ADVERTISEMENT

Hinsdale South?

Djknowsbest

Aug 31, 2014
Last season we saw Hinsdale south shock everyone by making it to the quarterfinals. They lost some talent, but what people don't realize is that most of their starters were juniors . Their returning senior class is absolutely incredible with Michigan state commit Josh king and Senior safety Robert Hall leading what looks to be a scary defense once again. Offensively the Hornets return Senior RB Marcus Curry and WR's Ravon Johnson, Javeis Harris, and Connor McCormack. They will attacking teams from both sides of the ball, but my question is do they have what it takes to take home the 2015 6A state championship?

Last season we saw Hinsdale south shock everyone by making it to the quarterfinals. They lost some talent, but what people don't realize is that most of their starters were juniors . Their returning senior class is absolutely incredible with Michigan state commit Josh king and Senior safety Robert Hall leading what looks to be a scary defense once again. Offensively the Hornets return Senior RB Marcus Curry and WR's Ravon Johnson, Javeis Harris, and Connor McCormack. They will attacking teams from both sides of the ball, but my question is do they have what it takes to take home the 2015 6A state championship?
No

While certainly not the favorite in 6A, they will be a tough out (barring key injuries). Should be much improved offensively and still pretty good on defense. HS may surprise some of the favorites and be in the hunt.

That is why we play the games.

Reactions: illini14
I wouldn't be as quick to count out Hinsdale South as the other guys on this board, most people are just basing it off history. This is year 5 of a really solid new coach who has turned the program around and has them on an upward trajectory. In high school football success breeds more success and last year was really the first time HS got a taste of it and with most of those kids back they will be very tough in the 6A playoffs. They are still more of a long shot to win it all but I'm gonna bet they are a lot closer then people on here think.

Reactions: Djknowsbest
While certainly not the favorite in 6A, they will be a tough out (barring key injuries). Should be much improved offensively and still pretty good on defense. HS may surprise some of the favorites and be in the hunt.

That is why we play the games.

hornetnation,

I am pretty sure you guys lost your starting qb and he was a really good athlete. I think if I remember HS had a ton of juniors so I think you guys will do fine. You have alot coming back on defense and that Josh King was a beast,

Yes, we did loose our starting qb. He was a great athlete who was more of a running qb.

We also had a junior in waiting, who while not the athlete, excels in the passing game. He did not get much action with varsity team last year. However, he looked very good in limited action and JV games. Also has look good in 7 on 7 action this past spring and at Naz last week.

HS should be much improved on offense with a potent passing game to compliment a strong running game. As with most teams a lot will depend on how o- line comes together.

I wouldn't be as quick to count out Hinsdale South as the other guys on this board, most people are just basing it off history. This is year 5 of a really solid new coach who has turned the program around and has them on an upward trajectory. In high school football success breeds more success and last year was really the first time HS got a taste of it and with most of those kids back they will be very tough in the 6A playoffs. They are still more of a long shot to win it all but I'm gonna bet they are a lot closer then people on here think.

Clown -

To be fair, while I think HS will have a good team, i think most people agree with you in the general sense that they are a long shot in 6a. Your comment about history i think is accurate to, to a point.

Even with a solid new coach, in the regular season the last four years, HS has 5,5,4, and 7 wins. That 7 was with a talented QB and perhaps the best DE in state. One half of that equation is gone and difficult to replace - and you just never now how a new QB will be until tested in a big game.

While they were 7-2 last season, i'm really not interested in it. Their opponents combine for a grand total of 33 wins - that is not a lot - at all. Actually, of all the 256 playoff clinchers only 19 had less. The teams that HS defeated accounted for only 18 wins - total.

In the playoffs, when HS met their first tough opponent, they got main southed by SF41-14 (the following week SF got main southed 56-28).

I am a believer in the star player theory, and HS has one - and that means a lot. But based on the above, which is what we have to go on until games are played, HS cannot be considered a favorite.

All that said, i'm pulling for them. I've heard some things about King that make me really want to pull for him.

JC

Thanks for the support, we will need it.

With the likes of Montini and SHG, I think we can all agree that HS is not the favorite in 6A. However, with what they have coming back and a QB who's strenght is passing the ball, they should be much improved on offense and be in a better position to contend this year.

Last year HS had trouble putting up points against teams with good run defense. They got to elite 8 primarily on shoulders of defense (which should be solid again). If offense plays up to ability, they could make some noise this year.

Last edited:
Clown -

To be fair, while I think HS will have a good team, i think most people agree with you in the general sense that they are a long shot in 6a. Your comment about history i think is accurate to, to a point.

Even with a solid new coach, in the regular season the last four years, HS has 5,5,4, and 7 wins. That 7 was with a talented QB and perhaps the best DE in state. One half of that equation is gone and difficult to replace - and you just never now how a new QB will be until tested in a big game.

While they were 7-2 last season, i'm really not interested in it. Their opponents combine for a grand total of 33 wins - that is not a lot - at all. Actually, of all the 256 playoff clinchers only 19 had less. The teams that HS defeated accounted for only 18 wins - total.

In the playoffs, when HS met their first tough opponent, they got main southed by SF41-14 (the following week SF got main southed 56-28).

I am a believer in the star player theory, and HS has one - and that means a lot. But based on the above, which is what we have to go on until games are played, HS cannot be considered a favorite.

All that said, i'm pulling for them. I've heard some things about King that make me really want to pull for him.
All I can say is pick your poison when it comes to HS this year. HS probably has the most not talked about ATH on both sides of the ball in Robert Hall, and a new Kid at the center of it all MLB Deontae Curry who is a down right Nasty player. Don't be shocked if all the stars line up for them. Just so you know thay questions no one know about will open eyes as he has all off season long. And now you have a completely healthy, chip on his shoulder RB looking to prove his weight in gold. And WR as a group I evey team in the state would love to have. Like I said in the begging pick your poison, and know either way it's a fight

First of all I'm pretty sure that the us against the world chip can go away now for HS we all recognize the terrific job that Mike Barry and staff have done. Lots to look forward to in 2015 I really haven't seen too much WSC Gold teams this summer minus DGS but that will change in a few weeks.

As one of the few HS supporters on this board, no chip for me. Just try to provide my opinion on where I see south this year. Not much different than supporters of other programs.

Fair point Hornet and glad to have you guys here....but others here also have a pretty long track record of support etc. keep up the support love the feedback and insights...

Will do.

This board is one of the things that makes waiting for friday night games to begin.

Keep up good work

Dont know much about LWW except they had a very good year in 2014. Based on last year LWW appear one of contenders this year.

What do they have back from last year?

I suspect Richards and Lemont will be in hunt as well. Any thoughts?

First of all I'm pretty sure that the us against the world chip can go away now for HS we all recognize the terrific job that Mike Barry and staff have done. Lots to look forward to in 2015 I really haven't seen too much WSC Gold teams this summer minus DGS but that will change in a few weeks.
How did those OLB's look
sass1.png

sass2.png

Bones,

That's a good question. One that I don't think can be answered at this point. I am not sure we know who will ultimately be there yet.

There will be a better overall core of guys at that position but until the lights go on Friday nights who out here don't have questions. Just think this year 6a will be an event every week.

Bones,

That's a good question. One that I don't think can be answered at this point. I am not sure we know who will ultimately be there yet.
I was referring to the DGS OLB's... I think my cousin may be a starter this year.

JC

I think we can all agree that HS is not the favorite in 6A. However, with what they have coming back and a QB who's strenght is passing the ball, they should be much improved on offense and be in a better position to contend this year.

Last year HS had trouble putting up points against teams with good run defense. They got to elite 8 primarily on shoulders of defense (which should be solid again). If offense plays up to ability, they could make some noise this year.

We will certainly see.

They are going to need to do more than just
I was referring to the DGS OLB's... I think my cousin may be a starter this year.
Bones - cousin in "athletic" speak or "family" speak.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT