ADVERTISEMENT

Pirates v. Ramblers

Rambles that personal foul and OPI were brutal... You gotta admit

Loyola deserves the lead, but that "Late hit" on Laja was garbage. No whistle, no late hit. That's the rule. Especially in the middle of the field
Also, let's not say "classy" when after the quarterfinal a couple years ago the entire Loyola stands were singing "hey, hey, hey goodbye" at the end of the game

Also, let's not say "classy" when after the quarterfinal a couple years ago the entire Loyola stands were singing "hey, hey, hey goodbye" at the end of the game
So then you go right ahead and bring it. Make sure that every score you post has that ref with 3 pts. :rolleyes:

66, you will never get a ramblin fan to admit that they have ever benefitted from an obvious lack of reasonable judgement by the officials... Kinda like the holding call against HF last week that had a profound effect on the game...

It didn't happen

That's fair. That's why I specified middle of the field. Running back was up and running when "thrown" backwards.
If the QB gets sacked in the middle of the field can any other defender pile on if there was no whistle? Play ends itself, the whistle is nothing more than a confirmation of it having ended.

Reactions: Chief321
66, you will never get a ramblin fan to admit that they have ever benefitted from an obvious lack of reasonable judgement by the officials... Kinda like the holding call against HF last week that had a profound effect on the game...

It didn't happen

Blaming refs. Cute excuse. Montini could have blamed the refs for missing a half dozen holds on PR, or for slowing the game down to a crawl, but they just took care of business instead.

If the QB gets sacked in the middle of the field can any other defender pile on if there was no whistle? Play ends itself, the whistle is nothing more than a confirmation of it having ended.
Was not a player piling on. Was wrapped up and pushed or thrown backwards. Was not violent at all. By your explanation, I would have not complained about the call at all. However, this was a football play, no penalty needed on either side.

Blaming refs. Cute excuse. Montini could have blamed the refs for missing a half dozen holds on PR, or for slowing the game down to a crawl, but they just took care of business instead.
Read my other post. Not blaming refs for losing. Refs didn;t throw 2 picks.

It didn't happen

That's interesting, since the Loyola announcers pretty much agreed that both calls were questionable.

Reactions: PowerI66
Was not a player piling on. Was wrapped up and pushed or thrown backwards. Was not violent at all. By your explanation, I would have not complained about the call at all. However, this was a football play, no penalty needed on either side.
I'm not watching it on the Cube (opting for Baylor-OSU instead) so I'm just going off what I'm reading here. Please don't think I'm trying to come off as a know-it-all, just responding. I have no skin in this game, except to say I've reffed both of these teams over the years and they are well coached and I have respect for the way the programs play football. So I guess I'm a little surprised by that kind of mistake.

I'm not watching it on the Cube (opting for Baylor-OSU instead) so I'm just going off what I'm reading here. Please don't think I'm trying to come off as a know-it-all, just responding. I have no skin in this game, except to say I've reffed both of these teams over the years and they are well coached and I have respect for the way the programs play football. So I guess I'm a little surprised by that kind of mistake.
Merely having a discussion with you. Not accusing you of anything

Not an excuse... Officials can have a negative impact the outcome of a game, plain and simple. If the Broncos had lost I'm relatively sure it would have been brought up by a Montini fan somewhere.
There are really good officials..many of them!!
There are officials that have no business being on the field, NO MATTER HOW LONG THEY HAVE BEEN DOING IT!!
Some of them even get to call playoff games!

Neither did the refs kick the 35 yd FG.
Great kick. No issue with it at all. Like I have said in multiple posts. Loyola deserves the lead, and Palatine hasn't scored since getting to 9 anyways. That drive just would have been crushed, and possibly momentum. Woulda, shoulda, coulda. I just thought the call was awful

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT