ADVERTISEMENT

Nazareth 38 St Francis 31 FINAL

HT stats per Chris Casey (@ ChrisCasey22x on Twitter )

Naz:
PASSING
Malachuk 8-for-14 for 77 yards, 0TD, 0INT
RUSHING
Tittle 5 rushes for 70 yards, TD
Malachuk 3 for 34, TD
McClain 3 for 28, TD

RECEIVING
Walker 3 receptions for 52 yards

Team 226 yards

St Francis:
PASSING
Milivojevic 9-for-13 for 199 yards, 2TD, 0INT.

RUSHING
Milivojevic 7 rushes for 14 yards
Ransom 7 for 6

RECEIVING
Washington 2 receptions for 102 yards, TD.
Willis 4 for 70, TD

Team 220 yards.

Malachuk with read option keeper and runs wide open up the middle for 25-yard touchdown - his second rushing score of the game.

Nazareth 31 St Francis 17

Milivojevic finds DeShaun Williams for a 32-yard touchdown over the middle.

Nazareth 31 St Francis 24

(instant classic going down in LGP?)

Reactions: eireog
Wow

Milivojevic finds Ian Willis for 28-yard touchdown on 4th and 20 to keep St. Francis season alive. Wow.

Naz starting with ball at own 8 after KO and St Francis has all 3 TO left. This one ain't over. 3:00 left

Naz headed back to state after another 0-4 start and barely making playoffs at 4-5. Unreal. A welcome surprise they were able to best St Francis in the rematch. Sounds like it was a fantastic game by both sides.

Where are the 4-5 & 5-4 teams don't belong in the playoffs people?
You mean like when @Prep writer said:

I don’t get the obsession for Naz either. They are 4-5. People need to stop focusing on the past. They literally got manhandled at home in a game that in normal years would have knocked them out of the postseason.

This aged like a fine bottle of whole milk 😏

Reactions: crazylegs777
I don’t understand the 4-5s don’t belong. Naz would have been 9-0 or 7-2 or 6-3 in 90% of crap conferences. I actually believe Fenwick and Marist who didn’t qualify would have represented better than teams from crap conferences

Reactions: boylanfan33
I don’t understand the 4-5s don’t belong. Naz would have been 9-0 or 7-2 or 6-3 in 90% of crap conferences. I actually believe Fenwick and Marist who didn’t qualify would have represented better than teams from crap conferences
Shocker 2 other teams who recruit kids from all over

• Haha
Reactions: gobears25
Shocker 2 other teams who recruit kids from all over
Lol. I’m a St. Rita alum/fan so we are an equal opportunity playoff foe: Publics and Privates have eliminated us from the playoffs plenty of times. One thing I never did about it was whine about it.

I just stated a fact, 4-5 should be at home.

Move teams up a class to fill spots. Then if you need to allow 4-5 teams in they should all be 1A teams

Not a random cutoff that allow 4-5 teams in the higher classes

Reactions: NNFAN
I just stated a fact, 4-5 should be at home.

Move teams up a class to fill spots. Then if you need to allow 4-5 teams in they should all be 1A teams

Not a random cutoff that allow 4-5 teams in the higher classes
So you’re okay with 4-5 1A teams making the playoffs but no one higher?

143-27 combined scores in 8A for 4-5 teams, shouldn’t be in the playoffs. That’s where my initial comment came from and that’s a fact

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT