ADVERTISEMENT

Private school question...

I mentioned X country before, said Alleman has better cross country..

HHS better in 5 sports, Alleman better in 2

Originally posted by HHSTigerFan:
In my initial post from waaaay back, I said boy athletics.... That comment was a continuation of that..

I think it's funny as hell that the ONE school you came up with clearly isn't as successful... every time you try to sound intelligent about small school sports you look like a fool.... :)
You are right, they aren't as successful. They are MORE successful.

In no way, shape or form are they more successful... Keep going, you have 25 more to go.... lol

Baseball- 7 regionals, 5 sectionals
Basketball- 5 regionals
Soccer- 4 regionals, 2 sectionals
Track- 2 sectionals

So in those 4 sports... I count Herscher 16 regionals, Alleman 7... Sectionals, Herscher wins 9-4

Alleman football going to make up that difference?? With wrestling, Herscher team made it to state finals, 6 kids qualified individuals... so a much better program right now..

This post was edited on 3/20 12:42 PM by HHSTigerFan
Uh, yeah, Alleman football IS going to make up that difference. Alleman football has qualified for the playoffs eight times since 2005 with three runner up titles. Their overall playoff record since 2005 is 16-8. During the same period, HHS has a playoff record of 2-5.

Herscher historically has benefited from being the large fish in small pond.

They do very well in the conference.. their enrollment is 7th out of 12... Seems like they are an average size fish

What??? I went with all of the sports that both schools have...
No, You didn't. here is the comparison you chose to provide statistics for:

"Baseball- 7 regionals, 5 sectionals
Basketball- 5 regionals
Soccer- 4 regionals, 2 sectionals
Track- 2 sectionals

So in those 4 sports... I count Herscher 16 regionals, Alleman 7... Sectionals, Herscher wins 9-4"

You specifically chose NOT to compare football. And you did so because you know that Alleman has experienced far more success than HHS.

Furthermore, you said: "With wrestling, Herscher team made it to state finals, 6 kids qualified individuals... so a much better program right now." Interesting that the IHSA doesn't have ANY Information for Herscher wrestling.

And FINALLY, you said nothing about tennis or golf at HHS because HHS doesn't offer those sports. So, here we have a school of 606 kids that supposedly has one of the best small school athletic programs in the state, and they can't field as many sports teams as a school of 464 kids. SO, here we have a school in Alleman that is basically three quarters the size of HHS and spreading its student athletes out among more sports than HHS does. It would stand to reason that Alleman would have a weaker athletic program overall than HHS...but they don't.

They do very well in the conference.. their enrollment is 7th out of 12... Seems like they are an average size fish
He said historically, not currently. When HHS joined the I-8 in 2006-07, after bailing from the much larger Corn Belt, it had 703 students, which made it the second largest school in the conference. It stayed the second largest school in the conference for three years until other I-8 schools started to catch up to it.

Despite being the garden spot of Illinois and despite having supposedly one of the best small school athletic programs in the state, the enrollment at HHS has declined 14% since 2006-07.

Herscher, Manteno and Peotone left the much smaller River Valley Conference to join the I-8. So they didn't bail on the Corn Belt as you claimed... They joined the local conference that was a step up in overall competition for them...

I clearly stated Alleman had better football... Didn't include them because they don't have regionals and sectionals...

This post was edited on 3/20 3:19 PM by HHSTigerFan

And .... Enrollment has declined in all I-8 schools
Wrong again. You are so quick to spout off you don't even get stuff straight for your own freakin conference.

Since HHS joined in 2006, Plano is up big time. Manteno is also up.

Planos district enrollment is down the last few years... I never identified a time frame...

Manteno has gained HS enrollment, but that's from Indian Oak kids being moved into that facility... But there too, district enrollment is down slightly...

Is that really all you have?? Why don't you take them time and locate those 25 schools????

Herscher, Manteno and Peotone left the much smaller River Valley Conference to join the I-8. So they didn't bail on the Corn Belt as you claimed... They joined the local conference that was a step up in overall competition for them...

I clearly stated Alleman had better football... Didn't include them because they don't have regionals and sectionals...

This post was edited on 3/20 3:19 PM by HHSTigerFan
Let's be clear. HHS was in the Corn Belt in football in 2005. In 2006, HHS was in the I-8. Yes or no?

You didn't include football in your comparison because football doesn't have regionals and sectionals? Instead you have to QUALIFY to make the playoffs in football, unlike all the other sports you are quick to include in your comparison.

What a lame excuse!

Regardless, compare this: Since 2005, Alleman has recorded a 16-8 football playoff record playing as a multiplied school, while HHS has managed a 2-5 football playoff record playing in their actual size class.

It's just so funny watching you... I made some comment off the cuff a year ago and it still bothers you to the point that you have spent endless hours searching for schools, you come up with ONE school and you are proved wrong as expected on that one...

Well right now the I-8 is a better football conference than the Corn Belt... Seems they went to a better football conference and a much better conference in the other sports...

Herscher has better post season record in baseball, basketball, soccer., wrestling .. Alleman in football... That's Herscher 4 Alleman 1

Planos district enrollment is down the last few years... I never identified a time frame...

Manteno has gained HS enrollment, but that's from Indian Oak kids being moved into that facility... But there too, district enrollment is down slightly...

Is that really all you have?? Why don't you take them time and locate those 25 schools????
Here are Plano's enrollment numbers for the past five (is that a few in your book?) according to the IHSA:

2014: 631
2013: 617
2012: 619
2011: 611
2010: 610

Looks to me like they were pretty stable from 2010-2013 and then took a big jump last year. Bottom line is that they have grown from 489 in 2006 to 631 in 2014. Bottom line also is that you are wrong...again.

Of course you didn't identify a time frame, because to do so would set you up to be refuted. By not identifying a time frame up front, you can always say that you didn't when you are challenged. It's always something with you. Always shucking and jiving, Always SPINNING. You are slimy.

That's high school only... I said district...

So basically you are now realizing you won't find 25 schools.... So you have moved on to nit pick other things, which you will most likely lose to me as well... Thanks for playing!

Herscher has better post season record in baseball, basketball, soccer., wrestling .. Alleman in football... That's Herscher 4 Alleman 1
Boys sports. You are comparing boys sports, and I am comparing OVERALL.

Admittedly, you said, "I couldn't care less about girls sports,"

I wonder if your daughter knows you feel that way...

That's high school only... I said district...

So basically you are now realizing you won't find 25 schools.... So you have moved on to nit pick other things, which you will most likely lose to me as well... Thanks for playing!
Look, slime ball, the conversation was about HHS historically being a big fish in a small pond. The conversation was about SCHOOL enrollment, not district enrollment. YOU, however, are trying to weasel out and talk about DISTRICT enrollment even though the number of students below high school age is IMMATERIAL to the discussion about I-8 conference enrollments.

I'm done wasting my time with you.

Overall I would toss in that music crap... You want to go there??
Sure. But, first, you have to make a case as to why "music crap" should be considered in the discussion of the relative strength of overall athletic programs.

This should be rich.
rolleye0011.r191677.gif

Actually, the conversation was you saying that HHS wasn't one of the top small school athletic programs in the state.. and then being able to name ONE that's better...

If me being wrong about Plano gaining a few kids rather than losing a few kids makes you feel better about getting your ass kicked the rest of the time, so be it... point being is almost all rural districts are losing enrollment... Plano a little different because they are borderline rural and let some crap development to toss up cheap homes...

Music is on the IHSA activity list, they are the most dominant program in the history of the ihsa...to me it's about the same as girls sports..

The IHSA is more than sports. But, your claim about HHS has always been sports related. Now you are scrambling to include music in the mix in a sad and futile attempt to bolster your claim..

roll.r191677.gif

Considering so far you have named ZERO schools that are better than HHS.... don't think anything needs to be bolstered...

Considering so far you have named ZERO schools that are better than HHS.... don't think anything needs to be bolstered...
I told you I wasn't going to play your game and give you 25 small schools with better overall athletic programs than HHS...as if being #26 is something you feel is a meaningful achievement. I did give you one, however, and your response was that you weren't originally including girls when you made that claim (although I've never seen you specifically exclude girls or limit your claim to boys).

If that response is the best you can do, then I'm damn glad that I didn't give you the 25 because you would have nitpicked and squirmed and changed your mind and found fault with every single one of the 25, and then you would have crowned HHS not just one of the best but THE best boys small school athletic program.

Hey, two can play this game. If you think HHS is so great, why don't you prove it yourself instead of asking me to disprove it. Why don't you tell us the small schools that are better than HHS? Can't be too many according to you, right? Go ahead. Have at it. This way, we will know EXACTLY where you think HHS stands instead of your vague claim that HHS is "one of the best."

You are a tiresome little troll. It's Friday night, troll. Time to go out and guzzle a few cans of PBR with your friends while you regale them with stories of how you got in people's heads here at Edgy this week.

I told you my process for saying what I did.. probably tops in one of the best conferences, some have said its the best conference.. you have come up with zero schools that are better... I stand by what I say...

Originally posted by ramblinman:

It's Friday night, troll. Time to go out and guzzle a few cans of PBR with your friends while you regale them with stories of how you got in people's heads here at Edgy this week.
Now that is a real insult to any beer drinker. PBR is pee water. I'd much rather drink an Old Style, Schlitz or Hamm's before PBR. As a matter of fact I'd drink Milwaukee's Best or Busch Light first. PBR isn't even good enough to be beer pong beer. YUCK!!

Can Herscher be considered a small school if they play 3a basketball?

Perhaps you are right... But what's that say about Aurora Christian?? AC would have been one of the first schools I would have looked at and I am not sure they are better... Much better football and track.... Basketball about the same... Baseball here is much better... but we have really good soccer and an improving wrestling program, two sports AC doesn't offer..

Originally posted by SiuCubFan8:
So much talk about an irrelevant athletic program in the state.
That is only your opinion. I am sure, to the people of Herscher, the athletic program is very significant. And whoever you root for or where you come from is insignificant to them as well. I seriously doubt the people of Herscher care what you or anyone else (including me) thinks about their athletic program who isn't a part of it or within the district. Just playing devil's advocate here and not looking for a debate.

Further, I really don't care what the St. Louis Blues fans think of any players on the Hawks or the Hawks in general. I am sure they feel the same way about me.
This post was edited on 3/21 10:34 AM by Dr. Mirakle

HHSTigerfan
I have been reading the thread back in forth with you
and Ramblinman. I really don't know enough about the topic
but can't help notice that Ramblinman has called you out
several times, calling you Slimy, troll etc. I can't help but to
wonder why he would stoop to this level. It clearly states in
the freeboard by laws that a poster will not be allowed
personal attacks of another poster. I didn't see the need
to go there. It appears you have really gotten under his skin.

Ramblin started this whole stupid topic months ago when he took a shot at my school, me simple response was that it's a solid athletic program, one of the top small school boys programs in the state.... He wet himself saying how wrong I was ... Yet he can't name me a single school that's better and has done nothing but call me names and dodge the topic... Kinda like when the playoff pairings came out , was all over that Herscher Mac game, all he talked about for 5 days... Herscher wins, he never mentions the game again..

When it comes to the small schools, he has no idea what's going on, but keeps throwing his ill informed opinion out there..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT