ADVERTISEMENT

WWS @ Batavia

ClownBaby

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2006
It should be an interesting one on Friday night as the Tigers travel to Batavia for a homecoming showdown featuring two teams that are 4-0.

WWS defense although playing a weak schedule has been lights out only giving up 4pts a game with a strong D-line and a ton of speed everywhere, this is the best defense WWS has had since 2011.

The offense for WWS has seen some personal changes since week 1 and have really improved especially the last two weeks. The QB who is a first time starter has looked good throwing the ball and running some option which WWS hasn't used in years.

This is a huge game for the Tigers they have spent the better part of year talking about putting the program back on the map and an upset win on Friday night will do that.

Anyone got thoughts on this one?

It should be an interesting one on Friday night as the Tigers travel to Batavia for a homecoming showdown featuring two teams that are 4-0.

WWS defense although playing a weak schedule has been lights out only giving up 4pts a game with a strong D-line and a ton of speed everywhere, this is the best defense WWS has had since 2011.

The offense for WWS has seen some personal changes since week 1 and have really improved especially the last two weeks. The QB who is a first time starter has looked good throwing the ball and running some option which WWS hasn't used in years.

This is a huge game for the Tigers they have spent the better part of year talking about putting the program back on the map and an upset win on Friday night will do that.

Anyone got thoughts on this one?
Very glad to see WWS back on the map! So much history and several years of struggles. Batavia would be wise to be very prepared for this game. WWS seems to be quite balanced on both sides of the ball. Team making most mistakes in this game loses.

Reactions: Gene K.
I was able to see some of the WWS STCE game and was impressed by WWS on both sides of the ball. They looked well coached and were flying around. I'm curious as to what were the changes on offense because they seemed to have good line play and a good running back. Should be a good game against Batavia.

Reactions: Dual-triple_threat
Huge Huge game in the Dukane. The Winner has the inside track to the conference title. Don’t sleep on STCN though - they still control their own destiny with games left against both WWS and Batavia. Also WN still controls their destiny? Their D looks good - can they put up enough points on the board?

So much football left to play, but The biggest game of the year so far in the Dukane is the upcoming WWS/Batavia game. I don’t want to give away any Voodoo mojo too early since I only have a 1 game lead in the Clown Cup - but this should be a really good game and will give us some insights about where these two teams are at mid way thru the season!

I was able to see some of the WWS STCE game and was impressed by WWS on both sides of the ball. They looked well coached and were flying around. I'm curious as to what were the changes on offense because they seemed to have good line play and a good running back. Should be a good game against Batavia.

They have tinkered with their offensive line and worked a few new kids in at other positions. In the past few years they just didn’t have those kids sitting on the bench.

They also have a junior RB that hasn’t played much yet but is stud, he has been dinged up so he hasn’t really gotten practice reps he needs but you will know it when they put him on the field.

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
Definitely the best Dukane matchup on tap. Winner is definitely front runner for conference champion at 5-0 overall and 3-0 in conference play.

Very glad to see WWS back on the map! So much history and several years of struggles. Batavia would be wise to be very prepared for this game. WWS seems to be quite balanced on both sides of the ball. Team making most mistakes in this game loses.

Only five or so. Prior to that they averaged one state chapionship game every two years the previous 20 years going 7-3 in them. It seems like it's been forever but it really hasn't been that long.

Only five or so. Prior to that they averaged one state chapionship game every two years the previous 20 years going 7-3 in them. It seems like it's been forever but it really hasn't been that long.

It has actually only been 3 seasons. The 2014 season, WWS won the DVC and made it to the quarterfinals, losing to the eventual state champ, Providence, in a tight ball game. They have had 3 years of 2-7 records since.

I'm very excited to see this game and how the Tigers measure up to the defending 7A state champs. WWS has gotten better with each game and they will clearly need to play their best game of the season to win this one. Tigers will need to continue their trend of getting turnovers on D while protecting the ball on offense. I am amazed that they haven't turned the ball over yet, with the complete lack of experience they had on the offensive side heading into the season. They had one offensive lineman returning from last season and the rest of this year's offense saw little to no action. It makes what they have done so far this year a lot of fun to watch.

I'm very excited to see this game and how the Tigers measure up to the defending 7A state champs. WWS has gotten better with each game and they will clearly need to play their best game of the season to win this one. Tigers will need to continue their trend of getting turnovers on D while protecting the ball on offense. I am amazed that they haven't turned the ball over yet, with the complete lack of experience they had on the offensive side heading into the season. They had one offensive lineman returning from last season and the rest of this year's offense saw little to no action. It makes what they have done so far this year a lot of fun to watch.

The turnover margin has carried the Tigers so far hopefully they can keep it up. I have been really impressed by the QB, for a kid that has so little experience playing he is awful good.

I’m hoping the Tigers bring a big crowd on Friday night since this is the biggest game they have played in a few years.

The turnover margin has carried the Tigers so far hopefully they can keep it up. I have been really impressed by the QB, for a kid that has so little experience playing he is awful good.

I’m hoping the Tigers bring a big crowd on Friday night since this is the biggest game they have played in a few years.

As WN guy, here is my impression so far...

I like what I have seen so far from WWS ( seen 2 of the four games). I think this team believes they are good. I think that is important. I think this week will be a reality check. I hope I’m wrong and they win.

And then get upset by the falcons the next week.

WWS D is solid on all accounts so far. O line from the games I’ve seen is average to below average. RB position is good. QB...average/good, although I’m not sold yet. WR Average.

If they lose this week response by the team will be intereresting to see...meat of the schedule is this week and remaining games.

Let’s look at reality. WWS best win is SCE. Both WWS and SCE have played really no one who is any good .... well except maybe each other.
We will find out.

If WWS is for real this season, what happens to all the Muhitch bashers on the south side (mostly parents)? Honestly, IMO WWS had more overall talent on the varsity level the past three years in comparison to this team. Is this a great coaching job by Ron??

Last edited:
Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
As WN guy, here is my impression so far...

I like what I have seen so far from WWS ( seen 2 of the four games). I think this team believes they are good. I think that is important. I think this week will be a reality check. I hope I’m wrong and they win.

And then get upset by the falcons the next week.

WWS D is solid on all accounts so far. O line from the games I’ve seen is average to below average. RB position is good. QB...average/good, although I’m not sold yet. WR Average.

If they lose this week response by the team will be intereresting to see...meat of the schedule is this week and remaining games.

Let’s look at reality. WWS best win is SCE. Both WWS and SCE have played really no one who is any good .... well except maybe each other.
We will find out.

If WWS is for real this season, what happens to all the Muhitch haters on the south side (mostly parents)? Honestly, IMO WWS had more overall talent on the varsity level the past three years in comparison to this team. Is this a great coaching job by Ron??

I think this team is more talented then the last three teams although last years team had talent but was snake bit. They often were looking for a way to lose and would sit back and wait for something bad to happen.

Muhitch has done a much better job of this year of not tinkering with everything which honestly I didn’t think he would ever be able to do. He has stuck with working with the defense and letting his other coaches coach, usually he has had his hands in everything rather then delegating to young but pretty good staff.

I honestly believe all the losing the last few years dinged Muhitch’s ego and led him to making changes that he should have done a few years back but was unwilling to.

Reactions: Falcon86
I think this team is more talented then the last three teams although last years team had talent but was snake bit. They often were looking for a way to lose and would sit back and wait for something bad to happen.

Muhitch has done a much better job of this year of not tinkering with everything which honestly I didn’t think he would ever be able to do. He has stuck with working with the defense and letting his other coaches coach, usually he has had his hands in everything rather then delegating to young but pretty good staff.

I honestly believe all the losing the last few years dinged Muhitch’s ego and led him to making changes that he should have done a few years back but was unwilling to.

Is this in regards to coaching? I noticed Coach Arthurs former WWS #31 jersey wearer is now at Naperville North. Is that money, better job, status, or some sort of fall out?

Just seemed odd that a favorite son of the tigers is at a former conference rival.

Is this in regards to coaching? I noticed Coach Arthurs former WWS #31 jersey wearer is now at Naperville North. Is that money, better job, status, or some sort of fall out?

Just seemed odd that a favorite son of the tigers is at a former conference rival.

Bob Quinn the AD at NN (former WWS AD) called and offered him a batter paying job and he took it, his father is still on the staff and his brother is the running back at WWS so I have no reason to doubt it was anything more than that. With him leaving Muhitch decided to return to his roots as the D-coordinator and you can see the results, people forget just how good his defenses were in the 90's when Thorne was the head coach.

Sean Norris is in his 3rd year as offensive coordinator and his first calling all the plays by himself and he has done a really good job, they also added Tim Brykla to the varsity offensive staff to help with the game planning.

Reactions: Gene K.
Bob Quinn the AD at NN (former WWS AD) called and offered him a batter paying job and he took it, his father is still on the staff and his brother is the running back at WWS so I have no reason to doubt it was anything more than that. With him leaving Muhitch decided to return to his roots as the D-coordinator and you can see the results, people forget just how good his defenses were in the 90's when Thorne was the head coach.

Sean Norris is in his 3rd year as offensive coordinator and his first calling all the plays by himself and he has done a really good job, they also added Tim Brykla to the varsity offensive staff to help with the game planning.

Wow must've been a hard move for him but good for him. Great coach and was an animal as a player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT