ADVERTISEMENT

Neuqua - 14 LWE - 17 Final

What is it with Naperville dads? This sounds just like the dad from NC. All you do is complain about the head coach. You obviously have a son on the team. No one is this passionate with their hatred for a head coach unless they have a son on the team. It’s pretty obvious which son is yours, you mention him as often as you can. I’ve coached high school football for 30 years, Div 3 for three years. I also helped out with my son’s youth team for a couple of years. I have coached at every level and have been both a defensive and offensive coordinator. I can’t say I was great at either one; I think I was a better than average position coach. I know a little bit about football but I think I know a lot more than most about football parents and their expectations. That being said, I am pretty sure you are considered to be “THAT” dad. Your son is the star of the team, he didn’t get the Big 10 scholarship, you coached his youth football team and won a championship of some sort. Might of even won it in Florida so you think it’s a Youth Football National Championship. Why can’t you just be happy for your son and his teammates for having a pretty darn good season and ended up losing a close game to the number one seeded and the best public school team in the State. I’ve been following Edgytim since 2000. Never posted until last week. For someone who comes across as knowing so much about football, I’m a little surprised you haven’t acknowledged the success they have had with playing the majority of their games with QB2. QB1 and QB2 have different skillsets. Not to take anything away from QB2, it looks like he did a great job. But I can only imagine they prepared all summer for QB1 then had to make a quick change at the beginning of the season. Apparently you don’t like his offense. I have seen three NV games. One with QB1 as starter and two with QB2 starting. Play calling was definitely different in both games. Looks like they were called with the strengths of the QB in mind. When you have a good defense, running the ball and using up the clock is a pretty good strategy. It’s not great to watch, receivers are not getting their stats, but it’s a good strategy. All I’m hearing about last nights game is the bad decision making by the head coach. How about the flee flicker where the receiver fell. That should have been a TD, is that the coaches fault? How about the two (could of been more) passes the QB overthrew the receiver on plays that would have resulted in touchdowns? Were they the coaches fault? There was a strong wind last night, tough to call plays. I thought the play calling was actually pretty good. Your constant bashing of the coach in this forum, with the neighborhood dads, and with your son and his friends does not help the team. It’s actually very selfish. Again, like I told the NC dad, it’s not going to get the coach fired. I just wish you could look back at the great season your son and his team had and be happy for them. I’m sure your negativity dampens the great high school experience your son and his teammates had. Remember, there is more to life than high school football.
One of the best posts I have seen in a long long time

Reactions: CatholicHigh41
So you counted him before he officially enrolled. Lot of public school coaches do that
Their pride gets in the way and they won’t recruite their own district. They feel entitled. They often “screw it! We will have someone better anyway!”

regardless the best thing about Thanksgiving weekend is not football on Thanksgiving! It’s IHSA football state finals Friday and Saturday!
Agree 1000% with your last sentence.

I never counted him. I just said he was within the footprint. Which is true. You are the one getting your panties in a bunch over it.

One of the best posts I have seen in a long long time
Except he’s 100% wrong about me.

He is right about the play calling last night. It was actually a well called game from an offensive standpoint. They played to their strengths and almost won a well played game.

Situational awareness, game strategy, and clock management are and have been pretty bad. That is not arguable.

Reactions: Sonap
That’s brilliant.

I’ve never had a kid play FB at Neuqua. I’m a high school football fan who has been going to NV games since it opened. I’d like to think I understand the game just a bit.
Same here. I could go on and on about Ellinghaus dumb calls throughout the years . It’s known all over in NV that he will cause at least one loss a year. It’s expected.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
New to the board (and late to the party), but years ago when my kids went to NV, many of the top athletes in the school chose to focus on other sports and simply didn’t play football (track, baseball, wrestling, swimming, etc). Part of the reason is what has been mentioned by others regarding the football coaching staff. It is/was widely known in the community.

Many of these kids would play at the lower football levels and win almost all their games, then start peeling off from the program. One year IIRC, half the starters on their sophomore team were no longer playing football the next year.

I don’t know if that is still impacting the program or not. This was during the time of the previous staff, but my perception is things haven’t changed much.

Just my $0.02

New to the board (and late to the party), but years ago when my kids went to NV, many of the top athletes in the school chose to focus on other sports and simply didn’t play football (track, baseball, wrestling, swimming, etc). Part of the reason is what has been mentioned by others regarding the football coaching staff. It is/was widely known in the community.

Many of these kids would play at the lower football levels and win almost all their games, then start peeling off from the program. One year IIRC, half the starters on their sophomore team were no longer playing football the next year.

I don’t know if that is still impacting the program or not. This was during the time of the previous staff, but my perception is things haven’t changed much.

Just my $0.02
Most, if not all, of the OL/DL on this year's team played rugby in the spring. NV is a rugby power in the state and extremely well coached.

As for the program, it is still most definitely impacting the program.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT