ADVERTISEMENT

WWS non con schedule next year - sorry Capn Bill

Voodoo Tatum 21

Gold Member
May 18, 2016
Looks like we will not see a renewal of the Glenbard West and Wheaton Warrenville South rivalry anytime soon.

WWS has lined up Metea (enrollment of 2853) and Lockport (enrollment of 3709) for their two non conference games in 2018.

Looks like they want to play some high enrollment schools for non conference - wait - wasn't that Wheaton Warrenville south's reason for the exit to Dukane? To get away from the high enrollment schools?o_O Maybe some high enrollment schools are "ok" and others "not"? Oh the hypocrisy of it all!!:confused:

Oh well maybe in a few years we will see WWS at Duchon again!

Last edited:
I’ve watched with a bit of melancholy as WWS has taken yet a deeper swan dive into the abyss. Don’t get me wrong, I still seethe with anger over watching all our mothers walking through a gauntlet of punks screaming “overrated” in their faces in like pack of classless turdblossums in ‘13.

Maybe a new dawn will arrive over there after couple of years of measuring themselves against the Matea’s of the world. I hope they find their path out of the wasteland. Red Grange needs better ball played on his field.

Looks like we will not see a renewal of the Glenbard West and Wheaton Warrenville South rivalry anytime soon.

WWS has lined up Metea (enrollment of 2853) and Lockport (enrollment of 3709) for their two non conference games in 2018.

Looks like they want to play some high enrollment schools for non conference - wait - wasn't that Wheaton Warrenville south's reason for the exit to Dukane? To get away from the high enrollment schools?o_O Maybe some high enrollment schools are "ok" and others "not"? Oh the hypocrisy of it all!!:confused:

Oh well maybe in a few years we will see WWS at Duchon again!
Who does WV have next year non con?

Who does WV have next year non con?

Edwardsville
Prairie Ridge
OPRF
And I think they still trying to find a 4th. I think it's week 2 that is open still. Playing Neuqua twice I think instead of a 5th non con.

Is Naz still open week 2? Maybe get the powers that be together?. I'd rather see an out of state game,...but don't know what their plans are

Last edited:
Edwardsville
Prairie Ridge
OPRF
And I think they still trying to find a 4th. I think it's week 2 that is open still. Playing Neuqua twice I think instead of a 5th non con.

Is Naz still open week 2? Maybe get the powers that be together?. I'd rather see an out of state game,...but don't know what their plans are
Got your wish, they told Naz no. I’ve been told by someone that would know it’s about the 15th upper echelon school to decline Naz, they are open week 1 and 2.

Got your wish, they told Naz no. I’ve been told by someone that would know it’s about the 15th upper echelon school to decline Naz, they are open week 1 and 2.

Doesn't surprise me on two fronts:
1. WV non con schedule tough enough with the 3 they have scheduled and it's a long trip to Eds. Would be nice to have an out of state game since there are so many frikkin non con games to fill so why not get one instead of playing a Chicago Suburban team.
2. Naz is going to be a very tough team next year - doesn't surprise me that there are schools in the area ducking them for 2018 games.

Reactions: TPF523
Doesn't surprise me on two fronts:
1. WV non con schedule tough enough with the 3 they have scheduled and it's a long trip to Eds. Would be nice to have an out of state game since there are so many frikkin non con games to fill so why not get one instead of playing a Chicago Suburban team.
2. Naz is going to be a very tough team next year - doesn't surprise me that there are schools in the area ducking them for 2018 games.
WV’s non cons are ridiculous, clearly I don’t think they’re ducking Naz. Sounds like Naz AD is getting frustrated. Time for everyone makes the playoffs.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
WV’s non cons are ridiculous, clearly I don’t think they’re ducking Naz. Sounds like Naz AD is getting frustrated. Time for everyone makes the playoffs.

Well it would still effect seeding so would not help much. See HF having to go to NC this year after an Indiana team dropped them and there playoffs are blind draw.

Well it would still effect seeding so would not help much. See HF having to go to NC this year after an Indiana team dropped them and there playoffs are blind draw.
I think it would alleviate most of the scheduling issues and conference realignment. Sure seeding would still have a small factor but the amount of schools turning down competitive games so they can find easy wins is disturbing. My school included.

I wonder if they have tried Neuqua yet in that gaggle of teams they have tried so far? I think they are playing Stevenson - but had heard they still have a lot of open slots....

I wonder if they have tried Neuqua yet in that gaggle of teams they have tried so far? I think they are playing Stevenson - but had heard they still have a lot of open slots....
I think they talked about it but Naz was waiting on Soldier Field and Fenwick (amongst others) screwed them, from my understanding Neuqua would have agreed but since filled it.

Neuqua v Naz would be great. There are more than a few Neuqua-area kids on Naz.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT