ADVERTISEMENT

4A Final - Rochester 59 v Larry 38 1.27 4Q

Agree.
I think Success Factor should apply to all schools, private and public.
If you are a 4A public, don’t you want Rochester in a higher class?

If you are a 6A public, don’t you want ESL in higher class?

They lost today, but Lena Winslow almost won 4 in a row. If you are a 1A public, don’t you want Lena in a higher class?

Reactions: corey90
Agree.
I think Success Factor should apply to all schools, private and public.
Do you think it would be solely based on title wins or a combination of wins and points scored? Do teams that eke out numerous wins get the same treatment as teams that consistently win in drubbings?

PJPP,
Am I missing something?
Sounds like we are both saying the same thing?

Do you think it would be solely based on title wins or a combination of wins and points scored? Do teams that eke out numerous wins get the same treatment as teams that consistently win in drubbings?
End of year finish, I think.

Illini got a steal with Ball coming as a PWO. At worst he will be great on special teams coverage but have a feeling he will end up getting touches as an upperclassman

Reactions: RockSoup and Bwm57
Wow. Two observations. 😀
STL has really battled!!
Rochester is really, really good!!

Reactions: Autumnball
They should be embarrassed

Who should?
Rochester for keeping most of their starters in to get to 59 rather than let bench guy seniors see the field, or SL because they lost by 21?

Congrats to Larry on a fine season but……Gosh dang you IC for depriving all of us of Rochester vs IC!!!

Reactions: doctor_d
Would love to see Rochester challenge themselves in a higher class, but that won’t happen.

Would also like to see the success factor applied to all schools, but that won’t happen either.
Rochester won 5A handily over St. Rita in 2019 and in the Spring of 2021 they took on 8A Loyola when nobody else would….it went horribly for them but they didn’t back down and took on the challenge. So they aren’t afraid to move up.

If you are a 4A public, don’t you want Rochester in a higher class?

If you are a 6A public, don’t you want ESL in higher class?

They lost today, but Lena Winslow almost won 4 in a row. If you are a 1A public, don’t you want Lena in a higher class?
Multiplier never should be dropped for lack of success ie StL. SF should apply across the board

If you were to tell me Laurence would score 38 points I would assume they would have won. They did fine offensively they just had no answer for them defensively…..you should never score 38 and lose. Even so, it was a Season they have wanted for decades in Burbank, job well done.

DL again proved that developing a program with hard working kids who have the commitment from the community & school leadership is how championship success is achieved, regardless of public or private.
It is a year-round dedication to conditioning, discipline, strategy, teaching and repetition.
Congratulations to the boys of Rochester and the community that supports them!

I am not a proponent of the Success Factor for any schools.
The kids who won have moved on and those that came after them are denied the same opportunity, all to appease a group of malcontents.
Look at the consistent success of Cary Grove, Rochester, Byron, LWE, ESL, Leona W, MS, etc.. I do not buy the “we can’t compete” copout.
If Mount Carmel had beaten Loyola in week 9 we would likely be watching a Batavia vs. Mount Carmel championship on a neutral field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT