ADVERTISEMENT

Nazareth 38 St Francis 31 FINAL

DMurph11:

I enjoyed watching this one from my home.

Congrats to Naz on their victory!

Now GFY!
Bold strategy to run your mouth when the last time Carmel played in a semifinal was during Obama’s first term, and the last time they won one not a single player on the current roster was even born.

Do you have Tim Racki fight all your battles for you or just the ones online?

So rumor has it that after finishing with the media Racki went and sat down in his office and called the LT AD who informed Racki that he was not interested. Then he called York’s AD who told him “he could be a position coach on the freshman level but wanted better coaches for the upper levels”. Don’t feel too bad for Tim though as he’ll be playing in the state title game for the 11th time and 7th in the last 9 seasons.

Congrats to Naz. They were the better team today. Like SIU said they made the stops when they needed to on D. Hopefully SF with their returners can be a contender for a title again next year. Should be a great game next week.

Someone check on CCHS-Fan though, he probably hasn’t felt excitement like this since Vanessa Carlton was churning out hit songs. Not sure if his ticker can handle it.

Reactions: tuccs and Wassup13
143-27 combined scores in 8A for 4-5 teams, shouldn’t be in the playoffs. That’s where my initial comment came from and that’s a fact
So are you whinning that the 4-5 teams were out scored and don’t belong in the playoffs or pissed off that the first ever 4-5 team has a coin flip chance to win a state title at 9-5? I guess choosing one makes you a Hypocrite, but interested minds want to know where the problem lies…me thinks the later!

same fact from the start, they shouldn’t be in.

Bump teams up classes to fill the spots. Shouldn’t only be 2 classes to have 4-5 teams in the playoffs

Interesting numbers here, Naz is 9-9 the past two regular seasons. They have a shot at finishing 10-0 in the last two post seasons. Crazy.
The competition you play in the regular season dictates your performance in the post season. Look at the D1AA playoffs as a perfect example. It’s almost like the CCL/ESCC is the equivalent of the MVC. I can’t wait till The BCS goes to a 12 team playoff next year!

The competition you play in the regular season dictates your performance in the post season. Look at the D1AA playoffs as a perfect example. It’s almost like the CCL/ESCC is the equivalent of the MVC. I can’t wait till The BCS goes to a 12 team playoff next year!
I agree. Those numbers tell me that the CCL/ESCC schedule is far more demanding than the state series. And, Naz’s road in the playoffs has been ridiculously difficult the past two post seasons. Truly a remarkable run.

Congrats to Naz. They were the better team today. Like SIU said they made the stops when they needed to on D. Hopefully SF with their returners can be a contender for a title again next year. Should be a great game next week.

Someone check on CCHS-Fan though, he probably hasn’t felt excitement like this since Vanessa Carlton was churning out hit songs. Not sure if his ticker can handle it.

St Francis had a great year too! And this was their first season in the CCL. A great accomplishment!

Certainly a great run but a disappointing year end. Two straight years losing in semis by a TD is tough. But hey, sometimes you run into teams playing better.

Do they move you up a class for making the semis?

I did not know the team was in the semis two years straight. When they left for another conference I lost track if them.

Do they move you up a class for making the semis?

I did not know the team was in the semis two years straight. When they left for another conference I lost track if them.
Lost to Provi last year in 4A and Naz this year in 5A.
I believe it is only Championship game appearances for succes factor.

Reactions: Snetsrak61
Lost to Provi last year in 4A and Naz this year in 5A.
I believe it is only Championship game appearances for succes factor.
Siu,

You are correct! See details below.

What has to happen for a sport or activity program at a non-boundaried school to be subject to the success factor?
1. The success factor will be applied to a program if it wins a state tournament trophy in both years of the two-year window (2017-18 and 2018-19).
The resulting classification will be one class above the lowest classification in which a trophy was won. Thus if a program won one trophy in Class 2A and one in Class 3A, the team would be placed in Class 3A during the next classification cycle.
The success factor usually raises a program's classification. But exceptions can also occur when a program is already competing in the highest class, or when the school's enrollment has increased to the point where it would be placed in a higher class regardless of the success factor.
Waivers and the success factor will be recalculated every two years as part of the reclassification process.

Reactions: chiliconcarne2
Don’t get me wrong I love that Naz is back for a chance to defend the title next week but seriously can we rethink the way we are getting there lately? For the sake of us older, full figured fans at least.

Bad hit on that fair catch from the SF returner. Lucky he wasn’t hurt! Ejected the player but that could have been really bad! No place for that!

Reactions: penlight
Bad hit on that fair catch from the SF returner. Lucky he wasn’t hurt! Ejected the player but that could have been really bad! No place for that!
Stop it. He didn’t see him call a fair catch. It was a freshman trying to make a play in a critical situation. Very thankful the kid wasn’t hurt, it’s obviously a penalty, you assess it and move on.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT