ADVERTISEMENT

Class of 2023: 5 On The Rise......

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
I'll be breaking down several positions starting this week. Today it's a Top 5 On The Rise for the Class of 2023. These are known names who have no known offers so far but who should in my opinion have offers/higher profile from a recruiting perspective.

I will re-release this probably tomorrow in a front page story with photos/database profiles in the story etc.

Class of 2023: 5 On The Rise....

In no particular order...

WR/ATH Joshua Franklin Crete-Monee-

Franklin was truly a do it all athlete for the Warriors in the fall season, and Franklin played QB/WR/DB and basically can play any position on the field. Franklin spent a majority of his season at quarterback and was highly effective in leading the Warriors to the Class 6A semifinals. Franklin, who is listed at 6-foot-1, 170 pounds has highly impressive junior season video. Franklin has tremendous speed and quickness and really showed off his athletic ability running with the football in the open field. Franklin has excellent vision and a great feel for the game on several levels. Franklin in some regards reminds me a lot of former Crete Monee QB turned WR Travon Rudolph who played a ton at quarterback...was way under-recruited in high school....took a NIU POW and has quickly developed into one of the Huskies best and most explosive play makers.....and Rudolph is also a full scholarship player now for NIU. At minimum...I see Franklin becoming a full scholarship receiver at the MAC level at minimum. Overall? Franklin has a chance to become a big time play makers to watch over the next year plus.

OL Chris Terek Glenbard West-

Chris Terek has been on recruiting radar screens since his freshman year....and I felt had a very solid season this past fall. Terek played mainly at offensive tackles but was also moved over on the defensive line for the Hitters in various scenarios. Terek is a big, very strong and powerful kid who no question played a bit heavier than college recruiters wanted to see...yet I was highly impressed with Terek's overall conditioning this past fall. Example? In Week 1 Terek played on both sides of the football in a lopsided win over Grandville, Michigan and Terek was able to deal with a very hot day, made plays on both sides of the football and never really slowed down all day long....again a pretty impressive feat for a kid in the 310-320 pound range at the time. Terek, who is also a wrestler has good feet and mobility, just moves well for his size and I also really love his overall motor. Terek has tremendous power and punch, can just overwhelm opposing defenders with his strength and Terek also has great instincts. Terek also is always looking beyond the first level of blocks and seemed to get more and more confident in every game last season. Terek in my opinion is a Power 5 talent who just is waiting his turn to wake up college coaches..and that wake up will happen sooner rather than later in my opinion.

DB Jailen Duffie Warren Township

Jailen Duffie has been an impact starter on the Blue Devils defense since his sophomore year. Duffie is a high level athlete who is also versatile and can play as a cover corner or safety equally as well. Duffie is also capable of playing receiver as well...yet Duffie's skill set is no question on the defensive side of the football. Duffie is listed at 6-foot-1, 170 pounds and has very good length and a terrific overall nose for the football. Duffie is a very strong open field tackler who is a positive when it comes to run support and who also is a heavy hitter who also closes well. Duffie in coverage runs very well, can naturally plant, turn and and flip his hips naturally and has very good closing speed. Duffie also showed to have very good ball skills all season long and Duffie just is a high level athlete who will continue to get bigger, stronger and better in his overall game from here on out.

LB Ross Dansdill Wheaton North

Ross Dansdill was a big time key and leader/captain on the Falcons Class 7A state title winning defense in 2021. Dansdill, who ended up being named as an All State and All Area defender just plays the game at a very high level and has a ton to offer at the college level. Dansdill has very good size (6-foot-3, 225 pounds) and shows to have very good strength. Dansdill is just a terrific tackler who finishes well. Dansdill was also able to show his ability to drop into coverage in the passing game last season and is a very solid defender who improved his pass coverage skills. Dansdill strength I feel is his ability to make good reads at the point of attack, can fight off traffic in run defense and make plays. Dansdill has yet to add any offers....and the only real question I see on tape with Dansdill is how is his overall speed at linebacker and I can see bigger level school also look at Dansdill making a move to say DE? Regardless of position, Ross Dansdill is a high level athlete who will see his recruiting stock rise this winter and spring.

LB Matt Kingsbury St. Rita

https://www.hudl.com/profile/12845607/Matt-Kingsbury

Matt Kingsbury might have some of the best junior season video of any player in the State of Illinois. Kingsbury, who started his high school career at Lincoln Way East then transferred into St Rita last spring. Kingsbury, who is one of three Kingsbury boys on the St Rita roster has a ton to offer at the next level and after re-watching his junior season video I'm even more confused as to why Kingsbury is still offer less. Kingsbury has impressive size (6-foot-4, 235 pounds) and shows to have better than I expected speed. Kingsbury makes good reads, takes very good reads and gets to the ball carrier quickly and is able to finish tackles as well as any inside linebacker in this class. Kingsbury also has impressive strength and overall mobility, and I can also see college coaches looking at Matt Kingsbury hard as either a defensive end or at inside linebacker. Again....it's a bit confusing seeing Kingsbury live twice in 2021 then seeing his junior season video\ and him still offer less. Look for Matt Kingsbury to draw more looks and in school visits this late winter and early spring and again I would not be shocked to see Kingsbury take off sooner rather than later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News