ADVERTISEMENT

Yearly Multiplier Question

catsattackfor3

Mar 2, 2011
Well another 4 Catholic Schools brought home the top hardware some playing schools twice or three times their size. Again the multiplier helps how? All that thing does is hurt the smaller private schools in this state who are not powerhouses. Its time for another proposal that is fair and strictly on success in a given sport not if a school has district limitations. You can multiply St. Joseph HS (Westchester) all you wanted in football and it would never matter but for basketball they should be playing in top class. And Montini could be playing 7A in football and perhaps win state but would'nt even win a game in a lower class in basketball. It all comes down to success in a sport not just some idiotic number.

Last edited:
Not sure how that hurts the smaller private schools. Without the multiplier, the powerhouse schools would be down in class as would the lesser schools.

To me the question is balancing the competition. I'm just not sure what the right answer is..

Not sure how that hurts the smaller private schools. Without the multiplier, the powerhouse schools would be down in class as would the lesser schools.

To me the question is balancing the competition. I'm just not sure what the right answer is..
the smaller private schools especially those who do not recruit or are not powerhouses in a given sport play up a level and are not successful. My point is the powerhouse programs should play up but the blanket multiplier is wrong on so many levels. The idea is success should determine the level a school plays (private/public/boundary /non boundary school), not just a blanket multiplier. Loyola for instance without the multiplier is a 7A school, Montini a 4A school. In those instance i have zero problem moving them up. Elgin St. Edward by enrollment should be a 2A school but are playing in 4A, how does that help anyone I have zero idea.

Cat,

Where the success factor does not make any sense is this....

1. It needs to be attached to private and public schools if they are going to have it (including Rochester)

2. It does not effect 7A and 8A schools because if they were to move up classes then they should be playing against small college programs

3. Seniors graduate and juniors and sophs then take over. Why would you make the sophs and juniors move up a level based on the success of the previous senior class?

Wassup

Cat,

Where the success factor does not make any sense is this....

1. It needs to be attached to private and public schools if they are going to have it (including Rochester)

2. It does not effect 7A and 8A schools because if they were to move up classes then they should be playing against small college programs

3. Seniors graduate and juniors and sophs then take over. Why would you make the sophs and juniors move up a level based on the success of the previous senior class?

Wassup
I get your part about number three but a lot of conferences in this state do that in certain sports. First place one year moves up last place moves down. Chicago Public League does that in all sports with their Blue and Red Divisions. Or how about a 4 year record of success, etc. I does not have to be one year. But in football the classifications do not take place until the season is over. So in this case the seniors graduate argument holds no water. If a school is undefeated for the third year in a row for instance then move them up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT