ADVERTISEMENT

My Take: Boom Midwest Best of the Best Showcase Part 2

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
My Take: Boom Midwest Best of the Best Part 1

257 Jonas Williams QB 2026 Bolingbrook
- Had one of the most memorable seasons for a freshman I can ever remember....and Williams was just as strong at this event. Williams has a very strong and accurate arm. has good overall feel and just can make all of the required throws all over the field. Huge upside and potential here kids.

259 Jayden Johnson S 2025 Warren Township- One of a handful of impressive looking athlete types from WTHS at this event. Johnson has very good speed and quickness and I'm looking forward to see his growth and development.

260 Diego Gutierrez QB 2024 Riverside-Brookfield- it seems like I've been watching Diego for like 10 years now...(ok not quite) and I liked what I saw from Diego at this event. Gutierrez has grown a few inches since last season and also has added much needed weight and strength. Guterrez has always had a strong and accurate arm and did at this event as well.

269 Chidu Bekee SS 2024 Plainfield East- Great looking athlete on the hoof here with impressive size (6-foot-2, 213 pounds) who also ran and moved well here in positional work. I'm excited to see more from this kid who could end up at say OLB/DE at the high level college.

272 Tysean Griffin CB 2024 Morgan Park- Morgan Park athlete worked out at cornerback and while he was tested more than held his own here. Griffin no question is truly an athlete who is already holding several, offers at more than a few positions (CB/Slot/RB). I'm still mixed when it comes to a position in college for Griffin....but his ovewrall speed and athletic ability remains off the charts here.

273 Chris Durr Jr. WR 2024 Morgan Park- Durr Jr. is also a twitchy speedy athlete who can play on either side of the football. Dutr Jr. still needs to add more weight and good size but his overall speed, hands and full speed all the time play will no question draw lots of looks this winter and spring.

347 Nicholas Arogundade WR 2024 Loyola Academy- Good sixed kid with room to grow as well. Made some nice catches and just looked the part here.

360 DL Braeden Jones DE 2026 Chicago Mount Carmel- I've seen Braeden twice at camps now and he's impressed me both times. Jones has impressive size and strength used his overall quickness and power well in positional drill work. Huge upside here in my opinion.

361 OL Danny Zarco OL 2024 Lyons Township- Another camp familiar face....Zarco always seems to perform well and certainly had a strong showing here. I'm still trying to figure out what Zarco will be positionally and seems like a player who can flip to either side of the football if needed. Again this is a name to watch over the next several months.

362 DE Lesroy Tittle 2026 Nazareth Academy- Had an impressive breakout freshman season on varsity for Nazareth Academy in 2022 and it's easy to see why after this event. Tittle has tremendous quickness and twitch, once he gains the edge he can flat out beat linemen play in and play out....yet Tittle also has plenty in his trick bag to also outfight and beat opposing bigger offensive linemen. Tittle will be a work in progress physically over the next year or two....,but his raw upside and potential is going to be tremendous.

363 LB Jovan Clark LB 2025 Morgan Park- Clark is another well known name on my recruiting radar screen. Clark has a great mix of speed and strength, runs really well to the football and just gets after it. The biggest question will be if Clark still has some physical growing still to do, yet regardless I love his game here.

436 Johnathan Mayfield DL 2024 Hoffman Estates- Had an eye opening performance here as well as at my showcase on Monday. Mayfield is a good size kid with an impressive mix of strength and power and his overall balance/footwork is also a plus. Mayfield was at times unblockable and still has room to get better.

439 Rico Schrieber OT 2026 Chicago Marist- Huge young man here (6-foot-7. 338 pounds) who is still learning the game and the position but who also at time3s flashes some real potential and better things to come. Rico still needs to cut and transfer bad weight into good weight...but what caught my attention was his feet and his overall mobility. Schrieber is not a slow footed kid and was pretty solid overall here. Yes....still a lot of work needs to be done but I saw the same from others at this stage who got it figured out (Miles McVay among others).

442 Alexander Poholik 2024 OL Mount Carmel- Had a very strong showing here as well as at my showcase on Monday. Alex will no question wind up as an interior OL in college. Possesses really good quick feet and hands, engages the defender well and his strength and punch was impressive here. Poholik battled all comers here, stole a ton of reps at my showcase and will be a name to watch for the FBS/FCS level schools this spring and summer.

445 Cameron Brooks 2025 DT Homewood-Flossmoor- Big, strong kid who had a good showing. I was impressed with his well Brooks moved here and his quick get off was really strong. Brooks still has a lot more to learn from a pass rush moves standpoint but his tools and ability is there no question.

449 Jarve Bay 2025 DL Homewood Flossmoor- Bay is another 2025 name at H-F to watch this spring and summer. Bay also has good size and strength, moves well and can be an effective linemen on really either side of the football for the Vikings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News