ADVERTISEMENT

Pirates v. Ramblers

I'm blind in one eye, and can't see out of the other.

Also, get back into reffing please.
Stripes I officiated for 10 yrs in the south before I moved here. I went to one officials meeting and said no more...

The good ole boy network and the "crews" are so deep rooted here it's no wonder they have so much trouble getting or keeping officials.
I had a young kid calling our travel football game tell me :
" I can't say anything, these guys have been officiating 20 yrs, I won't get any more games and I need the money!"

just because someone's been doing it a long time doesn't mean they should be, and I have ALWAYS believed officials should have to pass a series of physical mobility tests.

Just sayin..

Btw, this is the wrong thread for this.. Sorry

Reactions: ignazio
Cube having major problems. Out for past couple of minutes. Palatine scored again, went for two and failed. 24-22 Loyola over PHS with 2:36 left

Loyola was fortunate there. A safety might have given palatine a chance to win in regulation. Now if they cover this onside kick they can run out the clock

Another bad long snap. 24-22 Loyola. Palatine went for two, but chose to go for a jump pass. Not even close.

Stripes I officiated for 10 yrs in the south before I moved here. I went to one officials meeting and said no more...

The good ole boy network and the "crews" are so deep rooted here it's no wonder they have so much trouble getting or keeping officials.
I had a young kid calling our travel football game tell me :
" I can't say anything, these guys have been officiating 20 yrs, I won't get any more games and I need the money!"

just because someone's been doing it a long time doesn't mean they should be, and I have ALWAYS believed officials should have to pass a series of physical mobility tests.

Just sayin..

Btw, this is the wrong thread for this.. Sorry
I'm the luckiest football official in the IHSA. I've caught some major breaks, and here I am. I had a really bad year by the standards I set for myself, so who knows what the future holds for me. But I wouldn't let that discourage you.

I'm the luckiest football official in the IHSA. I've caught some major breaks, and here I am. I had a really bad year by the standards I set for myself, so who knows what the future holds for me. But I wouldn't let that discourage you.
There's a man I know who's name I won't mention, whose son also officiates.. He was talking about a game a few weeks ago.. Says something to the effect : " like that coach is going to ever get a call". My blood boiled..
I asked him, " how does an official decide who "gets" a call?" My god I could have smacked him right there!! Of course he is one of those I've been doing this 30 years WFA officials

Game over. Great game PHS.

Go Ramblers! Work on that long snap this week.

Hope to see Marist prevail tonight for an all Catholic 8A final.

Reactions: PowerI66
All and all congrats to Loyola. I have my misgivings, but I'm sure Loyola has their own as well. Great game and good luck! Maybe 4th time will be the charm for Palatine against Loyola!

There's a man I know who's name I won't mention, whose son also officiates.. He was talking about a game a few weeks ago.. Says something to the effect : " like that coach is going to ever get a call". My blood boiled..
I asked him, " how does an official decide who "gets" a call?" My god I could have smacked him right there!! Of course he is one of those I've been doing this 30 years WFA officials
Hey, where did my meet my dad?!?!

As I said before in previous years, they just reallllllly need to get their special teams together!

The conditions I'm sure was a factor for the long snapper overshooting twice but yeah you can't give up 8 points in any game, more less a state semifinal, if you can't snap it to the punter.

But, to give up 8 points on bad snaps is definitely a concern.
Agreed ramblin, I just remember Palatine's quarterfinal against you guys a couple years ago with a punt return TD (only score). Then your last trip to the finals with the blocked extra point and I believe one other ST miscue. IMO, the only thing stopping LA from winning state again

Agreed ramblin, I just remember Palatine's quarterfinal against you guys a couple years ago with a punt return TD (only score). Then your last trip to the finals with the blocked extra point and I believe one other ST miscue. IMO, the only thing stopping LA from winning state again

Blocked FG was NC's only TD. And the only person who rushed blocked the kick.

Hats off to the Pirates. Palatine played an outstanding game. They have great kids, great coaches and a great program! After talking with the soph coaches after our game earlier in the season, I was very impressed with what they were doing with those kids. I'm not surprised that they gave us all we could handle tonight.

Our offense got it done when they really needed to. I'm proud of our guys and I hope the 3rd time is a charm next week. Lots of work still to be done.

Looks like Marist is up next but anything can happen. Crazy finishes for Montini and Libertyville...great day of HS football

Reactions: PowerI66
Well here's the other thing, it actually is a TD for palatine anyway. Palatine had the last "force" (basically, the last significant touch on the ball) and the ball laid dead in the back of the end zone but never went over the line. No one ever recovered it (at least not until the whistle blew anyway). By rule, that's a TD for Palatine. If you ever see it again it will be a miracle.

AS CAPTURED ON THE CUBE: Security to the press box please ... We have students drinking in the stands. Parents notified us."
So that's what that was about....I was about 10 rows down from the press box and multiple Palatine police and other security people were going up and down our aisle for two quarters and we all heard the "Security to the press box" but nothing beyond that.

Last edited:
Cube actually worked great for me on cell after 1st quarter. Was it just me? Looked like ref had a weird exagerated signal when penalty was on palatine?
Congrats to both teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT