ADVERTISEMENT

Morris 2024 schedule

4Afan

Sep 15, 2001
Looks like Morris still has an opening for week 9.

Week 1, Friday 8/30 - Coal City
Week 2, Friday 9/6 - @ Joliet West
Week 3, Friday 9/13 - Peoria
Week 4, Friday 9/20 - @ Lasalle Peru
Week 5, Friday 9/27 - Kaneland
Week 6, Friday 10/4 - @ Rochelle
Week 7, Friday 10/11 - Ottawa
Week 8, Friday 10/18 - @Sycamore
Week 9 - TBD

Reactions: Gene K.
All... Week three in Morris will be rockin! I saw they had scheduled the Lions a couple of months ago. The Lakers of Camdenton H.S. (MO.) are still looking for a 10-25 game unless it has been recently filled. Of course it's a six hour drive. Maybe they would play on Sat. Oy! Ratsy☺️

Reactions: 4Afan
Looks like Morris still has an opening for week 9.

Week 1, Friday 8/30 - Coal City
Week 2, Friday 9/6 - @ Joliet West
Week 3, Friday 9/13 - Peoria
Week 4, Friday 9/20 - @ Lasalle Peru
Week 5, Friday 9/27 - Kaneland
Week 6, Friday 10/4 - @ Rochelle
Week 7, Friday 10/11 - Ottawa
Week 8, Friday 10/18 - @Sycamore
Week 9 - TBD
I thought Sycamore/Morris was a lock for week 9 game forever....pretty sure this is last year for Morris/Coal City too.

Did the 2 Woodstock schools leave conference?

Last edited:
I thought Sycamore/Morris was a lock for week 9 game forever....pretty sure this is last year for Morris/Coal City too.

Did the 2 Woodstock schools leave conference?
I'm guessing both Woodstocks moved on and that pushed the Sycamore game up to week 8.

I hope this is the last year for Coal City. It was nice to have them on the schedule the first couple of years but it hasn't been competitive lately.

Peoria game will help in long run I believe...finding week 9 game will be tough though.

It would be nice to see Geneva and Morris play once again for old times sake. The winner of that game used to decide the Little 7 champion (with Plainfield in there once in a while too) every year for like 10+ years.
Haven’t played since ‘06.

It would be nice to see Geneva and Morris play once again for old times sake. The winner of that game used to decide the Little 7 champion (with Plainfield in there once in a while too) every year for like 10+ years.
Haven’t played since ‘06.
Couldn't agree more. I've been saying that Morris needs to schedule teams from the old Little 7 for their non conference games. While all of those schools except for Sycamore have exploded and are now much bigger than Morris they would still be good games in my opinion, with the exception of Batavia. Morris wouldn't dominate like they used to, but they can play with Geneva, Minooka, Plainfield, and Oswego.

Reactions: all4theillini
Oof, this late in the game it will likely come to something like that, but boy would that game be ugly.

I just checked ihsa.org and had no idea Morris’ enrollment is still only 848. That’s what it was in the late 80s! It’s like the school is stuck in a time capsule where it doesn’t grow or decline.

I just checked ihsa.org and had no idea Morris’ enrollment is still only 848. That’s what it was in the late 80s! It’s like the school is stuck in a time capsule where it doesn’t grow or decline.
That's when Morris experienced any kind of growth, but honestly there's not much room for the town to grow with the exception of to the west. They've grown as much as they can to the east before you hit Minooka and to the north before it becomes Yorkville. There isn't much room to the south before it would become Coal City school district.

That and people in Morris want the small town atmosphere. There have been developers that have tried to grow the town with new subdivisions, but typically those aren't well received.

That's when Morris experienced any kind of growth, but honestly there's not much room for the town to grow with the exception of to the west. They've grown as much as they can to the east before you hit Minooka and to the north before it becomes Yorkville. There isn't much room to the south before it would become Coal City school district.

That and people in Morris want the small town atmosphere. There have been developers that have tried to grow the town with new subdivisions, but typically those aren't well received.
How far north of 80 does Morris pull from? There’s an awful lot of empty space before you hit Yorkville along 47.
Hit BDubs, over 80, pass the airport and then it seems like forever to get to Yorkville. I thought the same thing south…quite a bit of land before you enter Mazon.

How far north of 80 does Morris pull from? There’s an awful lot of empty space before you hit Yorkville along 47.
Hit BDubs, over 80, pass the airport and then it seems like forever to get to Yorkville. I thought the same thing south…quite a bit of land before you enter Mazon.
You're not wrong. I just used Yorkville as it was the closest that offers football. Just north of Morris would be Newark school district which would kick in just north of the airport. Morris to Yorkville is about 15 miles but Newark is in between.

Mazon is actually Seneca school district. The border to the south would be Dupont Rd. I believe.

Not sure how accurate this is, but this is what comes up when I search for the Morris school district map.

data=FaqwYihEML0RQz12DJ7X2xYLHr56NvM37Fvy6mFzBikD9mX3uXU-8hDzAMhmv9YndsYbatq1a_VQ_PL1YmwgF1L-XPNOgK_df4B58n66bUydT92sLnIkI_VEA0tbNGQmUPKtX3Ie8A-g7Mujz2WKXvzme7gW19_4IH_MMn13gDD5M_F09nUvKPGTXDsSBUCaxAol7Ep8px2y8lRAcPbZXSKTCYe5JA_0f11LcW0MNfefqzD2OeKTnwgBSLyfolMT13icKRln7F4htbBMxxT4IUHfniRUfC_QMCg

You're not wrong. I just used Yorkville as it was the closest that offers football. Just north of Morris would be Newark school district which would kick in just north of the airport. Morris to Yorkville is about 15 miles but Newark is in between.

Mazon is actually Seneca school district. The border to the south would be Dupont Rd. I believe.

Not sure how accurate this is, but this is what comes up when I search for the Morris school district map.

data=FaqwYihEML0RQz12DJ7X2xYLHr56NvM37Fvy6mFzBikD9mX3uXU-8hDzAMhmv9YndsYbatq1a_VQ_PL1YmwgF1L-XPNOgK_df4B58n66bUydT92sLnIkI_VEA0tbNGQmUPKtX3Ie8A-g7Mujz2WKXvzme7gW19_4IH_MMn13gDD5M_F09nUvKPGTXDsSBUCaxAol7Ep8px2y8lRAcPbZXSKTCYe5JA_0f11LcW0MNfefqzD2OeKTnwgBSLyfolMT13icKRln7F4htbBMxxT4IUHfniRUfC_QMCg
Interesting. Newark has to pull from quite a few sq. miles them. Wow.

Interesting. Newark has to pull from quite a few sq. miles them. Wow.
Yeah, there's a lot of land up that way. They just opened a huge distributions center across from the airport and wouldn't be surprised to see more come in the future.

The other thing you have to remember is that towns like Morris, Seneca, Mazon, Newark, etc. are still very much farming communities that have no desire to have their land turned into subdivisions. There's a reason that when opponents come to Morris they call us corn fed hillbillies ;)

• Haha
All.... Here is a good one that just popped up on the Ihsa open dates board and it's only eighty miles down the road. Rochelle is looking for a two year but would settle for one. And they would play all levels. I'd get on the phone and grab it. That would be a nice tune up game for the Skins and Hubs entering into postseason play. Ratsy

All.... Here is a good one that just popped up on the Ihsa open dates board and it's only eighty miles down the road. Rochelle is looking for a two year but would settle for one. And they would play all levels. I'd get on the phone and grab it. That would be a nice tune up game for the Skins and Hubs entering into postseason play. Ratsy
They play each other in week 6. That is Morris' conference crossover game this year. I suppose they could play again in week 9 and have a home and home.

They play each other in week 6. That is Morris' conference crossover game this year. I suppose they could play again in week 9 and have a home and home.
All.... That would be cool. A second chance for one of the two to win in the regular season. And since it's a non con game each still have the opportunity of winning their respective conference. Ratsy

Yeah, there's a lot of land up that way. They just opened a huge distributions center across from the airport and wouldn't be surprised to see more come in the future.

The other thing you have to remember is that towns like Morris, Seneca, Mazon, Newark, etc. are still very much farming communities that have no desire to have their land turned into subdivisions. There's a reason that when opponents come to Morris they call us corn fed hillbillies ;)
I haven’t driven down 47 for the last few years so didn’t know about that distribution center until recently. I’ve been heading south on Ashley Rd lately. I hit Morris and drive along a waste site. Right at the stop sign, along the stream until I make a left on 47.

Yorkville had gotten so built up it was taking forever to get through town so now prefer to drive a bit east through the corn fields.

I haven’t driven down 47 for the last few years so didn’t know about that distribution center until recently. I’ve been heading south on Ashley Rd lately. I hit Morris and drive along a waste site. Right at the stop sign, along the stream until I make a left on 47.

Yorkville had gotten so built up it was taking forever to get through town so now prefer to drive a bit east through the corn fields.
Yorkville has always been a pain to get through on 47. I will say that it is so much better between Morris and Yorkville now that 47 is four lanes between the two.

We just say that about the women.

Looks like Morris has found a Week 9 opponent in Byron Center High School out of Michigan. Other than seeing they went 10-2 last year and Max Preps ranking them as the #17 school in Michigan, I know nothing about them. Anybody familiar with their program?

Looks like Morris has found a Week 9 opponent in Byron Center High School out of Michigan. Other than seeing they went 10-2 last year and Max Preps ranking them as the #17 school in Michigan, I know nothing about them. Anybody familiar with their program?
At Morris?

Nice. I see they're out of the Grand Rapids area so I assume it will be a Saturday game.

All.... The Bulldogs are showing this game Friday 10-25 at 6PM. (Michigan Time) A three hour drive from Morris. Looks like a half day of school for the Skins football team. Ratsy

Yeah but WHY is it 45mph along that stretch?!? :mad::mad::mad:
For real. Twice a year I drive that stretch. Drives me nuts. Always stay in Morris, then make the 30 (less than) minute drive to Whitetail Ridge GC southeast of Yorkville on 126. Interesting area imo, reminds me of Central IL where I reside. Very much the same vibe, decent size populations, corn and bean in between, a decent golf course every hour or so, lol.

Reactions: 4Afan and EdgyTim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT