ADVERTISEMENT

Local Kids succeeding at the next level

CCLB sucks

Nice to see past IHSA studs playing well and big time programs at the next level. Jordan Westerkamp has had a great career over at Nebraska, and has been a human highlight reel at times. Ethan Pocic out of Lemont just took home SEC lineman of the week last week over at LSU, and his Lemont buddy Flynn Nagel is getting time for coach fitz and the Go Cats as a true freshman. The next name we may start seeing a lot is Nic Weishar out of Marist. He is currently 3rd on Notre Dames Depth Chart, but with injury to top TE Durham Smythe, this could be Weishar's time to shine. Weishar now becomes arguably the top receiving threat out of TE's. Hope to continue seeing other Illinois kids succeed at the College level. Maybe Boykin will be the next emerging star.

Jeff Adams, Lyons Township to Columbia to starting for the Houston Texans

Kenny Golladay, Rita to NDakota to NIU is going to tear up 2015.

James Butler of Bartlett/Francis is a often used number two at Nevada and should do well.

Brian Hill of Peoria (I think) is Wyoming's star

Aurora Christian has 4 kids at NIU right now - 3 of them are starting...
#28 Joel Bouagnon is the starting Tail Back
#24 Brandon Mayes is a starting Corner Back
#82 Chad Beebe is starting Slot Receiver and Punt Return
#1 Anthony Maddie is the back-up QB

Not bad for a school with only 280 kids in it.

From GW at the bigger schools you have
Tommy Schutt starting at DT for Ohio State
Johnny Caspers starting OL at Stanford
Jordan Walsh starting OL at Iowa
Chris Watt starting for the SD Chargers
Nathan Marcus getting plenty of time at TE for Vandy
Hayden Carlson playing nickle at Yale
Ruben Dunbar is playing DE and NIU

I know I am missing someone

Also saw Ian Bunting from HC doing well and Mich and the Allen brothers at Mich St

Thanks for all the addition guys. I was just naming a few to get everything started, and I didn't even think about the guys who have gone Pro.
You got Tevin Coleman - Oak Forest - Atlanta Falcons
Bruce Gaston - St. Rita - Green Bay Packers
Darius Fleming - St. Rita - New England Patriots....
and more

Montini (not sure the status of most of these guys and I ain't looking it up)

Westerkamp @ Nebraska
J. Adams @ Iowa
N. Sykes @ IU
Thornton @IU
A. Harte @ Minnesota
M. Maduko @ Ohio St
M. Johnson @ Yale
Weissenhofer @ Northwestern
Norgle @ Wake Forest
Tumpane @ Dayton
Borsellino @ WIU
G. Branch @EIU
Lowery @EIU

Thanks for all the addition guys. I was just naming a few to get everything started, and I didn't even think about the guys who have gone Pro.
You got Tevin Coleman - Oak Forest - Atlanta Falcons
Bruce Gaston - St. Rita - Green Bay Packers
Darius Fleming - St. Rita - New England Patriots....
and more
David Molk--Lemont-Philadelphia Eagles

The next name we may start seeing a lot is Nic Weishar out of Marist. He is currently 3rd on Notre Dames Depth Chart, but with injury to top TE Durham Smythe, this could be Weishar's time to shine. Weishar now becomes arguably the top receiving threat out of TE's.

This isn't even close to true. ND just landed the highest rated TE in a number of years in true Frosh Alize Jones. Jones has been ahead of Weishar from the moment he stepped on campus and is the next GREAT receiving TE at ND. With that said hopefully this opens the door for Weishar as the second receiving TE at ND (Luatua is a blocking h-back). All you need is an opportunity but barring some injury he'll never jump Jones, hopefully for Nic he can play alongside him for the next few years.,

Or Nic can just transfer to NW.

Some more...

Dan Feeney enters as the returning startwr at IU at OG

Mike Lucas is Ohio's best blocker as their most experienced OL at OG

SIAP but Brian Allen is arguably the nation's best center at MSU and his younger brother now man's the guard spot beside him.

Vincent Valentine is one of the best noses in the B1G at Nebraska.

Pat O'CONNOR was EMUs best DL but is now injured. Same with Blake Serpa at CMU.

I honesty can go on all day. I follow CFB a bit close...

Montini (not sure the status of most of these guys and I ain't looking it up)

Westerkamp @ Nebraska
J. Adams @ Iowa
N. Sykes @ IU
Thornton @IU
A. Harte @ Minnesota
M. Maduko @ Ohio St
M. Johnson @ Yale
Weissenhofer @ Northwestern
Norgle @ Wake Forest
Tumpane @ Dayton
Borsellino @ WIU
G. Branch @EIU
Lowery @EIU[/QUOTE

Wasn't there a linebacker that went to Notre Dame a few years ago ?

Last edited:
SIAP but Brian Allen is arguably the nation's best center at MSU and his younger brother now man's the guard spot beside him.

Just a quick correction, Jack Allen is the center at MSU and was a finalist for the Remington award last year. Brian, his brother, has played both guard and has filled in at center. Last year Brian was a first team freshman all american among other honors.

Matt Harris from LaGrange a three year starter for Northwestern at corner.

Belleville West's Austin Siebert, a true freshman, is the punter and kicker for Oklahoma. He is 3/3 in field goal, 9/9 PATS and averaging 46.1 punting.

Another true freshman, Terry Beckner of ESL/Mizzou, will get DT PT this year, but ...

Coach Kool on Terry Beckner: "Terry is a very good prospect. He's very quick, and very strong. Very large. And, at times, very lazy. If we can get the very lazy part out of him, we're going to have someone that's really good."

Just a quick correction, Jack Allen is the center at MSU and was a finalist for the Remington award last year. Brian, his brother, has played both guard and has filled in at center. Last year Brian was a first team freshman all american among other honors.

Yeah, it was way too early. There are also too many Blocking Allens.

From GW at the bigger schools you have
Tommy Schutt starting at DT for Ohio State
Johnny Caspers starting OL at Stanford
Jordan Walsh starting OL at Iowa
Chris Watt starting for the SD Chargers
Nathan Marcus getting plenty of time at TE for Vandy
Hayden Carlson playing nickle at Yale
Ruben Dunbar is playing DE and NIU

I know I am missing someone

Also saw Ian Bunting from HC doing well and Mich and the Allen brothers at Mich St

And yet in another thread, GW was cited as a program that wins despite not getting a ton of talent?

Wes Lunt is obviously at U of I, and Josh Ferguson, who IMO is the most underutilized player in the Big Ten. Malik Turner (SHG) should have a better year at WR, same with Simmie Cobbs at IU, both who will see a bunch of balls flying in their offenses. Clayton Felejedem (sp) of Lemont is still doing his thing in the Illini secondary, and his story is a cool one. Darious Mosely (O'Fallon?) and Dillon Cazely should be in the CB mix. Rob Bain (Brook) was the one healthy nose last I checked, and the Beckman Survivors Group also just moved LWE's Nick Allegretti to tackle because they are brutally low on bodies.

Iowa gets PT from Walsh as mentioned, but Maurice Fleming (Curie) is one of their rotational DB's at corner. Niemann of Sycamore is a backup LB.

Purdue has Robery Gregory (Simeon) at safety, and he just recorded a pick last week. Evan Panfil of LW something is a starting end. Michael Rouse III (HF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) is a backup DT who plays, and likely sees more time as they enter B1G play.

Wisky is a bit light in the starting ranks with Illinois kids. Dan Voltz of Barrington is the center, and a good one. Troy Fumagalli of Waubonsie Valley is their best pass catching TE, but second string because his blocking is insufficient, and granted with Stave at QB who knows what pass catching really means...

Also WMU has Corey Davis (WWS) and Jarvion Franklin (Andrew) as their offense stars along with Terrell, and ANOTHER Barrindton OL in James Kristof starts at guard. Robert Spillane (Fenwick) is a starting OLB, and played a great 2014 as a FR.

EMU recently moved Cole Gardner (Batavia) from TE to OL and he's started the last two contests at LT. His athleticism is a huge plus, and his upside great as he's only a JR.

Martez Walker of BR is CMU's leading rusher, and Rich Central's Malik Fountain has seized a starting LB spot this season (RS FR), and could end up a good one (6-2 233). Chris Kantzavelos (Bartlett) is a backup DE, Ron Coluzzi () the kicker, and J.P. Quinn (NV) has rotated at guard.

At Toledo, Paul Perschon of Schaumburg is a stater at LG, and Chase Murdock (Barrington) is a backup MIKE. He started two years ago but has twice since been passed over by another player.

I thought I saw Steve Richardson (MC) mentioned as Minny's starting fireplug at nose, but Jack Lynn (LZ) has played great at the LB, and IMO will be a star by his senior season. Julian Huff also has played well as a true FR, starting the first game against TCU and playing great football off the edge. Their backup QB's are Streveler (MCC) and Demry Croft (Boylan), the latetr looking great in the spring.

Matt Harris from LaGrange a three year starter for Northwestern at corner.

Dean Lowry (Boylan) is their best DL, 6-5 295 and playing out of his mind right now. NFL IMO. Tyler Lancaster (LWC?) is playing great football at DT as well, making some big plays against Stanford.

The offensive trio was already mentioned, but expect some solid things from Flynn Nagel (Lemont) in his true freshman year. He's running in the two deep already, despite just arriving this fall. He'll not see huge numbers, as the passing game is intentionally methodical right now, but once Thorson is opened up, Nagel should be right there with him. Vitale is graduating, and I believe Jones is in his final year. Big opportunity for Flynn.

And yet in another thread, GW was cited as a program that wins despite not getting a ton of talent?

So I lied.

GW has had one or two D1 guys each year. Hetlett's 9th year this year and I listed 7 guys.

If I was a HC guy I bet I could list more guys over the same period. Yet somehow GW has won (tied once) SEVEN straight conference titles. Considering WSS has three top 10 AP 8A teams right now along with 7A West, I would say the dude matches up with any coach for elevating good athletes into having great seasons, but that argument is for a different thread.

Last edited:
Aurora Christian has 4 kids at NIU right now - 3 of them are starting...
#28 Joel Bouagnon is the starting Tail Back
#24 Brandon Mayes is a starting Corner Back
#82 Chad Beebe is starting Slot Receiver and Punt Return
#1 Anthony Maddie is the back-up QB

Not bad for a school with only 280 kids in it.
I'm sure all of those kids just happened to walk into the door at Aurora Christian for no reason LOL.

This isn't even close to true. ND just landed the highest rated TE in a number of years in true Frosh Alize Jones. Jones has been ahead of Weishar from the moment he stepped on campus and is the next GREAT receiving TE at ND. With that said hopefully this opens the door for Weishar as the second receiving TE at ND (Luatua is a blocking h-back). All you need is an opportunity but barring some injury he'll never jump Jones, hopefully for Nic he can play alongside him for the next few years.,
Actually if you have followed Notre Dame football this year and followed there depth chart, it has been Smythe, Luatua, and then weishar three on the depth chart. Jones may be a better player, and may be the starter, but thus far in the season weishar has been ahead of him on the depth chart.

Actually if you have followed Notre Dame football this year and followed there depth chart, it has been Smythe, Luatua, and then weishar three on the depth chart. Jones may be a better player, and probably will jump Weishar for a starting spot the rest of the year, but all year long so far Weishar has been listed as 3rd TE, on depth chart, while Jones was listed 4. So don't tell me I am wrong and that Jones has been ahead since he stepped on campus.

Actually if you have followed Notre Dame football this year and followed there depth chart, it has been Smythe, Luatua, and then weishar three on the depth chart. Jones may be a better player, and may be the starter, but thus far in the season weishar has been ahead of him on the depth chart.

Actually if you have followed Notre Dame football this year and followed there depth chart, it has been Smythe, Luatua, and then weishar three on the depth chart. Jones may be a better player, and probably will jump Weishar for a starting spot the rest of the year, but all year long so far Weishar has been listed as 3rd TE, on depth chart, while Jones was listed 4. So don't tell me I am wrong and that Jones has been ahead since he stepped on campus.

HAH! Go watch game 1 and tell me what TE is in there in the first Q getting targeted and what TE doesn't play. This is with Smythe... Jones played from the jump despite what your meaningless depth charts say. Jones was targeted in the first quarter despite having just arrived as a non EE Frosh. I'm sorry but I actually watch the games don't base my opinion of a depth chart.

Looks like you were wrong anyways. Lovely.

I just said he jones would jump him on this weeks depth chart. I said earlier in year he wasn't ahead of him. This clearly isn't what depth chart looked like all year if Smythe isn't even on there. All I am saying is Weishar could shine this year. This wasn't meant to be an argument. And I watch the games to my die hard ND fan. Weishar played in both games so far. and actually Luatua started with Smyth not Jones.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT