Tommy Schutt starting at DT for Ohio State
Johnny Caspers starting OL at Stanford
Jordan Walsh starting OL at Iowa
Chris Watt starting for the SD Chargers
Nathan Marcus getting plenty of time at TE for Vandy
Hayden Carlson playing nickle at Yale
Ruben Dunbar is playing DE and NIU

I know I am missing someone

Also saw Ian Bunting from HC doing well and Mich and the Allen brothers at Mich St
Cap, You forgot GW Hayden Lekacz doing kickoffs at Vandy

Fahn Cooper, #74 starting Left Tackle on Ole Miss is from Crystal Lake South. Big game against Bama tonight. Sean Folliard, LB at NIU who had a pick today against OSU, is a Prairie Ridge grad.
Cooper only started at LT because Laremy Tunsil is suspended. Cooper has had an interesting route

New Cap, You forgot GW Hayden Lekacz doing kickoffs at Vandy

I did intentionally because I was undermining my "West lacks talent" argument and I needed to keep the number down.

I also forgot Andrew Larkin playing at Harvard I believe.

you realize, very very few programs produce even 1 d1 player. when i say very few, i mean very very very very few.

GW has more talent than 99 of the teams in the state.

I realize that GW has produced some great ball players. I also have seen so many kids go from being backups on the JV junior year to become all-area in their senior year. Those kids didn't possess D1-D3 talent. Yet when they step into that system, they play well beyond their "talent."

I could go on about how Hetlett intentionally ensures he has at least 6-8 junior starters every year so that he doesn't get caught graduating 22 starters. I will admit GW has studs, but I stand by GWs victory per stud ratio against anyone.

Last edited:
A few years ago Vernon Hills had two receivers, one headed to ND, the other Ohio State. I don't recall their names, anyone know how they are doing?

Former Friar,Ryan Smith Sophomore at Miami of Ohio had 2 receiving TD's this week against Cincinnati.

A few years ago Vernon Hills had two receivers, one headed to ND, the other Ohio State. I don't recall their names, anyone know how they are doing?
DaVaris Daniels got waived by the Vikings and Pats. Evan Spencer was signed and then released due to injury by the Redskins.

DaVaris Daniels got waived by the Vikings and Pats. Evan Spencer was signed and then released due to injury by the Redskins.
LOL, I guess that WAS a few years ago. I though they were still in college.

From Wheaton North, Lake Bachar, kicker and punter. Also plays on baseball team (pitcher). Not D1, but powerhouse DIII.

From Lyons Township - Jake Elliot kicker at Memphis. All conference 2x. Longest FG 56 yards.

Evan Spencer had a good career at Ohio State and was drafted by the Redskins but got injured and released. Davaris Daniels got booted from ND for "academic dishonesty" and went undrafted

Jake Bernstein of CL South started for Vanderbilt on the O-Line yesterday. His teammate and good friend at CL South was Cooper Fahn, who started on the O-Line for Ole Miss in their game against each other yesterday.

Jake Bernstein of CL South started for Vanderbilt on the O-Line yesterday. His teammate and good friend at CL South was Cooper Fahn, who started on the O-Line for Ole Miss in their game against each other yesterday.
Fahn is his first name...

Is there a bigger college football star from IL than Treadwell right now?

Is there a bigger college football star from IL than Treadwell right now?

It could be argued pretty successfully that Jack Allen is the best center in the country, not sure if LT is quite the best WR, as Corey Davis and Jordy Westy are having better statistical years. He's up there right now though, as he's doing it against SEC competition.

Great list Idea

Best IL Players in CFB in 2015

1. Jack Allen
2. LT
3. Ethan Pocic
4. Corey Davis
5. Dean Lowry
6. Jordan Westerkamp
7. Justin Jackson
8. Steve Richardson
9. Dan Voltz
10. Josh Ferguson
11. Simmie Cobbs
12. Mike Lucas,
13. Nick Mangieri
14. Jordan Walsh
15. James Butler

It could be argued pretty successfully that Jack Allen is the best center in the country, not sure if LT is quite the best WR, as Corey Davis and Jordy Westy are having better statistical years. He's up there right now though, as he's doing it against SEC competition.

Great list Idea

Best IL Players in CFB in 2015

1. Jack Allen
2. LT
3. Ethan Pocic
4. Corey Davis
5. Dean Lowry
6. Jordan Westerkamp
7. Justin Jackson
8. Steve Richardson
9. Dan Voltz
10. Josh Ferguson
11. Simmie Cobbs
12. Mike Lucas,
13. Nick Mangieri
14. Jordan Walsh
15. James Butler
IF Dudek was healthy, I would say he would be somewhere 5-10, what would you say?

Reactions: all4theillini
IF Dudek was healthy, I would say he would be somewhere 5-10, what would you say?

Right ahead of Westerkamp, but below Davis and Lowry.

I'm not an Illini guy, despite my sister and other family going there, but I root for local kids that go there 100%. I PRAY he comes back 100%, because he was on pace for a silly career. I hope the new staff keeps a passing offense, just so he can stay productive in the slot.

He would have been arguably the best SLOT WR in the country, I just love Corey Davis as a player. He's awesome, and Dudek wasn't there yet.

WWS last season had both Davis's, and Dan Vitale at H-Back. That's a winning trio right there.

This season you still can have a killer DVC skill group with Thorson, JJ, Corey Davis, Vitale, and Troy Fumagalli [who's not playing much but I think will pan out]

Lets See: Crete Monee

Laquon Treadwell- Ole Miss
Nyles Morgan- Notre Dame
Jaylen Dunlap- U of I
Chris Slayton- Syracuse
Matt Finnin- Nebraska
Lance Lenoir -Western Ill
Anthony Standifer- EIU
Tre Smith- EIU
Jonathan Draper EIU
Deon Smith -Lincoln University
Tracey Whitehead -SJU
Josh Mckaskill -SJU

With Several D1 underclassmen to go!
Crete will be the first stop for recruiters believe me !

That's a pretty impressive list for a school the size of CM that maybe wouldn't be thought of as a long time Illinois football powerhouse. (Not trying to say anything negative)

Nyles Morgan- Notre Dame
Jaylen Dunlap- U of I
Chris Slayton- Syracuse
Matt Finnin- Nebraska
Anthony Standifer- EIU
Tre Smith- EIU
Jonathan Draper EIU
Tracey Whitehead -SJU
Josh Mckaskill -SJU

That's a pretty impressive list for a school the size of CM that maybe wouldn't be thought of as a long time Illinois football powerhouse. (Not trying to say anything negative)
No offense taken. We have been blessed with very athletic kids who have bought into the program. Every BCS school has been inside our campus the last 4 years. And the next three years it should continue.

Nyles Morgan- Notre Dame
Jaylen Dunlap- U of I
Chris Slayton- Syracuse
Matt Finnin- Nebraska
Anthony Standifer- EIU
Tre Smith- EIU
Jonathan Draper EIU
Tracey Whitehead -SJU
Josh Mckaskill -SJU

Wow, Standifer at EIU. Did he go straight there? I remember when UM toyed with him, and Ole Miss. It was a sad situation IMO.

He started at Ole Miss, but he had some issues and followed one of Ole Miss assistant coaches to EIU. He is very happy there

Given Crete's run of talent and what they have in the pipeline, you really have to wonder what Jerry Verde thinks of his decision to leave Crete for Marian Catholic. I know Marian is his alma mater, but Marian does not even have the numbers to field a Freshmen team this year. Yikes...

U of San Diego Tackle, Fenwick Grad Daniel Cooney scored Saturday on a tackle eligible. Gotta love the big guys getting some love and pub 6'8" 315lbs

Reactions: epicbret and USD24
U of San Diego Tackle, Fenwick Grad Daniel Cooney scored Saturday on a tackle eligible. Gotta love the big guys getting some love and pub 6'8" 315lbs

Nice to see a Chicago area kid doin well at USD!! Great place to go to school!

Given Crete's run of talent and what they have in the pipeline, you really have to wonder what Jerry Verde thinks of his decision to leave Crete for Marian Catholic. I know Marian is his alma mater, but Marian does not even have the numbers to field a Freshmen team this year. Yikes...
Jerry followed his dream. I'm am an Alumni to. But I know the politics behind the screen.

Ohio State at Indiana right now on ABC -- 5 players who attended Montini on these rosters....

Ohio State

Dylan Thompson
Mike Maduko

Indiana

Nile Sykes
Simmie Cobbs
Leon Thornton

True. Never played football at Montini. He played basketball at Montini. Probably would have beat SHG two years ago in the state title game if Simmie were on the team.

Wassup

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT