ADVERTISEMENT

5A-8A Championship Predictions

Not for nothing, but either PR or MCHS can hang with CM or HS. I predict a solid final in 6A and 7A, with a giant mess in 5A and 8A.

You don't give LWW a chance of making it a game in 5A?

Not for nothing, but either PR or MCHS can hang with CM or HS. I predict a solid final in 6A and 7A, with a giant mess in 5A and 8A.

I agree 1000%, not 100% but 1000%...Wasn't saying they couldn't hang with them, heck they might even beat them and most people probably think they will. I, myself, just think that these are the 2 best teams in 6A. I'm just a random fan, not an expert at all.

I'm not sure who is going to be in the finals in 5A, but, you better be ready for a game if you go against the LWW offensive line and Montalvo running behind them.

Reactions: USD24 and badfrog68
Hinterland,
Looks like you made a good call here. 6a South bracket has not been easy to predict.

Not easy to predict, except for SHG not making it through. SHG did not surprise me in losing to Crete-Monee, but I was a bit surprised that the final score was within 3 points. With the Warriors clearly the more poised and athletic team, and SHG doing their best to help them out with miscues, I thought CM's margin of victory could have been greater. I guess a begrudging tip of the hat to the Cyclones for not laying down after getting behind by 17 is in order, but all the same a loss is a loss and as I thought, this bracket was just a tad too much for them. When facing 6A teams in the playoffs, the CS8 Conference simply does not prepare them for 6A games in the later rounds. Regardless of my opinions of them, by all rights they are still a 5A team (owing to the multiplier). The punishment factor obviously had the intended result as far as they are concerned. Will be interesting to see whether or not it will impact Montini, although they did not have as loaded a bracket as the southern one. In all fairness, the two 6A semifinal games are probably close to what could have been predicted. PR and Montini were clearly the best of the northern bracket, and given the hot hand HS has right now and CM's speed and athleticism, the southern semifinal also appears to match the two best teams at this point in time.

I wonder if PR can borrow the All whites from Cary so they could hide in the snow. That's the only chance I'm giving them. MCHS by 28. If they install the Princecat MCHS by 40. The wacky horse sound will be on repeat all day.

Reactions: Dino brown
I wonder what the reaction is going to be of the IHSA if private schools win 8A,6A,5A,4A, and 3A. Also having private schools win both 6A and 5A will only be the IHSA's fault with the success factor rule they implemented.

I wonder if PR can borrow the All whites from Cary so they could hide in the snow. That's the only chance I'm giving them. MCHS by 28. If they install the Princecat MCHS by 40. The wacky horse sound will be on repeat all day.
Don't be surprised if you see something like that lol!

Not easy to predict, except for SHG not making it through. SHG did not surprise me in losing to Crete-Monee, but I was a bit surprised that the final score was within 3 points. With the Warriors clearly the more poised and athletic team, and SHG doing their best to help them out with miscues, I thought CM's margin of victory could have been greater. I guess a begrudging tip of the hat to the Cyclones for not laying down after getting behind by 17 is in order, but all the same a loss is a loss and as I thought, this bracket was just a tad too much for them. When facing 6A teams in the playoffs, the CS8 Conference simply does not prepare them for 6A games in the later rounds.

You know SHG has won 6a, right?

question, haven't seen much of LWW, but how does their Oline compare to JCA's, is it much better? Marginally better? also how do their RBs compare with JCAs?

it looks like it is going to be Naz vs LWW. Naz should be favorite but if LWW is as good as their fans are hyping them up to be, then the game should be as competitive as the Naz/JCA games were. If JCA doesn't turn over the ball 4 times maybe there is a different outcome.

Last edited:
Not this year, idiot, the only year which counts.

Your point in a previous post was that SHG wasn't capable of winning 6A, presumably based on the jump from 5A. Your point is proven moot, since they have won 6A already.

Should I type slower?

Your point in a previous post was that SHG wasn't capable of winning 6A, presumably based on the jump from 5A. Your point is proven moot, since they have won 6A already.

Should I type slower?

I obviously cannot type slow enough for you. Did you or did you not look at the brackets FOR THIS YEAR ? If you want to reference previous posts of mine, then get them right. I listed the teams in the southern bracket and told everyone that SHG did not have what it took to get through this bracket. For goodness sake, they didn't even get past the quarterfinals.

One thing I am curious about is your advocacy for SHG, You are like a lot of fans up north who are not aware of SHG's history of monumental failures in the playoffs in the past, only their fortunate wins. Looks like you bought the hype their coaches, players and fans are saddled with every year. If your adoration of them is based on their having defeated the Broncos the last two years, you more than anyone should know that it was Montini's inability to get the job done which cost them these games, not the SHG play. In case you are in doubt, watch the replay of those games again !! Serious miscues by the Broncos.

Bwm57:

The wind is getting stronger, but what little snow we have had is melting as soon as it hits the ground. In fact, the sky appears to be getting lighter, but the cold acts like it definitely wants to settle in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT