ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking: Hersey WR Carson Grove to Northwestern

I guess they aren't staying away in droves. The scandal could still be a nothing burger. Plenty of lettuce, mustard, and hot sauce, but nothing in between all the bread.

It never was going to keep all players away. Nor should it have.

Congratulations Carson.

aftershocks

I think they're foreshocks, early rumbles before the big, media frenzy. Media and lawyers. Lawyers are pimps in Armani suits who love to be at the center of things.

I may be wrong about the fenzy. At the request of Northwestern, the judge could impose a protective order as well as a gag order, which would limit what evidence would be shared with the public. But that would make everyone feel free to speculate. If the public gets fixated on the case, it could turn into one of those tedious legal ordeals--think OJ and Bill Clinton. I'll get sick of hearing about it. I'm sick of it now.

Hispanic or not, I wouldn't like to have Cinco de Mayo shaved into my head. That is one of those things that went too far, went beyond hazing to harassment, an actionable offense.

Last edited:
I'd argue the latest developments are just aftershocks. The worst re: football is past.
Argue all you want. Players coming out saying the AD also knew what was happening is huge. It’s a freaking shit show at NU and trying to cover it up only is making it look worse.

Argue all you want. Players coming out saying the AD also knew what was happening is huge. It’s a freaking shit show at NU and trying to cover it up only is making it look worse.
Is this one of those where you make a commitment but then keep shopping around because if the new administration they select in the late fall doesn’t like you, your previous offer becomes not commitable?

Like, say they get a class of 20 lined up this fall. How many of those align with the new staff and make it to campus? 10? And even then it’s likely out of necessity to fill a class and not necessarily because the new coach wants that recruit? Tough situation.

I am not going to sit here wasting my time. But, the worst is over with all the lawsuits. Anything to come is a stretch, they've exhausted the legit gripes already.

Getting a full ride (to play Big Ten football) at one of the best universities in the country is an honor (and great opportunity) no matter who the coach is. Congrats to Carson!
I can tell you after chatting with him, he is extremely excited.

Last edited:
Reactions: NNFAN and epicbret
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT