ADVERTISEMENT

ICE Semis

Wilmatucky

Nov 1, 2017
Wilmington
Maroa @ Wilmington - The Harleys will be out in full force for this one. I think this is Wilmington's toughest opponent to date. Maroa has played a few tougher teams as well. I do think the season ends here for Wilmington, but I will never formally pick against them. Cats 24 - Maroa 21

Reactions: RockSoup
I think it will be really tough to completely shut down that offense… Maroa gonna score some points. They have good skill kids and creative play calling.
It will come down to if Maroa is getting stops on defense.
If Wilmo is hanging onto the ball and staying ahead of the chains, I like their chances.

Reactions: Alexander32
If Wilmo is hanging onto the ball and staying ahead of the chains, I like their chances.
I do too. If they take their time getting a play called, grind out first downs and finish drives, they have a great shot. M-F is going to score, but the Cats D needs to make them work for it. The key is limiting possessions and shortening the game. Wilmington can't afford to go on 10-12 play drives and then let M-F run a couple plays and bust a big one. Plus, especially after what happened last week, I like the Cats in the kicking game. Wilmington 30 - Maroa 28.

Their kicker is a huge asset to have. For a small school they have had some pretty solid kickers over the years.
I agree. They seem to have good-great kickers every year while the rest of the conference struggles to find a decent one every 3-4 years. I'll always remember Gockman from CC back in the 90s kicking a 53 yarder and I thought I would never see a conference kicker beat that. No way no how. Until last week. When I first read it, I thought it had to be a typo. Nope.

Is there any word on whether or not the Wilmington game might get streamed?

It doesn't look like it will be NFHS and it would probably cost around $350-500 for the streaming rights to stream it themselves.

Does anybody, who may be a Wilmo insider, know if they're trying to raise the money for the streaming right? I'll contribute if there is. I just need to know how.

Reactions: doctor_d
Nice. :)

With several hundred plus people interested in the game but can't attend for whatever reason, you would think it's not very hard to come up with $400-600 to buy the streaming rights. That's only like $2 per person, and I would have been willing to contribute significantly more than $2.
Yeah I was trying to find someone with ties to the school to make it happen also. Sounds like we weren’t the only ones.
Since I have to go into work that night, YouTube/radio my only option

Seen both teams this season and both are opposites of each other. I will have to say I was surprised by the MF and BCC game, I figured it would have been much closer or that BCC would win by 2-3 TDs. What MF may lack in size they make up for with their speed. Wilmington proved again last week that they are a physical team and do what they do very well. Two programs with great coaches and fan bases that have wanted to see this matchup for the better part of 20 years.

Wilmington has shown they can shut down the spread offense but I don't know if they have seen a QB quite like MFs. He is fast and throws the ball pretty well even though he is undersized. On the other hand, I am not sure MF has seen a team that runs the ball as efficiently as Wilmington. As much talent as MF has on the field they fall short once again in the Semis. Wilmington 32 MF 23

I think both teams will keep the scoreboard lights pretty busy on Saturday. MF has some speed and athletes. Wilmo and Seneca were pretty equal on the field but I think coaching won that game for them. I think MF will hit some big plays and score but I am not sure if MF can stop the Cats from pounding the ball. I think speed wins this one. MF in a shootout Trojans 42 Cats 38

Nice. :)

With several hundred plus people interested in the game but can't attend for whatever reason, you would think it's not very hard to come up with $400-600 to buy the streaming rights. That's only like $2 per person, and I would have been willing to contribute significantly more than $2.
I saw 1,500 plus watching the stream, thats like 33 cents each.

Thanks for the congrats. I am. I’m sure it’ll be different when my kids are old enough to be on the team.
It's funny how things come full circle. Reents had some GREAT TEAMS lose in the playoffs to the IC's, Driscoll's and Stillman Valley's of the football world. Now he's taking lesser teams down state as his hall of fame career winds down. Couldn't happen to a better guy!

Reactions: CatFished12
Pretty dominant win tonight.
I thought Maroa showed almost *desperation?* early by attempting (and converting) fake punt on their first drive which they converted another 4th down. Then they tried an onside kick.
Wilmington scored on their first play from scrimmage, picked off a pass near midfield and then scored two plays later.
After that, Maroa defense tightened, but just about the right amount for Wilmington to do exactly what they wanted - which is to execute time consuming scoring drives. 4 yards a pop.
Maroa kept turning it over in the first half, and Wilmo kept making them pay for it.

Reactions: Coalertown44
MF did the one thing you cannot do against a Reents coached team. Made mistakes, big ones. Wilmo is the one team that will absolutey may you pay every single time you make a mistake. Dominant win, Congrats. Really do not see Athens being able to derail the Cat Train Friday. Party time in Reentsville

Phenomenal game by Wilmington on both sides of the ball. Can't turn the ball over against Wilmington and definitely can't turn it over on 4 straight possessions and expect to stay in any game. They have gone through a gauntlet the past 3 weeks.

Great sportsmanship by both teams and communities.

Phenomenal game by Wilmington on both sides of the ball. Can't turn the ball over against Wilmington and definitely can't turn it over on 4 straight possessions and expect to stay in any game. They have gone through a gauntlet the past 3 weeks.

Great sportsmanship by both teams and communities.
Been quite a run for these kids and coaches. Seneca was a phenomenal team. After seeing their junior heavy team last year I became a believer, even though Byron took it to them a bit. Cats were very fortunate to pull that one out in the quarters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT