!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT