ADVERTISEMENT

So who is the Top team heading into 2016?

I truly believe HS will be back. They have some studs on that defense arron woods and deontae curry, jack bortman that will return and probably contribute on offense as well. Yes they lose a ton of offensive talent but they have some guys coming up through the program that will be able to contribute. I honestly believe this coaching staff know how to get the most out of these players as well. It will be a battle in the west suburban conference but the look in these kids eyes shows they ate ready for the challenge. Trust me

Look out for Rockford Auburn. They have legitimate NFL size coming back on the o line and their quarterback is a stud.

They will likely run into a character that will be looking for his own Brodner like senior year in Cary-Grove. Not sure I would want to be the guy standing between Pennington and a state championship.

St. Laurence returns 8 starters on offense and 6 starters on defense. Sophomore class is strong and will help fill the few holes left by graduating seniors. Offense this year averaged just under 50 points per game. QB Martinez will be missed but jr QB Washington has a unique skill set as well. This year's 14 starting juniors will have a full year of varsity game experience heading into next season. Getting knocked out in a game with blizzard conditions left a bad taste and they all have a chip on their shoulder. Next year's seniors are the first class that came in as freshmen under coach Harold Blackmon.

Loyola Academy - the majority of the junior class saw playing time throughout the season. TE/Wildcat Qb Jake Marwede is a monster, Sophomore Quinn Boyle played last night and ran the offense effectively in relief of Emmett Clifford all season. A number of junior starters at Left Tackle and Guard, Linebacker and Defensive Back. Junior Wide Receiver David Terrell. Sophomore Lineman/Wildcat Fullback for Marwede Mikal McKeever saw is going to be a stud. Sophomore Class was 8-1. Going into 2016, this will be one of the strongest Rambler teams in a number of years.

Palatine returns 7 starters on offense including All-State QB Zach Oles and a phenomenal WR (that again we all knew about but I think now everyone else does too after the Loyola game) Johnny O'Shea; 6 starters on defense; and adds a successful sophomore squad with 8-10 really talented guys. As always they will play confident, hard nosed, maximum effort football.

Sleep on them at your risk. All along people around PHS have been thinking next year is going to be THE year...this year's run to the semifinals was an early, unexpected bonus.

Loyola Academy - the majority of the junior class saw playing time throughout the season. TE/Wildcat Qb Jake Marwede is a monster, Sophomore Quinn Boyle played last night and ran the offense effectively in relief of Emmett Clifford all season. A number of junior starters at Left Tackle and Guard, Linebacker and Defensive Back. Junior Wide Receiver David Terrell. Sophomore Lineman/Wildcat Fullback for Marwede Mikal McKeever saw is going to be a stud. Sophomore Class was 8-1. Going into 2016, this will be one of the strongest Rambler teams in a number of years.
Agreed. LA will have a lot coming back, as many, if not more than most seasons.
Just to clarify, both middle linebackers, Romano and Repp will be back in addition to Swenson at corner and Falkenhayn at safety (he split reps all season until he suffered a season ending concussion). Mickey Kane saw a lot of action at olb during the season as well. Offensively, Marty Geary is the sophmore left guard and varsity wildcat fullback not Mckeever. The rest that you mentioned will be back as well as Jack Martinus, who returned punts this year will be a slot wr.

Reactions: Rambler1984
Not the top team but Naz returns a bunch probably 12-13 guys that saw a ton a time. Losing Love will be huge, Ivory will need to be a bigger impaxt on defense like JLove was. Theres also another Love in the pipeline who I hope will be just as good as his older brother.

LW East will make noise. Getting all LWN talent and most of the Mokena kids will find ways to stay at East. Unless they decide to move Zvonar to central and Cordell to east...that's one way to turn the tide to bring central back to glory.

So if classes are set by prior year enrollment, will LWE be 7 A yet now include all the new LWN kids?

If so, maybe they are the preseason 7A pick

So if classes are set by prior year enrollment, will LWE be 7 A yet now include all the new LWN kids?

If so, maybe they are the preseason 7A pick
That's a good call. I think the ihsa will have to do something a out that. I'm hoping for 1-32 up and down the board and naz-mchs meeting up on thanksgiving. Naz still a 3td dog though.

Reactions: mchsalumni
Last year I had no doubt at this same time last season.

This time around? Really not sure....you?

Post it and why

By the way Edgy, any chance of you taking back the comment during preseason with Dallas Jackson saying there was a wide gap between the top two teams (H-F & MC) and "the rest?"

Too early to tell. When does the free agent signing period officially begin? Some of the big, traditional players (Montini, Phillips, Naz) in the market are coming off state championships. Competition for available talent should be intense.

I think up North Palatine will be very good Cary Grove and Prairie Ridge will be too. Stevenson will be back on top in the NSC LZ will be better - under classes were loaded.

We have to see what players get kicked out/ asked to leave plus free agency before that decision is made.

Reactions: PRokie
put my hat in the ring for the Ramblers... I dont know what they lose or return but does it matter?

LA is about to go on a run. Maybe a 4 peat. I assumed they'd win it this year or next.

Too early to tell. When does the free agent signing period officially begin? Some of the big, traditional players (Montini, Phillips, Naz) in the market are coming off state championships. Competition for available talent should be intense.
I'll let you guess how many transfers Nazareth had on this Championship team.

Has more to do with a potent offense powered by Dougie Weis

Reactions: Dino brown
Brother Rice has an ungodly amount of returning starters. Phillips and HF will just reload or is that restock?

Sorry the was HF's girls basketball team I was thinking about.

All kidding aside how many teams that made it to the third round started a lot of juniors?

Epic,

There were NO starting Offensive players and 1 Starting Defensive player who was a Sophomore and did not play football at his original school in 9th grade. There were 2 additional transfers on the roster. So for all the talk about Naz getting a ton of Transfers that simply isn't true. Naz will get some transfers just like a bunch of public and private schools this year.

I've said it multiple times...its my belief any kid should be granted a 1 time unconditional transfer. Adults can move in and out of coaching positions why can't kids change their mind once.

I'll let you guess how many transfers Nazareth had on this Championship team.

Has more to do with a potent offense powered by Dougie Weis

I was going to say two... I don't count Reif as he never played football at old school. If we count him, that's one contributor... one.

This team was all Naz kids that bought in early and often.

As for next year? Well, kids are going to want to play for Racki and his program, so some will come.

Epic is correct only 1 transfer that played this year and he never played high school football before coming to Naz.

Brother Rice has an ungodly amount of returning starters. Phillips and HF will just reload or is that restock?

Sorry the was HF's girls basketball team I was thinking about.

All kidding aside how many teams that made it to the third round started a lot of juniors?
Rice with Smalling back and some recent changes I am guessing 8-1 again next year. Definitely beat Marist week 1.

Someone transferred from Neuqua. Did he graduate last year? My silly memory,...
The last two kids from a Valley were a dapper young WR a few years back and Dean last season. Nolan's transfer was 100% legit, and the best for the young man off the field. The fact he was Beast Mode on the field was just a nice plus.

100% legit? What does that mean? I have no problem with the transfer, but let's not say football had nothing to do with it, as that would be a bit disingenuous.

100% legit? What does that mean? I have no problem with the transfer, but let's not say football had nothing to do with it, as that would be a bit disingenuous.
He would have transferred prior to his senior year if it was just for football. There was much more to the transfer that shouldn't be discussed on the board.

It means the transfer wasn't related to football. It was best for the young man on a fundamental level. See godfather's post

It means the transfer wasn't related to football. It was best for the young man on a fundamental level. See godfather's post

I'm not saying the transfer wasn't legit, but again, disingenuous to say his transfer to Naz was 100% about something which had NOTHING to do with football. Why not St. Joe's? Montini? Benet? Marmion? St. Francis? JCA? Would you believe me if I told you Rhode transferred to Montini and just happened to be a great QB who fit a need?

Reactions: mc140
I'm not saying the transfer wasn't legit, but again, disingenuous to say his transfer to Naz was 100% about something which had NOTHING to do with football. Why not St. Joe's? Montini? Benet? Marmion? St. Francis? JCA? Would you believe me if I told you Rhode transferred to Montini and just happened to be a great QB who fit a need?
But running back wasn't a need for Nazareth. He transferred in December of the year before. We would have been just fine with Ivory at Running back.

Reactions: dtlove3434

The only transfer of a real good football player I have seen in the last decade who went to a school that was not good was Bobby Pettis going to Argo after leaving Rita.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT