ADVERTISEMENT

Morris 39 - SHG 36. FINAL

I don't want to join this ficticious debate about how Morris would do against Rochester, but I will point out something that hasn't been discussed.

Morris is a very physical team and I don't know if a team like Rochester could handle that with their depth and numbers. Kind of like what happened when they scheduled Loyola.

Back to your ficticious debate.

Go ahead. My opinion! If you think it’s stupid ok you have your homer opinion. I don’t have a dog in this fight.
princess-bride-zorro.gif

• Haha
Reactions: chiliconcarne2
Go ahead. My opinion! If you think it’s stupid ok you have your homer opinion. I don’t have a dog in this fight.
Look at you trying to leverage.

You do absolutely zero research on a thought before making a comment. Rochester played exactly one 4A team during the regular season. They played five teams which made the playoffs. One of them was a 4A squad. And they went undefeated thus far. Another interesting factoid is they put a running clock on a team which just made the quarterfinals in 6A. So, not only has Rochester played above 4A; they’ve won a state championship in 5A; and they are undefeated overall, disproving your comment. Your opinion is not only stupid, it’s foundationless and created out of emotion.

I remember your comments from 2019 prior to the 5A state final. How quiet you were from the third-quarter on. Best for you to just take a seat the rest of the way. The Rockets may lose their next game. They may lose their semifinal game. They may lose in the final against IC Catholic. But what is for certain is you’ve lost rational thought in this thread. Sit down.

You do absolutely zero research on a thought before making a comment. Rochester played exactly one 4A team during the regular season. They played five teams which made the playoffs. One of them was a 4A squad. And they went undefeated thus far. Another interesting factoid is they put a running clock on a team which just made the quarterfinals in 6A. So, not only has Rochester played above 4A; they’ve won a state championship in 5A; and they are undefeated overall, disproving your comment. Your opinion is not only stupid, it’s foundationless and created out of emotion.

I remember your comments from 2019 prior to the 5A state final. How quiet you were from the third-quarter on. Best for you to just take a seat the rest of the way. The Rockets may lose their next game. They may lose their semifinal game. They may lose in the final against IC Catholic. But what is for certain is you’ve lost rational thought in this thread. Sit down.
Look at you getting all big on a small team level. Move up if you think you’re all that good.

• Haha
Reactions: cigaros
Boy you guys sure get butt hurt easily. Still smarting after the LA whopping when you guys were way to full of yourself thinking you could hang with 8A. I am sorry you can’t even request up a class.
If you want to be the best play the best or just shut up. 😊

Look at you getting all big on a small team level. Move up if you think you’re all that good.
Boy you guys sure get butt hurt easily. Still smarting after the LA whopping when you guys were way to full of yourself thinking you could hang with 8A. I am sorry you can’t even request up a class.
You’re a Little boozed up aye?!

Lol dude. You're so pathetic. Everyone laughs at you. Your posts today are extremely embarrassing; lay off the sauce.

I don't want to join this ficticious debate about how Morris would do against Rochester, but I will point out something that hasn't been discussed.

Morris is a very physical team and I don't know if a team like Rochester could handle that with their depth and numbers. Kind of like what happened when they scheduled Loyola.

Back to your ficticious debate.
Coal City is also a physical team as Morris knows. Morris beat them 43 to 3 in the first game of the season. Rochester beat Coal city 45 to 3 last night.

Come to think of it, Rochester also beat Morris in a pretty important game. Do you remember it? Physicality is not a problem for Rochester. One would think after 15 straight seasons of making the quarterfinals or better, this assumption would dissipate. in fact, Rochester is 8-0 against the best the north has to offer in title games.

Given you can’t get over the fact your only plans on Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving are black Friday shopping, we’re not gonna worry about your opinion. But, you seriously expected to escape unanswered on your emotional rather than fact laden comments?

All.... Stop. You play 4A postseason ball. And will NEVER play up!( petition) Congrats on you small ball title but again. Know this. The ungappy publics in 4A are coming. Sf.... LOl Ratsy

Coal City is also a physical team as Morris knows. Morris beat them 43 to 3 in the first game of the season. Rochester beat Coal city 45 to 3 last night.

Come to think of it, Rochester also beat Morris in a pretty important game. Do you remember it? Physicality is not a problem for Rochester. One would think after 15 straight seasons of making the quarterfinals or better, this assumption would dissipate. in fact, Rochester is 8-0 against the best the north has to offer in title games.

Coal city is very very physical….

They play a 5A/6A schedule and then drop down to 4A for the playoffs. Derek would prefer to be a big fish in a little pond than face a challenge.

The 2017 title game was a good one and Rochester definitely did not like the physicality of Morris, that I do remember. If memory serves, Morris held Rochester to their lowest point total and the mighty Rockets needed a last second FG to beat a Morris team that had 2 regular season losses that year. Wasn't that Rochester team also labeled as one of their best offensive teams?

Also, if you thought Coal City was physical then facing Morris would be a rude awakening.

All.... Stop. You play 4A postseason ball. And will NEVER play up!( petition) Congrats on you small ball title but again. Know this. The ungappy publics in 4A are coming. Sf.... LOl Ratsy
Thank you cornerrat.
I am glad I am not the only one who notices this. Private or public I want fair play. I don’t like it when schools/fans pound their chests for continually playing to win state championship and collecting trophies when they know they will win easily. It’s different when teams like ESL tries to play up but are limited by the conference they are in. Look at LA. They move themselves up to 8A . Totally respect them!

They play a 5A/6A schedule and then drop down to 4A for the playoffs. Derek would prefer to be a big fish in a little pond than face a challenge.

The 2017 title game was a good one and Rochester definitely did not like the physicality of Morris, that I do remember. If memory serves, Morris held Rochester to their lowest point total and the mighty Rockets needed a last second FG to beat a Morris team that had 2 regular season losses that year. Wasn't that Rochester team also labeled as one of their best offensive teams?
The difference between your comment and many from others is that you used facts and did a little research. Again, no one is discounting Morris. However, when the games are only 47 minutes 56 seconds, you let me know.

Morris deserves to be in the quarterfinals this year. but after seeing them, I don’t believe they beat this year‘s version of the Rockets either.

Thank you cornerrat.
I am glad I am not the only one who notices this. Private or public I want fair play. I don’t like it when schools/fans pound their chests for continually playing to win state championship and collecting trophies when they know they will win easily. It’s different when teams like ESL tries to play up but are limited by the conference they are in. Look at LA. They move themselves up to 8A . Totally respect them!
You're so misinformed that I don't know why anyone bothers responding to you in good faith. Loyola is the 10th largest enrollment school in the 8a playoffs (with the multiplayer). They aren't petitioning up.

Thank you cornerrat.
Try to use relevant analogies. I went to a school very similar to Loyola. And they should be moved up and play up. I used to be one of those kids who recruited, lol. And not only were we doubled due to being all boys, but we were also given a multiplier.

Everyone uses the East St. Louis example and yet no one else volunteers to play East St. Louis, except MC. In fact, I have yet to see Loyola volunteer to travel south to play the Flyers. Weird. why isn’t Barrington firing up the buses? Why isn’t Lincolnway East or West? in fact, choose any of your CCL schools and ask that same question. Because as of yet, I haven’t seen your beloved Saint Rita, load up the buses, jump on an Amtrak, or hop on Southwest for the quick trip down south.

But then, again, people like you continually comment emotionally rather than using facts. How is it that a school in a town of 5000 continually draws your ire well not losing more than two games in any season over the last 15 seasons? This sounds like a you problem.

Reminder, Envy is one of the seven deadly sins.

Last edited:
You're so misinformed that I don't know why anyone bothers responding to you in good faith. Loyola is the 10th largest enrollment school in the 8a playoffs (with the multiplayer). They aren't petitioning up.
They actually are petitioned up

You first

I did not get to see the game online today. Shitty service were I was working. Definitely a little surprised by this score. Can someone give me a game recap. Id love to hear how both played and how it ended being a closer game than I thought.

I did not get to see the game online today. Shitty service were I was working. Definitely a little surprised by this score. Can someone give me a game recap. Id love to hear how both played and how it ended being a closer game than I thought.

Reactions: 4Afan
They petitioned up ahead of time to stay in 8a in '21 '22 seasons after losing the multiplier due to no playoffs in the covid year. By enrollment and multiplier they are a top half 8a team. That was the same reason IC and Joliet are listed as petitioning up to their typical classes for those two seasons.

Reactions: morrisredskinz
Not even a Rochester fan, but citing a Loyola game that Rochester:
-played on the road
-had an extreme enrollment disadvantage
-took last minute to fill a schedule gap

…isn’t a very compelling argument. Rochester beat the brakes off a 6A quarter finalist this very season, and the very first time they went 5A for postseason they cruised to chip, hung 40 on Rita, and it wasn’t particularly close. SHG fan so I don’t have a dog in the fight, but Ignorant argument in my opinion…Rochester doesn’t have size to compete 7/8A, but they’d be just fine against nearly every 5A just about any year.

The difference between your comment and many from others is that you used facts and did a little research. Again, no one is discounting Morris. However, when the games are only 47 minutes 56 seconds, you let me know.

Morris deserves to be in the quarterfinals this year. but after seeing them, I don’t believe they beat this year‘s version of the Rockets either.
All.... Amusing after being bent over and ravaged (you) from one of your own (GN) that wouldn't dare engage me you have an umm comment. SHG and Morris would send the Rockets packing in postseasaon play.

Go get that small ball title, Maybe if your enrollment gets smaller then it's 3A. lol. Ta ta Have to run. Ratsy

• Haha
Morris offense did what they wanted for much of the game, a couple turnovers, including one on the opening drive, slowed them a little.

Defense had real issues, mainly with the WR screen. SHG had one long pass for a TD, but the rest the QB, who is very talented just got the ball to his WR's and let them run. Morris was scared to get burned deep so they refused to play close to the WR's at the line. SHG had a good game plan and executed well and had no turnovers and very few penalties.

It was a quality game that could have gone either way, but the story was Morris' inability to stop the pass. TBD on how serious the injury to Swartz is. Came out in the 2nd half with an arm/shoulder injury, but kept trying to come back in and had the winning TD.

Reactions: 89morrisgrad
All.... Amusing after being bent over and ravaged (you) from one of your own (GN) that wouldn't dare engage me you have an umm comment. SHG and Morris would send the Rockets packing in postseasaon play.

Go get that small ball title, Maybe if your enrollment gets smaller then it's 3A. lol. Ta ta Have to run. Ratsy
Are you drunk? Did GrossNoises™️ take over your account to start larping as an SHG fan? Claiming that SHG would send Rochester packing 15 days after Rochester beat SHG by two scores is such an oblivious take it has to be a troll

Not even a Rochester fan, but citing a Loyola game that Rochester:
-played on the road
-had an extreme enrollment disadvantage
-took last minute to fill a schedule gap

…isn’t a very compelling argument. Rochester beat the brakes off a 6A quarter finalist this very season, and the very first time they went 5A for postseason they cruised to chip, hung 40 on Rita, and it wasn’t particularly close. SHG fan so I don’t have a dog in the fight, but Ignorant argument in my opinion…Rochester doesn’t have size to compete 7/8A, but they’d be just fine against nearly every 5A just about any year.
All.... Derek has only made a couple of mistakes in my opinion over the years. Foolish to play Loyola. The faithful yapped it will make us better. Arrogance. (lol) (2) Loss to Althoff late by not going to the one Cox brother instead of the tall receiver with crappy hands in corner. And last riding that half dead stud qb hurt against SHG. Happy the injuries occured from overuse were not permanent . Stop that! Ratsy

Try to use relevant analogies. I went to a school very similar to Loyola. And they should be moved up and play up. I used to be one of those kids who recruited, lol. And not only were we doubled due to being all boys, but we were also given a multiplier.

Everyone uses the East St. Louis example and yet no one else volunteers to play East St. Louis, except MC. In fact, I have yet to see Loyola volunteer to travel south to play the Flyers. Weird. why isn’t Barrington firing up the buses? Why isn’t Lincolnway East or West? in fact, choose any of your CCL schools and ask that same question. Because as of yet, I haven’t seen your beloved Saint Rita, load up the buses, jump on an Amtrak, or hop on Southwest for the quick trip down south.

But then, again, people like you continually comment emotionally rather than using facts. How is it that a school in a town of 5000 continually draws your ire well not losing more than two games in any season over the last 15 seasons? This sounds like a you problem.

Reminder, Envy is one of the seven deadly sins.
Montini has played ESL a handful of times. Have a seat.

All.... Congrats to the Redskins! The bugaboo for the Cycs this year was always pass defense. Young and learning. Morris qb on long third and fourth down killed the Cycs.

Happy to meet DiveTwin at the tailgate! Ratsy
Damn, it was great to meet you Ratsy. And as we discussed, when you play a program like SHG on their home field, you expect a hell of a game. And it was. IMO we survived the game more than won it - felt to me SHG controlled most of the game. Perhaps fortunate for 2023 Morris to learn the lesson of resiliency when finally playing a tight game (and behind much of it) and against one of the great programs - as another titan (arguably THE program) looms next week. Hopefully it reminds the 2023 'Skins that Morris is also a program with a history and tradition to be reckoned with. Each week requires the focus and will to get it done. Today was a day we needed that in spades. Next week will be another.

I find your comment amusing. Did you think about its wording as you prepare for basketball season? You've been an angry elf for the entirety of your short playoff run. So, I must ask, Do you rescind the leadership scholarships for the players who led you to nothing other than an early out in preparation for basketball season? I just pieced it together....that Gross Noises dude is your brother from that rest stop restroom moneymaking scheme his mother was involved with. Are you his twin brother from that evening of the opportune milkshake she endured?

---Asking for a friend who was one of those "leadership scholarship" winners at a more successful program---

Last edited:
Montini has played ESL a handful of times. Have a seat.
That's one, and it's less than a handful. (3 games) Plus, the example I gave from his year. Waiting on the rest of the Northern bracket to offer up their examples of regular season voluntary matchups. You know, since that example is always given. Btw, since fact checking is not your forte, you could've looked it up. The answer is two of the vaunted CCL teams in the regular season. Montini and PC were the only programs.

Benet, PC, Laurence, and De LaSalle faced them in the playoffs. This is too easy when dealing with an emotional opposition.

Back in the corner for you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT