ADVERTISEMENT

WWS 26. Brother Rice 27…. Final

ClownBaby

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2006
Tigers run the opening kick back. Both teams starting to move the ball towards the end of the first half, should be an interesting 2nd half.

Roughing the passer negates Tigers third Int BR driving

15 yard QB run for BR

Tigers get ball with no TO’s left

Gotta go for two. I agree with the decision. Great play by Khari Shaw with the hit to separate the receiver from the ball.

Looked like a catch on the 2 point conversion. Can’t believe they went for 2!

Last edited:
At some point when does it become an issue that BR defense is shaky at best? The offense is crazy good, but at some point in the playoffs you gotta stop people.

Likely not an issue next week, but beyond?

Story of the year for the Tigers close but a little short. They played great and lost to better team but after dealing with a ton of adversity this year they have nothing to hang their head about.
No doubt. First time I saw the Tigers this year. One of the best defenses I've seen. Offensive mistakes hurt them in the 1st half, and the penalty nullifying the interception was huge too. Great effort. Very impressive performance.

True but as the game went on it was getting tougher and tougher, sometimes you just have to go for what the feel of the game is.
Definitely respect the counter argument to mine. I just liked the momentum swing combined with BR expecting to score more. Either way we will never know. I was hoping for a fun OT though!

At some point when does it become an issue that BR defense is shaky at best? The offense is crazy good, but at some point in the playoffs you gotta stop people.

Likely not an issue next week, but beyond?
The defense won the game for Rice by turning WWS away multiple times after offensive turnovers. Crusader defense made South one-dimensional by limiting the run significantly. Also, one of the Tiger TDs was the opening KO which is not "on" the defense.

Reactions: pjjp
The defense won the game for Rice by turning WWS away multiple times after offensive turnovers. Crusader defense made South one-dimensional by limiting the run significantly. Also, one of the Tiger TDs was the opening KO which is not "on" the defense.
Agreed. Rice defense picked up the offense tonight. And I give a lot of credit to WWS' defense in limiting Lausch and company better than any previous opponent.

I hate to tell you this, but WWS averaged 17 points in the regular season

Reactions: Alexander32
Even if WWS got the 2, Lausch had a kick off return, time outs and 44 seconds to get them into FG range. MC left him with 1:04, he only needed 8 seconds that game. This game would have been far from over! Great game, WWS battled hard. I get what they initially wanted to do, run the ball, chew the clock, keep BRs offense on the sideline. But they had success passing, in the second half they should have just stuck with it. Part of me wanted BR out so it would make MC path easier IF we get past Batavia, but the other part wanted to see a BR/MC rematch.....again IF we get past Batavia and BR beats Yorkville. Great game tonight

Couple criticisms for both sides from what I saw.

WWS- A lot of dropped passes that could have gone for long gains. I get what they were trying to do with the run but they wasted a lot of plays going up the middle. Outside of the reverse pass for the TD they had a very vanilla game plan, run, run, pass. They pass was there, they should have stuck with it more.

BR- Unless your kicker sucks, which yours doesn’t, stop going for 2 unless you need it, 4th and 4 from your 48, punt, pin them down deep, you have a great offense and had plenty of time. I know your giant TE isn’t the fastest but he’s almost a guaranteed 5-10 yards, he should be used more, not many HS kids can cover him.

Other then that, outstanding game, better then the College options last night! WWS defense played great. Lausch isn’t Aaron Rogers, he’s a teenager learning the game still and is going to have off games and make mistakes, I think BR responded well to it. Good job all around....outside of my criticism! 😀

Other then that, outstanding game, better then the College options last night! WWS defense played great. Lausch isn’t Aaron Rogers, he’s a teenager learning the game still and is going to have off games and make mistakes, I think BR responded well to it. Good job all around....outside of my criticism! 😀
It was a great game. I was very impressed with WWS' defense and overall toughness. You could tell they were a battle-tested team from a great conference. If they could have eliminated a few of their offensive mistakes, it would not have come down to a 2-point conversion for the win.

As for Rice, their offense was not at its best as you suggested. But, good teams find a way to win when not at their peak performance. I thought their defense played well, although giving up that long TD pass at the end is a cardinal sin. But, there are no style points. Survive and advance.

It was a great game. I was very impressed with WWS' defense and overall toughness. You could tell they were a battle-tested team from a great conference. If they could have eliminated a few of their offensive mistakes, it would not have come down to a 2-point conversion for the win.

As for Rice, their offense was not at its best as you suggested. But, good teams find a way to win when not at their peak performance. I thought their defense played well, although giving up that long TD pass at the end is a cardinal sin. But, there are no style points. Survive and advance.
LA gave up a TD to MC on a long pass with seconds remaining to almost cost them the game, MC let up a late bomb to BR....then last night WWS bomb....these teams need to work on prevent coverages! Never seen it this bad.

Reactions: crusaderpride
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT