ADVERTISEMENT

WV game. Just heard what happened. Crazy

BigJohn34

Jul 5, 2017
What a crazy ending that was, WV D almost blew it again. Heard the DL was getting beat all game and the coach still refuses to rotate. The D was cooked by the 4th, I wasn't there (Oswego baby !) but was told this from my nephew on the freshman team .
Big John

Last edited:
I was contacted by a father on the team to please take my last sentence down. Out of respect for him I did just that.

Big John

What's really crazy is that we can't seem to put teams away. Up 35-24 half way thru the 4th quarter and running it down WWS throats and first and 10 at WWS 15 yard line going in for the kill TD (to be up by 18 points with less than 6 minutes to go) and low and behold a holding penality. Then a couple of weird draws/screens and a wacky 10 yard punt from the WWS 35 yard line.

I was thinking: oh no another Naperville Central game (and it almost was). No pass rush and WWS QB shredded us.

We got lucky as WWS was trying to punch it in at WV goal line and the DLine maned up and stoned their Oline and causes a fumble and WV recovered and took a knee to end the game.

Yikes! Glad it didn't turn out like the NC game is all I can say. Edit and maybe I would add please please please (with some sugar on top) utilize some speed rush guys on obvious pass plays - the only pressure we got was from #8 when he took a few snaps at DE instead of LB.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT