ADVERTISEMENT

JR Bracket Breakdown

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
Well going through losers bracket always tough. However there is a silver lining. If they can beat TX tonight they could potentially get PA with no Davis pitching. Then they only have to beat the Vegas team once (when it should be twice). Had it been true double elim and they had to beat Vegas twice with that staff- no way-with the way they are doing it they have a chance.

What is the reasoning for not having a true double elimination?

I am assuming for TV purposes. If JR can get PA #2 tomorrow and win, they only have to beat Vegas once on Sat and will have Houston on 3 days rest. Vegas is the best team and a true double elim they win hands down.

I hope JRW can get it done, It certainly has been fun to watch. with the pro teams we have there won't be any good baseball to watch after the LLWS until we are freezing our asses off in March watching HS baseball.

Kind of playing out as we hoped here. JR gets a depleted PA staff tonight then would only have to beat Vegas once on Sat with Houston. Really SHOULD be twice in which case I would not like their odds vs that lefty and righty having to win 2 games.

IF JRW wins tonight do you think Nevada pitches Holligan against JRW or hold him for the Championship game? JRW couldn't get anything going against him the first time around.

They could start him and try to keep him at the 20 pitch limit.

I Couldn't believe they didn't start that lefty last night. They are probly thinking go w lefty v JR then the tall righty in title.

Great Game, Surprised they went with the Closer, Jackson. Saturday should be interesting. I hope they don't face Holligan again.

The twitter sphere was blowing up with analysis.well they had to use him tonight at some point. I personally would have started the last guy and gone with him as far as I could then brought in Jackson.

Houston is gonna have to throw a gem.I think I heard them say Holligan is pitching.just have to try and run the pitch count up. It's just a killer not having Jackson rest of tournament.

Beyond Houston, not sure who they have even available to pitch. The silver lining is only have to beat this team once. Anything can happen.

Houston so clutch. I don't know who they have left to pitch. This Korea team looks really good this will be a tough one.

After a thrilling LLWS, I guess we can get focused on HS Football.

GO ROADRUNNERS!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT