ADVERTISEMENT

Early 2015 IHSA Football State Champion predictions?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Sure why not right?

8A? HF/Simeon/Loyola/GBW among others.

7A? MC/Libertyville and then.....

6A? Newbie via the success factor SHG/Montini aliong with Naz/East Side etx.

5A? Potentially as open as ever with the elimination of SHG/Montini to 6A? JCA/Sycamore etc.

4A? Rochester possibly Phillips and then?

3A and below?

Would love your thoughts and feedback here

Im assuming success factor in play and quads:

5A is hands down JC w Montini (who has beaten then 5 of last 6 years in 5A and SHG up)

6A I will say Montini

7A I really don't know yet maybe a Batavia, PC, LWE, Libertyville top 7A

8A semi lower bracket is def HF and MC. LA is def in semi top 8A probly matched with GW if 8A.

Deans predictions seem legit. Although SHG will be 6A now too so you cant count them out.

well if the rumor mill is true and 1-32 happens in 7/8A my final 4 in 8A are LA,MC,HF, Simeon

Originally posted by DeanOfSelection:

Im assuming success factor in play and quads:

5A is hands down JC w Montini (who has beaten then 5 of last 6 years in 5A and SHG up)

6A I will say Montini

7A I really don't know yet maybe a Batavia, PC, LWE, Libertyville top 7A

8A semi lower bracket is def HF and MC. LA is def in semi top 8A probly matched with GW if 8A.
Batavia is 0-fer-7A in their playoff history.

Gotta say SHG in 6A until proven otherwise.

Montini is on par with Naz this year IMNSHO.

East Side has ridonkulous talent but I'll wait and see.

true but if u bump MC to 8A with success factor that helps. Plus PC loses Boykin and QB. I am seeing 7A might be 1-32 also that will help to.

the nice part u will see the 2 appropriate teams play for title in 7-8A now. title games have tended be in the semis. or even SECOND round ie MC SR 2013

What you think Deano? With MC in 8A and GW possibly in 8A as well, maybe a SR team can make some noise? No idea how SR will look in the fall. Possibly, a 5 - 4, 4 - 5 or 6 - 3 record?

I do think they can beat Montini again, which will be tough.

well IF its 1-32 certainly a better chance. Rita tough slate w MC,PC,BR,LA,Montini and PA team

I think Rochester 4A and JC 5A are done deals. 6A is probly Montini v Naz top 1-16 and SHG/Flyer bottom 1-16 in semi. Richards, lemont wont be as good. 7A/8A pretty wide open.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT