ADVERTISEMENT

ESL- The best in the state

So no answer. Got it.
WINS:
Batavia - top 10 7a team on the road, 3 wins vs teams you considered good, same # of playoff pts as Naz.

Trinity - small school but a few d1 players. Playing for a mo state title (shut them out for the first time is 9years)

NV - top 10 8a team on the road, more playoff points than warren, more wins than 3 teams you called good (marist bolingbrook, brother rice)

Edwardsville - more wins than BR, marist. Third most playoff points behind LA and naperville central.

Naperville C - 40pt shellacking on the road with central season on the line. Central had the second post playoff points in 8a only behind LA

To date, they have beat a top 10 8a school, top 10 7a school, and two of the top 4 6a schools.

A running clock in their first 3 playoff games. 2 shutouts in the playoffs.

I've been answering that for you the entire night. You are either too stupid to get it or you just dont want to

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
good luck Saturday and the question has been answered based on your standards.
He knows that. It's been presented to him multiple times multiple ways. Hes now deflecting because he has no defense now that hes being called out for his hypocrisy. At this point hes either incapable of getting it or unwilling.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
I know I said stop with the maths but I crunched some numbers.

In 2018 ESL averaged 54ppg up until the MC game and surrendered 24ppg.

In 2019 ESL averages 52ppg while giving up 14ppg.

The 2018 schedule was much more difficult with top teams from out of state, while the 2019 schedule included Illinois teams with several losses. On the surface it would appear the 2018 team was better, but had a tougher schedule. Obviously having a QB with another year of experience under his belt is one way 2019 would likely be better.

But this goes back to the point. ESL looks unstoppable when playing overmatched teams, but comes back to earth when the opponent can somewhat matchup: King, Trinity, Massillon, Edwardsville, MC, NV.

So, why should I assume ESL is the #1 team based on the available information when other teams have better wins?

It seems to me that the argument here is that "anything that makes ESL seem like #1 is correct and everything else is wrong."

The 2018 schedule was much more difficult with top teams from out of state, while the 2019 schedule included Illinois teams with several losses. On the surface it would appear the 2018 team was better, but had a tougher schedule. Obviously having a QB with another year of experience under his belt is one way 2019 would likely be better.

But this goes back to the point. ESL looks unstoppable when playing overmatched teams, but comes back to earth when the opponent can somewhat matchup: King, Trinity, Massillon, Edwardsville, MC, NV.

So, why should I assume ESL is the #1 team based on the available information when other teams have better wins?

It seems to me that the argument here is that "anything that makes ESL seem like #1 is correct and everything else is wrong."

Man, just assume/prognosticate/calculate/ejaculate whatever you like!!

Nice work! Enjoy your weekend!

There has been a lot of the talk about excessive and perhaps biased penalties against East Side this season. Knowing that some IHSA referees observe the edgy site and occasionally post here how will that affect the way the penalty calls are made in the state championship game Saturday? Will some penalties go uncalled or not?

Reactions: Eringobragh

Jfc. What is wrong with you. You have built the mt Everest of straw man arguments. Not a single person, even the die hard flyer fans here, is making the case that any one team has separated themselves from the group. Anyone citing data(edgy, usa today, maxpreps) that esl is the best isnt using it as proof that they are. Its pointing out how off base your assessment is compared to all these people who get paid to follow hs football.

You point out the score in the esl vs NV game, and yes a one score game was to close. The issue is you dont evaluate other teams with the same microscope. Mc won a one score game vs a 5a team that didn't make it past the 2nd rd ( esl beat an 8a team that didn't make it past the second rd by only 22 and you criticized them for it)

The only one ignoring anything is you. You have refused to acknowledge national publications, stats from the ihsa, and the opinion of the individual who's forum you are posting on. But instead, only rely on your own opinion to make a definitive assessment of one team, when no one else has done anything similar to that

Jfc. What is wrong with you. You have built the mt Everest of straw man arguments. Not a single person, even the die hard flyer fans here, is making the case that any one team has separated themselves from the group. Anyone citing data(edgy, usa today, maxpreps) that esl is the best isnt using it as proof that they are. Its pointing out how off base your assessment is compared to all these people who get paid to follow hs football.

You point out the score in the esl vs NV game, and yes a one score game was to close. The issue is you dont evaluate other teams with the same microscope. Mc won a one score game vs a 5a team that didn't make it past the 2nd rd ( esl beat an 8a team that didn't make it past the second rd by only 22 and you criticized them for it)

The only one ignoring anything is you. You have refused to acknowledge national publications, stats from the ihsa, and the opinion of the individual who's forum you are posting on. But instead, only rely on your own opinion to make a definitive assessment of one team, when no one else has done anything similar to that
Other people's opinions isn't data, it's other people's opinions. Those opinions may or may not be based on data. The data is what I've been posting that you are arguing against.

And teams have separated themselves by having better wins.

Other people's opinions isn't data, it's other people's opinions. Those opinions may or may not be based on data. The data is what I've been posting that you are arguing against.

And teams have separated themselves by having better wins.

First of all, why are you referencing games esl played 2 years ago as a evidence this 2019 team isnt as good? Fyi, esl beat eville by 22. They beat trinity by 30. Did MC come back down to earth when they beat marmion 6-0? Did Lwe come back down to earth when they beat NC by 21? Did naz come back down to earth when they beat benet by 19? Did warren come back down to earth when they beat Barrington by 10? Did naz come down to earth when they beat ritter by....oh wait. Clown post

Here's what I don't understand about your argument that esl sos is so bad that it excludes them from ther discussion...

1. Their sos puts them third amongst ther 5 teams being discussed (maxpreps)

2. They have the 2nd most playoff points (39) than any of the 5 except for MC

3. Of the common opponents, esl beat batavia by the same margin as Naz, and beat NC by 45 compared to LWE beating them by 21.

You claim everyone countering your argument is using opinion but, those are three facts that you keep ignoring

Last edited:

Also you may need a refresher on the definition of facts. Because everything in there is either opinion or presumption.

First of all, why are you referencing games esl played 2 years ago as a evidence this 2019 team isnt as good? Fyi, esl beat eville by 22. They beat trinity by 30. Did MC come back down to earth when they beat marmion 6-0? Did Lwe come back down to earth when they beat NC by 21? Did naz come back down to earth when they beat benet by 19? Did warren come back down to earth when they beat Barrington by 10? Did naz come down to earth when they beat ritter by....oh wait. Clown post

Here's what I don't understand about your argument that esl sos is so bad that it excludes them from ther discussion...

1. Their sos puts them third amongst ther 5 teams being discussed (maxpreps)

2. They have the 2nd most playoff points (39) than any of the 5 except for MC

3. Of the common opponents, esl beat batavia by the same margin as Naz, and beat NC by 45 compared to LWE beating them by 21.

You claim everyone countering your argument is using opinion but, those are three facts that you keep ignoring
I'm showing that ESL blowing overmatched opponents out means nothing. When they had to step up to good teams like MC they no longer look like world beaters.

Yes, some people use the 6-0 game against Marmion to doubt whether they are the top team in the state, especially after they got manhandled by JCA. Now you're starting to get it. But the thing MC has are at least 3 wins better than ESL's best win. Naz and LWE also have wins better than ESL's best win.

No one understands why you keep pointing to Naperville Central. They were a 4-5 team. One thing the Flyers have proven is that they will beat bad teams to death. Sadly they haven't shown that same ability with top teams and that's what we're discussing here.

Maxpreps and playoff points mean nothing. Lena Winslow had 43 playoff points so they had a tougher schedule than ESL. You're showing again that you don't know Illinois football like when you thought people were talking about Bradley.

This really isn't difficult stuff. Remaining teams have better wins than ESL. It's that simple. ESL is about as good as NV.

Again, those pesky facts. Another post and not a single fact besides your opinion
I'm showing that ESL blowing overmatched opponents out means nothing. When they had to step up to good teams like MC they no longer look like world beaters.
ESL didnt play MC this year so what the hell does it have to do with the 2019 squad
Yes, some people use the 6-0 game against Marmion to doubt whether they are the top team in the state, especially after they got manhandled by JCA. Now you're starting to get it. But the thing MC has are at least 3 wins better than ESL's best win. Naz and LWE also have wins better than ESL's best win.
Again, no facts. Just your opinion that most who follow closely dont agree with
No one understands why you keep pointing to Naperville Central. They were a 4-5 team. One thing the Flyers have proven is that they will beat bad teams to death. Sadly they haven't shown that same ability with top teams and that's what we're discussing here.
Since your definition of a top team changes with the wind, they wont ever have a win vs top teams (remember when you called beating batavia and NV good wins? It's a shame ESL couldn't have scheduled and beat those teams)
Maxpreps and playoff points mean nothing. Lena Winslow had 43 playoff points so they had a tougher schedule than ESL. You're showing again that you don't know Illinois football like when you thought people were talking about Bradley.
So what means anything? Record? Eye test? Besides you saying the teams are better (opinion) what are you basing this opinion on?
This really isn't difficult stuff. Remaining teams have better wins than ESL. It's that simple. ESL is about as good as NV.
Congrats on being the only person in the western hemisphere who thinks nv is as good as esl. Wear that duntz hat proudly

Again, those pesky facts. Another post and not a single fact besides your opinion

Congrats on being the only person in the western hemisphere who thinks nv is as good as esl. Wear that duntz hat proudly
Facts lol

Did ESL play NV? If they did what was the score?

These are the facts. You want me to introduce magic where that game didn't happen. And then introduce more magic where ESL played a team better than NV. Then introduce more magic where ESL performed better against this magical team than they did on an actual field against an actual team.

Facts lol

Did ESL play NV? If they did what was the score?

These are the facts. You want me to introduce magic where that game didn't happen. And then introduce more magic where ESL played a team better than NV. Then introduce more magic where ESL performed better against this magical team than they did on an actual field against an actual team.
So the basis of your entire position on esl is that nothing else matters, except one game, which they didnt win by a sufficient margin. Awesome. Heaven forbid they actually...lost a game on the field like naz did.

The extent of you supplying facts is "when esl played better teams, the score was closer." Riveting stuff there Aristotle.

So the basis of your entire position on esl is that nothing else matters, except one game, which they didnt win by a sufficient margin. Awesome. Heaven forbid they actually...lost a game on the field like naz did.

The extent of you supplying facts is "when esl played better teams, the score was closer." Riveting stuff there Aristotle.
Is this still going on?

Reactions: mchsalumni
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT