ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

Poles needs to find a way to get a pick in round 5 or 6 to select the most dominant player left on the board: Taylor the punter from Iowa.
Agree 100%.

Also think Kiran A. a big time hedge for next year’s OL in case Davis is cut or Jenkens leaves in FA. I do think Bears will give him a look at both OT and OG, but just my thoughts.

Bears go local in round 3. Getting OT Kiran Amegadjie from Yale by way of Hinsdale Central.
I like this pick. Kinda a project but he might have a high upside. OT we can’t have enough. I am interested to see who the Bears get with their last pick today. A few good players still available.

Because draft grades are the stupidest thing out there, no one knows how good a pick is until 2-3 years down the road.

Bingo. People that make these grades and get paid for it have the best job because they mean nothing and there are no repercussions if they're wrong.

It's laughable that people put any stock into or care at all about draft grades.

See my last comment about draft grades. What is your reasoning for the "A+"? Neither have taken an NFL snap, an A+ would look rather silly if they both don't live up to expectations. General rule is it takes 3 years to evaluate a draft class.

In other words, nobody knows nothing. Nobody knows nothing on Wall Street, and yet every year new billionaires are minted. Nobody knows nothing in Hollywood, and yet I've seen a lot of good movies. Nobody knows nothing in Vegas, and yet the house does well enough to build roadside palaces. Nobody knows nothing in the NFL, and yet good players and teams continue to make us passionate fans, often for life.

In other words, somebody must know something.

Last edited:
Reactions: corey90
In other words, nobody knows nothing. Nobody knows nothing on Wall Street, and yet every year new billionaires are minted. Nobody knows nothing in Hollywood, and yet I've seen a lot of good movies. Nobody knows nothing in Vegas, and yet the house does well enough to build roadside palaces. Nobody knows nothing in the NFL, and yet good players and teams continue to make us passionate fans, often for life.

In other words, somebody must know something.
What?

On Wall Street there's data for days on companies in the sectors their in. The closest comparison to a new NFL player would be an IPO and people are wrong on those constantly.

Most of what Hollywood puts out these days is trash remakes, comic book movies, or just general garbage.

In Vegas the house always wins so there's really no unknowns there.

Not sure what any of this has to do with pointless "draft grades" that are made up. The draft guru that is Mel Kiper once said that if Jimmy Clausen, yes Jimmy Clausen didn't end up being an all-pro he'd retire. Still waiting on that to happen. He also said that JaMarcus Russell could be a top five NFL QB and was “John Elway-like” at 2007 NFL Draft.

So I stand by my statement that draft grades are completely worthless. Teams get nothing extra or special by having a high "draft grade". The talking heads put them out to generate clicks and are based on literally nothing. No one has an algorithm they use that spits out their draft grades for teams, they're literally pulled out of thin air.

Poles needs to find a way to get a pick in round 5 or 6 to select the most dominant player left on the board: Taylor the punter from Iowa.
Nah Bears are done for the draft. Only way back in would be to start trading next year's picks and then they'd be in this same situation with very few picks next year.

Very happy with the 4 picks we got. All quality picks. IMO we got the best QB, the best WR and the best Punter in the draft. Very good and we added a guy at OT that might be a steal. 👏

Love the player but seemed like a round too early which is why I thought they would need to trade back in.
You called it. Bears trade 2025 4th round pick to Bills for their 5th round pick and take an Edge out of Kansas. Big unknown here since the wasn't a starter and only played 500 snaps total in college between his time at Minnesota and Kansas.

You called it. Bears trade 2025 4th round pick to Bills for their 5th round pick and take an Edge out of Kansas. Big unknown here since the wasn't a starter and only played 500 snaps total in college between his time at Minnesota and Kansas.
Don’t know who he is so not sure? That said they traded a 4th round for a 5th this year. Bears need an edge guy was surprised they didn’t take Wingo? Anyway they must of done their homework to trade next years for this years. I would not trade anymore picks from next year. It’s now seeming I sign of being desperate. Let’s take what we got and go with it. If a trade happens during the season for a true edge well we have cap space.

Don’t know who he is so not sure? That said they traded a 4th round for a 5th this year. Bears need an edge guy was surprised they didn’t take Wingo? Anyway they must of done their homework to trade next years for this years. I would not trade anymore picks from next year. It’s now seeming I sign of being desperate. Let’s take what we got and go with it. If a trade happens during the season for a true edge well we have cap space.
I mean of course they did their homework, every team does their homework on every potential multi million dollar investment they make. Hell, it's coming out that multiple teams passed on Spencer Rattler due to the way he acted as a high school QB on the Netflix series QB1.

I mean of course they did their homework, every team does their homework on every potential multi million dollar investment they make. Hell, it's coming out that multiple teams passed on Spencer Rattler due to the way he acted as a high school QB on the Netflix series QB1.
I wasn’t surprised that Spencer didn’t go earlier. To me really underwhelming IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT